Suetaxi

Pasta

Am I able to eat pasta with tuna moray in the mushy stage. I am half way through the second week of mushiness and most things are going down pretty easily. Want to make mornay for dinner tonight and pasta will make it more substantial for the rest of the family. Should I try it or just keep the tuna sauce aside for me?

You could have the pasta with it but I'd put it through a blender first. To be honest, when I have tuna mornay these days I have it without the pasta and it's more than satisfying. If you wanted to, you could instead have it with mashed potato, polenta or cous cous.

Thank you Trish. I have just made the sauce and it is very tasty. How do you get out of the habit of taste testing? I will try it with some pasta ( blended of course) and see how I go. Thanks again for the advice.

cook the pasta until soft, use more sauce and topping than pasta and you should be right :)

I've never been a taste-tester so it's not a habit I ever had to break. I smell my food as I cook it.

• Like 1

A good cook always tastes while cooking! Lol but unfortunately, now it does mean by the time im ready to serve up, im not that hungry any more :( I try my hardest to just "taste" and not eat a whole meal's worth while im cooking. It is a tricky habit to break.

Tuna mornay is great just on its own for me now. The protein in it will fill you up quickly, you shouldnt need the pasta :) but you can still serve it over rice or pasta for your family. Or sometimes ill just spoon it over some steamed vegetables.

• Like 1

Use a clean finger, it holds less than a spoon for testing. I'm like that too fresh start, not hungry by serving time. I just thought of that solution then, sounds a bit grotty, but I'm going to try that.

Thanks everybody. Had some leftover tonight - pasta no blending and it went down ok. Am starting to feel hungry at night now. First fill not till 19th. I am ok all day but want more at night. Any suggestions please?

Drink a large glass of water ,brush your teeth or like I do at night I have a warm milo made with mostly water and little skim milk this satisfies me and I go to bed early

• Like 1

I always find it a bit funny when I've cooked a meal for my friends, which is quite often, and we all sit down but I don't eat anything as I've been tasting! Sometimes they joke that I've poisoned the food!

Not on the same topic but how do you put the ticker on your stats. I made one but can't work out how to get under my name

Pasta doesn't agree with me, also I'm a fussy eater so have never been a taster. My mother in law reckons that's why my food has no taste but how can you taste things that you don't like it just tastes yuk lol

Pasta doesn't agree with me, also I'm a fussy eater so have never been a taster. My mother in law reckons that's why my food has no taste but how can you taste things that you don't like it just tastes yuk lol

Lol i think the real question is why are you cooking foods that you dont like?! :)

• Like 1