Katjack14

March 2014

Great to hear you are doing better lillypilly, I can not speak highly of CBS, I go to the clinic in Preston now and dr pa gets me to go in weekly.

You will lose the 5kg by July

• Like 1

LillyPilly I'm really glad to hear that you are doing so much better! Now you can start to enjoy the journey

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are on the mend LillyPilly. The sunshine can do great things so I too feel that helped. 5kg by July? ...you got this! :)

• Like 1

Welcome Chevy  :) Glad your fill wasn't painful, I still haven't had one yet and I'm pretty nervous. Not a fan of needles (but can appreciate the irony of the bands requirements).

Lillypilly what a journey! I'm really happy to see that you're on the mend and hopefully there are no more nasty surprises!

I have an appointment with the dietitian and doctor tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. I still don't think I'll get a fill as I've been losing consistently over the weeks however old habits have crept in a little and I've eaten a fair bit of crap. I've been off since Good Friday and back at work today I'm struggling, I just want to go to sleep. 

• Like 3

yay lillypilly glad to see all if going well.

Hope everyone is going well. so happy easter is all over and i can get back on track i have had a bad week :( but will get back up on the horse and keep prodding along :)

Welcome to the new ppl in the MARCH group :)

• Like 3

Wow LillyPilly! What a journey so far!! Great to hear you are healing now :D

• Like 1

Saw Dr Carina this morning.  The wound is finally starting to dry up and heal and there's no signs of infection.  

We discussed how I've found I definitely want to eat less and have even had a few almost stuck moments so shhe wanted to measure if there was nothing in my band and sure enough there was actually 1.5 mL in there! So she added 2 mL and said we'll see how I go.  She made sure I had a cup of water before I left the rooms, small sips, so we knew the band was okay.  It was.  Oddly, I lost 0.8 of the 1 kg I had put on last week but I won't complain.

Other than a pain on my left side, a bit like a stitch up under my ribs that sometimes radiates around into my back, which she said might be the tubing or might still be postop pain (unlikely given it was over 4 weeks ago), I feel really good.

I feel that I can finally start this damned thing!

I would also like to sincerely thank the lovely person who has continuously communicated with me in DM during this awful time - we have shared quite a lot! You know who you are and you are wonderful  :wub:   Also to the others who dropped me messages of support and good wishes. Thank you  :) 

• Like 6

Did anyone else find their weight has plateaued a bit before the first fill? I seem to be hovering around the same mark for the past 3 weeks. Hoping the fill on Thursday will help me progress again.

• Like 1

So what's with the tummy rumbling? Since I got home a few hours ago my tummy has been rumbling and grumbling like a volcano getting ready to erupt!

Is this normal after a fill?

Light I have seemed to stall a bit... No fill until the 7th. Hubby starts his pre-op diet tomorrow (approx 6 weeks to go).

• Like 1

Great to read everyone. I went back tonight after a very stressful day. Audit and 2 death my great uncle and a staff member. I lost .8kg this week. Ya to me. I had .3 in tonight and my aim is to be 150kg next week as I am 152.3kg this week. I have started eating out a bit more but need to reforucs

• Like 2

Hi everybody! So glad I have found these groups, have been feeling very alone on this journey not knowing if everything I am feeling is normal etc.

I was banded on the 20th of March at the Avenue by Prof Paul O'Brien, who I must say did a great job and the CBS team have all been really lovely, supportive and informative. Cannot fault them or The Avenue in any way.

Lost 6kgs in the first fortnight but then gained 1back by the end of that. Had another 1ml put in by prof and then only lost 300gm the next fortnight, although I take full responsibility for that with the possible chocolate consumption that occurred over Easter :-{

Had another .4ml in today and have not felt hungry at all today but will see how go this next fortnight. Starting to exercise more now which will hopefully help. I'm a little discouraged by the little weight lost the last 3 weeks but maybe I'm just being too impatient!

If there are any groups that have catch ups in eastern suburbs (I'm in Chadstone) I'd love to join if possible! Or if anyone needs a work out buddy I need motivation and will motivate back in return.

• Like 3

I had my first fill today, it wasn't bad at all. I now have 3mls and am booked in again next week to get another 2mls. My weight has plateaued for the past couple of weeks but the surgeon said I am doing well as most people have put weight back on by this stage. She said I have been very good :) I'm hoping to feel restriction soon because I have been getting hungry between meals. I have been having coffee to fill my tummy but I think I am consuming too much caffine. I purchased some nice herbal teas which should also help save calories from the milk.

• Like 1

I'm going to have a whinge... It's boring but I need a vent haha

I've been getting a lot of abdominal bloating and pain, but have been able to deal with it by going to bed early, but the time i wake up its gone and we're good. I've been talking to my doctors and they said we'll have a look when I come in.

So I had the pain last Thurs, Sat and again on Monday. My appointment on Tuesday I had no pain and the doctor (not my surgeon, the fill doctor) goes through the questions and gives my middle a really good poke and squeeze around. It was a little sensitive in some spots but not too bad so he gave me a referral for blood tests and an ultrasound. 

Fast forward two hours later and I'm in effing agony - literally 100 times worse than surgery pain, I've never been in this much pain before. I went to bed to try and sleep it off as usual, but I woke up crying so my husband took my up to our local hospital. They gave me some panadeine forte, endone and a toradol injection before the pain started to subside and admitted me until they could call my surgeon in the morning. 

In the morning the pain had pretty much gone but the surgeon asked for an xray and an ultrasound and for me to take them up to his clinic. 

They showed NOTHING so I'm completely at square one. The pain started again this afternoon so I took an endone and its gone, but I don't want to be taking pain killers long term for this. 

I am grateful however that the surgeon was able to see me on such short notice and really made time to make sure I was ok. Feeling confident in my choice of medical practitioners, I just wish there was something to stop this horrible feeling

• Like 1

Jellybelly I hope you can find the root of the problem. I find I get very bloated and get a dull sort of pain in my stomach in the afternoons... I have been taking de-gas but also hope I dont need to keep taking pills for this

Poor you :(

If they can't find anything and the blood tests were normal, with the X-ray not even show constipation or gas.. at least you know you're relatively safe.. even if you don't  know what it is! Have you tried home remedies, like heat packs? (or hot water bottles..)... should help if it's a spasm type thing...

I know last week I had so much pain in my left side, I couldn't even walk down the corridor at work without stopping every 3 steps... my surgeon said it was "stretching" and the "port bedding in"... still happens some days... sometimes around the port scarring, sometimes tummy button area... who knows - but a lot better than it was!

I also had not budged weight in the last few weeks... actually put half kilo back on... had not been hungry until after my first fill and then I was! He said that that was quite common, as the fluid and air within the band gets "redistributed" during the first fill.... so you might end up with less fill the first time than you started with!! Anyway, second fill today ... now 4.5mls in a 10 ml band.... haven't been hungry since so we'll see!! Another appointment next week to review...

Glad to hear Lilly Pilly is on the mend too............... what a rough trot some are having! I look forward to fast forwarding to this summer, when we are all pain free and smiling about our new skinnier bodies!! :)

• Like 1

Jellybelly are you sure it isn't gallstones?

Or colic of the bowel? I had that once when I was pregnant and I was basically bent over in agony.

That's no good JellyBelly, I hope that they work out whatever it is.

Thanks for all of the love  :wub:

Heat packs, warm baths and stretching haven't worked unfortunately. Its not a muscle spasm kind of pain its a rolling pain through my middle that leaves me feeling nauseous. The ultra sound didn't show any gall stones and my gall bladder was a little inflamed but not enough to be worried about it. 

I bought a little diary yesterday and have to write down everything i consume, activity I do, what I wear and my pain level out of 10 for that day so we'll see how we go. I'm just frustrated

• Like 2

That is no good Jellybelly, I hope its not an infection like Lillypilly.  Get them to check your gall bladder again, I wouldn't have thought it should be inflamed at all.  I have had my gall bladder out....and I gotta tell you....I have had 3 natural child births......and gall bladder pain far out ways childbirth on the pain levels.  Hugs and kisses everyone xxx

• Like 3