Katjack14

March 2014

So sorry to hear this. What a bugger. Hope everything goes okay. So disappointing for you.

• Like 1

Sure is  :) its a little one above your bed and the remote control has a speaker in it, so I just put it half under my head to listen. 

I'd take a cardigan and a chapstick, as well as some slippers for wandering around. The nurses wouldn't let me get out of the gown until the next day so I didn't really bother with any pajamas (just underwear) and just took loose stretchy clothing for the ride home. Had my hubby bring a flat pillow to hold against my tummy for the drive home as it was pretty sore

• Like 1

Foodaholic I wouldn't be too set on being first. I had to be at hospital this morning before 7am and didn't actually go into theatre until 10:30.

On that note, I'm home from having my port replaced (it had flipped) a little sore, a little swollen and tired, but I imagine I'll be ok tomorrow.

• Like 3

Hi guys

Sorry life been really busy but all is good. Band wise I have been stick at 144kg for a few weeks. Diabetes wide I got the lowest hb1ac blood test result today from 8.1 pre band to 7.2 today.

I had to move house so been busy moving. I have moved 5 minutes from my sister house which is great for food wise. We now understand band meals and I dish up. Work been so busy and the forum been there, I have been reading once a week or so but no time to post 😞. How is everyone else going

• Like 3

Foodaholic I wouldn't be too set on being first. I had to be at hospital this morning before 7am and didn't actually go into theatre until 10:30.

On that note, I'm home from having my port replaced (it had flipped) a little sore, a little swollen and tired, but I imagine I'll be ok tomorrow.

Welcome home Rlar, nice to have you back. Get well wishes sent your way! x

Jelly do you mean one of those awful white gowns that open down the back? I can never get comfortable in them in a bed.

Katjack, great to see you and good about your diabetes being lower.  I am finally getting banded tomorrow.

Riar I hope you have a good recovery from your second operation. How unlucky have you been.

Hopefully I will be first on the list getting there at 6am. I think I will probably want to sleep tomorrow as will be getting up early in the morning :blink:

Glad you're home, Riar! Speedy recovery xxx -_-

Firstly hello Katjack well done on your reduced hba1c.

Foodaholic I hope that you get plenty of rest because it is probably one of "those" gowns (open in the back). Also I haven't had nearly as much trouble as some others have had, I didn't get any abnormal pain, nor other complications and my port being so mobile was only uncomfortable (it felt weird).

Everyone else I'm feeling much better today, I was a little sore yesterday (due to swelling). The surgeon put me on some antibiotics to take twice a day following food so I just had some yoghurt so I could take them (I wasn't really hungry but you should take them at around the same time each day).

• Like 2

Hi everyone

Riar good to hear your surgery over with and now recovering.

I have been banded and at home now. I am feeling far better than I had expected so good at this stage. I did hurt myself bending since I have been home and hurt my port site but okay. It is the only part that is tender so just have to be more careful.

I hope everyone is doing well :D

• Like 3

Glad you are feeling much better Rlar  :) 

Welcome home Foodaholic, enjoy your rest and healing time!  :) 

• Like 3

Feeling really good today, the swelling is pretty much gone now just a little tender in the port area when pressure is applied to that area. A bonus for today is that I weighed in (at the end of the July challenge) and I'm down 300g for the month 93.4kg. Not bad considering I knew I needed fill and couldn't have it until this week.

• Like 5

Just went to have my fill removed, turns I have three tumours in my pelvic region.

10cm 7cm and 6 cm, size of a four month baby as the doctor said. Having surgery on Monday.

Good grief! Hope all goes well, Bella. All the very best.  :(

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that Bella! Hope you have a successful surgery and a very speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you on monday, let us know how you go! 

Glad to hear you're port revision went well Rlar! Well done on the weight loss despite everything thats happened.

• Like 4

Good grief Bella. Thinking of you and hoping everything goes well Monday.

• Like 2

How'd it go today Bella?

• Like 2