Sign in to follow this  
pennyj

In The News...

I saw an article on news.com.au today and thought I'd start a thread to share different stories we find around the place regarding WLS, food and anything note worthy.

A woman in Portland, Oregan ate a 2kg steak in 2 minutes, 45 seconds. If you what the video, it's absolutely insane!

As I was watching it though, I feel as though my band what tightening while watching her eat at such a speed. I could almost feel the pain of a stuck moment.

Just a year after being banded and my mindset on how to eat has completely changed (mostly due to the negative reinforcement of the consequences if I don't eat the way I'm suppose to, I imagine!).

But I found it interesting my reaction to the video. Would love to hear others thoughts.

News article:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/molly-schuyler-beats-record-for-eating-2kg-steak/story-fneuz8zj-1226799081859

YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuqPL6X-aCc

I just hate any form of eating contests- they just make me cringe! Just lovely to watch the gulps of Coke between mouthfuls- not

it turns my stomach to watch this.

There is a restaurant called Outback Jacks here in Australia that has a challenge - 1 kg rump steak, 1/2 kg potato wedges 1/2 kg veges and 30 minutes to eat it and you get it for free, get a t-shirt and a mention on their Facebook page.

The Australia record is 3 1/2 minutes. The record for the Canberra store is around 6 1/2 minutes.

I asked them if they provide a free ambulance for when the have a heart attack from all the blood rushing to their stomach to try and cope with the food.

There is another place in Canberra call The London Burgers & Beer. They have an eating challenge of eating 2 'works burgers', fries and a jug of beer in 30 minutes or less. One works burger does my 14 year old step son 4 meals and he isn't bad on the tooth so to speak.

These competitions disgust and appal me.

That video is totally gross pnj .

Watching that makes one want to :

A ) Turn vegetarian

B ) Stick to "simple foods" such as chicken , lamb , fish & quinoa

C ) Go jogging tomorrow morning & to attend that body pump class Monday morning

D ) Ask my Dr in February to put so much fill in my band that I will never , NEVER , EVER want to eat like that . Joking .

Stupid world record to hold IMHO .

• Like 1

I get a strange feeling just thinking about eating certain foods and nothing could mget me to even try to eat it. I bet this poor lady didn't keep it down for long either.

Not weight loss related but I think very important! Frustrating when they say "They know that most Western shoppers care more about value than values." but unfortunately far too often is true.

https://www.news.com.au/world/cambodias-clothes-makers-being-killed-after-protesting-for-a-pay-rise-to-make-clothes-for-nike-gap/story-fndir2ev-1226797612232