Katjack14

March 2014

I am so excited, I fit into a forever new dress. I never thought I would fit into anything in that store so I am thrilled!

• Like 7

Well done light! They have the most beautiful clothes, I can't wait to fit into them as well!

• Like 1

Omg thats amazing light.... 

This was one of my goals to be able to fit into clothes from this shop.

How much weight have you lost now you are doing amazing and should be very proud of yourself :)

Im proding along not losing as much I would hope but I have to stay positive and keep thinking a loss is a loss. 12 kgs so far since being banded on the 24th March... Still very much a secret bandit.

glad to see everyone is doing so well its such a positive to be reading everyones achievements.. Well done MARCH bandits!

• Like 3

15ks I have lost but I have worked hard to do it. I actually wonder how much of it I have done myself verses how much the lapband has done. My weight had started to plateau so I have been hitting the gym 5/6 times a week.

• Like 3

Light -Well done you!! Whether it was the band or not - it has obviously helped to put you on the right track - and YOU have done all the work - shame the band didn't pay for the new dress too !! (Hey - don't you think it would be a good idea if our surgeons gave us back a $100  voucher for a clothing store for every 10 or 15 kilos lost!!?? LOL! that'd be great!!) You should be rightly proud of yourself and I hope you feel great in the dress! I wish I could find the motivation to exercise hard every day!

Jelly Belly - your stage sounds almost exactly like mine - my hair loss seems to have practically stopped now ( I too was puling out handfuls on each wash.... but no clumps... just LOADS! i FEEL i have tons less hair than I used to.. but at least it's stopped (and i did have a lot before!) I am also getting stuck a lot of the time. sometimes i only get two mouthfuls in before it happens.....and same.. if I eat in two sittings and wait for the first stuck sensation to go, then start agin 10 mins later, i might manage to eat more... but sure you are not supposed to eat over that long! Trouble is - as you say - the snacky things that you shouldn't be eating still go down and it's very tempting just to nibble on them, 'cause being stuck and then PBing all the time is miserable and puts you off eating! I can see how people put weight on!! My surgeons associate doctor said he wasn't at all concerned if I couldn't eat... "just nibble almonds, "cause that's when you eat your bum!" (horrible terminology and picture in my head, i thought!)... so i will plod on... but when i next see the surgeon in a few weeks, if i am still like this, i think i will have a little un-fill, as i want to be able to eat veggies and stuff again and having real trouble at present!!!

determined 20 - thanks from me.. and well done you too! Don't know how you are managing to keep it secret -  congratulations! i think it would be a lot harder for me to do that, with people at work trying to get you to eat pizza, scones, cream and jam, lollies, chips, cakes, slices, chocolate etc that they bring in to work and put out for all to share...or they have "pork roll wednesdays" "sushi fridays" etc...... i would be constantly nagged about why i wasn't trying their cooking or joining with the take aways - whereas now I just say " i can't eat that with the lap band" ! ( but the warm scones - newly cooked - do look delicious!!) ;) so good on you!  I feel for the secret banders - although I do know what you mean - you do find some judgemental people... but for me, I can handle that easier than trying to resist the food being constantly pushed on me! ;)

• Like 1

Well done everyone on your progress. Here's the latest on my journey...

I went to the surgeon today for an adjustment (just to remind you I saw him briefly 4 weeks ago and told him about my port being very mobile) and reminded him that my port is VERY mobile and that I was worried that maybe it had flipped as I knew it had been side on. He asked if I'd had any pain, to which I had replied that no, I hadn't just some discomfort at the time, until I had got the port to sit flat again. He reassured me that everything was probably fine and that it was highly unlikely that my port had flipped (same story that he told me 4 weeks ago).

I get on the table (after a weigh in) and he preps the site and sticks in the needle. It won't go, so he pushes a bit harder, I hear a loud scrape and get a shooting pain near the port and radiating out. Luckily, it didn't last long. He apologises and has another go, with the same result, saying that the needle is just hitting the metal and sliding off and that he is going to give me a local, and yes my port is quite mobile (hmmm).

After a couple of minutes, when the anaesthetic has set in he gets out a second needle and starts jabbing into the area around the port trying to get it in so that he can deliver more fill. After several attempts (it was getting ridiculous) he decides that my port has indeed flipped and I need to have revision surgery to either re-stitch this one, or replace it.

So now, aside from a massive bruise building, I have a revision surgery booked and the fill that I know I needed, as I've been putting on a little weight lately, has been delayed. I really hope that I don't put too much weight on and that he hasn't pierced the tubing with all his prodding.

On the upside... I was right, there was something going on, and my port shouldn't have been so mobile.

• Like 2

Gee Riar, really sorry to hear that has happened to you and so soon after surgery. Do you know how that happened and did it happen easily?

It's not good that you need to have surgery again and I hope it goes well for you.

Does it hurt to get a fill? I am still waiting for my lap band later this month so am wondering.

Congratulations Light on getting a new dress and you must feel great.

Keep up all the good work everyone :D

• Like 2

Riar!!!  :(   It never rains, but it pours!! What a royal pain... I am soo sorry for you  :(   Wasn't the port sewn down? I thought they were s'posed to be sewn to the muscle?? (I'd better ask mine!!) How do they flip? Well - well done you for your awareness. When is your surgery and  are you going to have to pay for that?? Not sore?

All the best with the weight - it'll go again in the end. i know it's a shame to undo some of what you have done... but the concentration will have to be on you and the stupid port at the moment! SUCH a bummer! I feel for you :( let me know how you go... and when!!? xx

• Like 1

Foodaholic I have had one fill through my port and that didn't really hurt, just a jab and a bit of a pull when he pulled out the needle.

Mindset I have no idea what happened to cause the port to flip. It is supposed to be sewn down but the surgeon said that sometimes the stitches dissolve for whatever reason. I don't know whether I'm paying for the surgery yet but it is booked for the 28th of this month. It hasn't been sore, and as I said to the surgeon the biggest issue was some discomfort when the port wasn't sitting flat, not really pain (maybe I have a high pain threshold, but I doubt it). At least I know that this has happened and will have to be extra vigilant about what I'm putting in my mouth (hopefully I won't put on too much).

Just gotta keep smiling :)

• Like 1

:) There's a smile for you to help keep you sane!! I shall write you in my calendar, so I will think of you!! As i say - what a pain!! how's hubby doing?

• Like 1

Hubby has had a fill and is starting to feel it now. He still occasionally eats too fast but is getting better, we'll have to keep working on it and making sure we (he) doesn't drink too soon after swallowing food. Might have to watch the 8 golden rules DVD again.

• Like 1

Good on him! I know it can be difficult sometimes.... having said that, I have to confess I always eat and drink together if I want to.. and am still losing (and still getting stuck relatively often!!) lol!! x

• Like 1

Hi and hope all is well. I have noticed Katjack hasn't been on the site for ages and hoping she is doing well. Does anyone know how she is?

You poor thing Rlar, what a bit of bad luck. Hopefully you don't need to pay for the revision surgery and that it's an easy recovery. It's good they booked it so soon though so you can get back on track.

I've been wondering about katjack as well foodaholic, I hope she's ok. She had a bit of trouble with her band at the beginning so I hope nothing is wrong.

I took a few progress photos today... Looking at my original photos compared to now was a real shock and I'm horrified I let myself get that fat!

• Like 3

JellyBelly, it is a real eye opener being able to look back.

Foodaholic I too am wondering what is happening with Katjack.

Mindset I too sometimes have a drink while I'm eating, I just give myself the minute between swallows (he is still learning this).

As for my little set back, I hope that once it is taken care of I can enjoy some more progress.

• Like 3

I have devoured half a family size block of chocolate :( my self control just went out the window. I need to reset and begin again tomorrow.

• Like 1

That's the thing about tomorrow, it's always a new day

Onto tomorrow light :-) don't be too hard on yourself everyone is going to have those moments.

Last Sunday I had three maxibons and the lions share of a small block of cadburys. On top of actual meals.

This week has been full of good choices and exercise

• Like 2

New jeans and jacket. I took this on Thursday and was feeling fabulous. Still got a way to go, but I'm getting there. :)post-19781-0-85175700-1406420517_thumb.j

• Like 6

Woo Hoo Riar, you must be feeling so good buying new clothes after losing all that weight. well done

• Like 1

I must say that I am feeling pretty fabulous, nice to know that it can be done I just have to keep going.

• Like 4

I must say that I am feeling pretty fabulous, nice to know that it can be done I just have to keep going.

Nice outfit Rlar!! Looking fab  :D 

• Like 2

Well done everyone on your progress. Here's the latest on my journey...

I went to the surgeon today for an adjustment (just to remind you I saw him briefly 4 weeks ago and told him about my port being very mobile) and reminded him that my port is VERY mobile and that I was worried that maybe it had flipped as I knew it had been side on. He asked if I'd had any pain, to which I had replied that no, I hadn't just some discomfort at the time, until I had got the port to sit flat again. He reassured me that everything was probably fine and that it was highly unlikely that my port had flipped (same story that he told me 4 weeks ago).

I get on the table (after a weigh in) and he preps the site and sticks in the needle. It won't go, so he pushes a bit harder, I hear a loud scrape and get a shooting pain near the port and radiating out. Luckily, it didn't last long. He apologises and has another go, with the same result, saying that the needle is just hitting the metal and sliding off and that he is going to give me a local, and yes my port is quite mobile (hmmm).

After a couple of minutes, when the anaesthetic has set in he gets out a second needle and starts jabbing into the area around the port trying to get it in so that he can deliver more fill. After several attempts (it was getting ridiculous) he decides that my port has indeed flipped and I need to have revision surgery to either re-stitch this one, or replace it.

So now, aside from a massive bruise building, I have a revision surgery booked and the fill that I know I needed, as I've been putting on a little weight lately, has been delayed. I really hope that I don't put too much weight on and that he hasn't pierced the tubing with all his prodding.

On the upside... I was right, there was something going on, and my port shouldn't have been so mobile.

Hi ladies, I phoned the hospital and have to be there at 6am tomorrow morning. I am hoping this means I will be getting it done first and get it over quick.

Jellybelly you said there was a TV in the room didn't you?  Anything else you can let me know will be good thanks

• Like 2