Katjack14

March 2014

Great post. Audacious what you said is very true. I really enjoy reading while I eat but I think I have to stop this as I need to focus on what I am putting into my mouth so I can read my hunger signals.

Excellent words audacious :-) thanks.

Today was better, I went out and stayed busy which seems to make things easier. It's when I'm home for extended periods of time that I start wandering around the kitchen looking for something to munch... And then just keep on munching

Haha keep going Jellybelly. Maybe instead of wandering aimlessly around kitchen.....get stuck into cleaning out your pantry. Get rid of anything you shouldn't be eating. If it's not in your cupboard to start with, you won't be tempted to eat it....and it gives you something to do rather then eat lol.

• Like 3

Does anyone else eat tea for example, even though they are not hungry?

The Easter chocolates have started to roll in and I have succumbed. I need to knock this habit on the head quick smart.

I did last night... I had a glass of milk while I was cooking dinner and was quite full, and then still full an hour later when dinner was ready. I still ate it and felt so horrible afterwards, I'm struggling with the mentality not to eat when I'm not hungry - even though its dinner time. 

I'm struggling this week, and I don't know if a fill would fix my problems as I feel physically full but want to keep eating

Go, you two!! lol.... well done! Maybe you could start a healthy eating clean out team after this!? lol!! Great support!! xxxx

Jellybean I have been struggling all week, I have 2 days of liquids due to a fill on Monday and tonight I been in tears all night. I am hanging to have normal food on Thursday. My doctor give me a good talking to in my fill session on Monday night and I glad I go in weekly at the movement for a weigh and adjust. Life at the movement is crazy with work and everything else. Term 2 back next week and so is swimming training and exercise. How is everyone else going

• Like 1

You poor thing Katjack, only one more day to go and you'll be able to have some proper food. Is that your doctors normal procedure, to ut you on liquids for 2 days following a fill? How many have you had now? 

My next appt isn't until the 29th but I'm tempted to try and get an appointment before then. I was 94.1kg on Sunday and I've gone back up to 94.4kg  :( my first gain in over two months

• Like 1

First fill today ladies. Just 2ml in. Back in 2 weeks for another fill. Haven't felt any restriction in 2 weeks so hoping I feel some today!

• Like 1

I have had 3 fill first was a 1mls on mash done by my surgeon, I was hungry so second was last week, .7mls which was great. Got stuck and vomited for 24 hours and 1ml out to stop the vomiting and then on Monday night had other 1ml. My doctor rules are fluids for 24-48 hours post fill but as I had a major blockage he wanted 48 hours.

I am going weekly till I get my green zone as he prefers to see you weekly for a few weeks

• Like 1

So I decided to do some exercise today and put on a beginner yoga video of Jillian michaels. Well 6 minutes into it I needed a break. I can t believe how inflexible my body is.

• Like 3

Had my first follow-up appointment yesterday and the surgeon decided not to add any extra fill (some already in the band from surgery). I go back to him in three weeks and it is likely he'll put some in then.

• Like 1

Did he say why he wouldn't put any extra fluid in the band? I am hoping they will put some in mine at my first follow up because I can still eat larger portions of food. Today I had to tell myself that I'd did jot NEED 4 crus kits :/

I'm not hungry enough. He asked about the amount that I'm eating and how my hunger levels are and I said that at the moment it all seems ok and I get hungry but once I eat (a small amount) I'm not hungry anymore. I contribute this to the pre-surgery (optifast) phase but I'm sure as time progresses and I get onto more solid foods this will change. I'm fairly certain that next visit he'll put more in, I'm sure there is already 3mL in there, based on what he said after the surgery, not the best time to be giving me information.

• Like 1

That's great you are doing so well.

So I have gone away with my family for a few days. 😊😜. I had a appointment at the royal woman today and the confirmed what I know. I need my iud replaced. I have asked not to have a ga but to try without a ga and if I need one I will down the track

Food was I pick lots of snacks. Had a milkshake from Melbourne to Geelong. Back on solids and my first meal is a mm shake.

Late after we stop in Apollo bay, after doing the shop Liam got a pizza, I had grilled fish and it was so nice.

Dinner tonight was my pick, got BBQ skinless sausages and salad.

Very happy tonight and not hungry and no vomiting. Happy Easter everyone

• Like 3

HI March Bandits Glad to hear everyone is doing ok and getting all their apps done.

So I had my first fill put in. I had 3.5mls in when the band was put in and Professor put another 1ml in to make it 4.5

I wanted to ask you all a question.

With the band I find my day as per the following:

Wake up have a coffee. I dont have anything to eat until around 12 or 1. Then after that I dont have dinner until around 7.30 /8pm as im not very hungry till then.

Do you think this is too late to be eating??? as in 8pm? I was told not to eat unless im hungry so does this matter how late at night it is??

thanks in advance

• Like 1

I was banded last night and just wanted to say how much of a great supportive bunch you are. Reading your post really helped prepare me. Thank you for sharing your stories and updates :) Hopefully a few more people may join the April post. :)

• Like 4

Hey determined...you should eat when you get up even if your not hungry. Gets your body out of sleep mode...even if its just one wheatbix or just one egg. Otherwise your body stays sluggish and doesn't burn fat ff calories. First meal at 12....way too late hun. Your body would have gone into starvation mode and wouldn't release any calories at all.

Well done Jelly belly...I am proud of you :-). I hope your ok Katjack?

I'm struggling to lose weight at the moment. I am eating properly yet losing nothing...very annoying. I do feel hungry and at this stage I feel like I could eat anything. I have 3 mls at the moment and prob need more I think. Have a great Easter everyone x

• Like 1

Thanks Audacious. I will try and start this.. Just still a bit confused on the whole when to eat thing. do i eat when I am hungry or do I force myself to eat 3 meals a day.. oh well i know in time it will all work it self out

Hey Determined....hate to be the one to tell you this........but you should be eating 6 meals a day haha. Very small meals, breaky, morning tea, lunch, arvo tea, dinner then supper. Morning tea can be as small as 4 almonds and a very small bunch of grapes. If you regularly feed your body small amounts of food say every 3 hours, it doesn't go into starvation mode and tells your body it can drop weight. All meals should now be the size of a bread and butter plate...really about a half serve of everything. Afternoon tea try a couple of tbls of no sugar low fat greek yoghurt and a handfull of berries. You don't need a lot.....as long as you have something. ..and not food high in sugar lol....I have even had quarter of an avocado. Better if your a diabetic to eat this way too.....your body then doesn't have high spikes and lows in your sugar levels. ...tends to level things out x

• Like 1

I thought I better go back and have a look at Professor Paul Obriens Book "The Lap Band Solution" and number 1 of the Golden Rules say that to eat 2 or 3 small meals or less a day with no snacks in between.

I guess everyone is using different information from their surgeon.

Even when i went for my first fill I was told i didnt have to do the liquid and mushy phase after this and could just continue to eat like normal... 

I guess everyone is doing it differently. As long as we all get good results Ill be happy.

Thank you Audacious for your information :)

• Like 2

For me, eating 6 small meals defeats the purpose of the lap band keeping you full. I was always told to stick with three standard meals and to get a fill if I started snacking in between.

Hi All,

I was also told by my surgeon 3 small meals a day and no snacks. I have an up and go or scrambled eggs for breakfast, soup or left over dinner from the night before for lunch and then dinner. If i get hungry in the middle of the afternoon i either have a cruskit or small handful of nuts. I had my first fill on Thursday they put 1ml in which takes me up to 5ml and i go back in 3 weeks unless i get really hungry before then. 

Hope your all enjoying the easter break.

• Like 1

We have definitely been told different things lol. I wasn't told much by surgeon, he sent me to a dietitian and thats the info I got off them, they said they didn't want me to get hungry, because if I do...then I will eat the wrong stuff. I hope everyone is well and enjoying Easter x

I didn't have any fill at all for the first month. Now I only have 3... in a couple of weeks will have another 1 ml. Doc said I should only have about 5 ml all up? I do still get hungry at the moment.....so looking forward to another fill......and my band only holds up to 9ml.