Specialized29er

Whats the naughtiest thing you've eaten since being banded.

I've done a bad, bad thing, tonight I ate a whole tray of Tim Tams but the good news is tomorrow is Saturday and I'm home so the highway is a calling.

I don't think of any food as 'naughty'. I think more in terms of frequency and quantity as being potentially 'naughty'. For example ... if my kids are having a bowl of icecream, I'll have a single teaspoon and I'm happy. I don't consider that to be naughty. BUT ... if I had a whole bowlful as an unplanned meal ... THAT would be naughty. Also, when I go out to dinner I very often get crumbed calamari because I love it but can't cook it well enough at home. I have it very rarely so for me it's ok but if I were doing it every week, that'd be naughty.

• Like 7

I don't think of any food as 'naughty'. I think more in terms of frequency and quantity as being potentially 'naughty'. For example ... if my kids are having a bowl of icecream, I'll have a single teaspoon and I'm happy. I don't consider that to be naughty. BUT ... if I had a whole bowlful as an unplanned meal ... THAT would be naughty. Also, when I go out to dinner I very often get crumbed calamari because I love it but can't cook it well enough at home. I have it very rarely so for me it's ok but if I were doing it every week, that'd be naughty.

You've helped me with my perspective as I haven't had any "naughty food" but I keep forgetting I can now eat normally as such and as I've been invited to Bracegirdles tommorrow for lunch, i've checked the menu and WOW I think this will definetly be "naughty" but as I don't eat much I'll either share or get a doggy bag. But back to "naughty" for me it comes down to quantities as you said tishtish there's a lot of calories between a bowl and a spoon of icecream and with good tasting food sometimes you only need a mouthful and this from a person who used to have a bowl piled high. B)

• Like 2

Having just spent four weeks on holiday in Tassie, I've eaten lots of 'naughty' stuff - just in much smaller quantities. I was on holidays after all, and still need to enjoy myself. The 'naughtiest' but most delicious was raspberry fudge. It took me three days to eat a piece. Though, so wasn't so bad. I've noticed things that I would normally have eaten to excess before, taste way too sweet now. (Which is a good thing, because I'm less inclined to eat them)

• Like 3

I don't have enough self control to say alright just one Tim Tam or just one spoon of ice cream, :lol: :lol:   So I try to keep away from all naughty food.

• Like 2

I don't believe in 'naughty' food per se.

I have conditioned myself to thinking of certain things as 'sometimes food' or 'occasional food'

Ego magnum ice creams are a one a year food for me!

• Like 4

I agree! What's "naughty" for me is the frequency and quantity.

If I eat healthy for 5 days and then have a cappucino and a piece of cake at a cafe when I go the shopping, im happy.

If I know I havent been eating well and I bake and eat a whole batch of brownies in 2 days, then I feel guilty as anything for the next week. Im still trying to overcome my binge eating and I think its something I will continue to struggle with for a while.

• Like 3

This is pretty cute ... I always think of it when I think about "Sometimes foods". (My kids and I also apply this to some people, as in, some people are "Sometimes people". lol)

• Like 5

Exactly! One of the things I really love about the band is it is not good or bad it is all frequency and amount. I've never felt so free to eat (small amounts) of things I previously considered naughty.

• Like 2

Chocolate..but only good quality chocolate! 

I also don't see some food as 'naughty', because the occasional treat should always be okay.  Even models and bodybuilders and professional athletes have the occasional 'treat'.

To try and moderate my treats (because I am not the only one who has food in the pantry) I have stuck a label on the containers that contain chocolate etc.   The label reads [sabotage food]   - so I get a reminder that yes, I COULD eat it, but it would sabotage at least one day's effort to drop weight.

I also keep a little china dog ornament on the eye-level shelf in the pantry - which catches my eye as I open the pantry.  It is a visual reminder to myself that I am not a dog and do not need to reward myself with food. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Macaroni & Cheese is my absolute weakness. I might have it once (one 'meal' makes a few servings) every few months and it's divine!

• Like 3

cheesecake. not a whole one but a decent serving... it's amazing how easily it slides for me!

• Like 1

Cheesecake and chocolate brownies are probably my naughty foods

• Like 1

carbs-period-once I get started they seem to consume me-I noticed after I limited my carbs and stuck to it I had much less crazing for them

• Like 1

This is pretty cute ... I always think of it when I think about "Sometimes foods". (My kids and I also apply this to some people, as in, some people are "Sometimes people". lol)

Love the clip and your never too old for Sesame Street or Bobs Burger.

• Like 1

Nearly every single day I have a small bag of smiths chips ( 90 gram)  and a caramello bear.  I found that if I held out and held out with my cravings I would finally buckle and have a really bad pig out....... this way my cravings are satisfied and I don't get to binge stage.

I buy them in the morning.... then I have a game with myself as to how long I can leave them on the bench with out opening them. ... when I finally get to them I make them last... tiny nibbles.

• Like 1

I mentioned in another post that I have been eating all kinds of things that are naughty but not in big amounts. The sausage roll took me three goes to get it down. A slice of pizza was enough and interestingly I didn't enjoy that stuff at all. Only the waffle icecream cone was nice.

• Like 1

When I was in the states I swear I went through a tub of Ben and Jerry's every 4 days :P luckily I was walking everywhere so didn't come home to a huge gain!

When I was in the states I swear I went through a tub of Ben and Jerry's every 4 days :P luckily I was walking everywhere so didn't come home to a huge gain!

I was like that when I went to the UK. Now Ben and Jerry's is finally here.. aaaah! :blink: