Katjack14

March 2014

Hi All

Just a quick update, they removed three masses from from uterus, total of 15 pounds, but they'd rain it inside your body so you don't loose any weight(lol)

Good news, my tubes and ovaries and perfect, so I can produce eggs,

Bad news I have a 13cm + fibroid that has to come out n the next operation, might loose my womb. :(

Still in a lot of pain, I have no fill so no resistance on food or anything else.

I'm on so much pain killers it feelings like I'm having smarties all all the time.

But surgeon said it was good I lost the weight or else they would never have found the extend of the problem.

Thank you all for all you well wishes.

• Like 3

Bella I'm glad there is a lot of good news from the op & fingers crossed with the not so bad. So glad that it was found now due to your weight loss, take care with recovery xox

It never rains but it pours. Glad you are out and recovering. Sounds like a good job they found all this - I don't think I would worry about the weight at the moment - just concentrate on getting well again. Sucks that you still have  another op to "look forward to". Hope the pain gets under control......it can get soooo wearing :(   (Mind you.... smarties...... ummmmmm :)  ) Keep getting well, Bella. xxx

• Like 3

:(   Oh, no....sucks. hope it clears up quickly xxxx

I hope that your recovery gets back on track

I haven't read all this in ages! Best wishes Bella and hope your recovery is speedy.

I've lost 14kgs now :) I'm 70kgs and with my height that's a BMI of 30 from 36.5 :) I've dropped 2 dress sizes and honestly feel great with lots of energy.

I'm a little lost though because I have terrible acne now! I'm seeing a dermatologist shortly.

Also no one else has really noticed my weight loss! It's like no one cares at all :( I wear really nice clothes and tight jeans but unless I point it out no one notices?!

It's all a bit strange to me because when I put on weight everyone was like your fat etc.

I'll keep preservering but I was wondering did anyone else get the same reaction?

• Like 1

I have a theory with this....as does my psychologist. If you are easily offended. Stop reading now.

Psychologist advised me that different people will cope with my weight loss differently. Either by hugs and affection, positivity and power of congrats and alot of well dones, some with awkward "cool!" and of course the ppl who say nothing at all. For whatever reason one may have, expressing another's success is not always easy for some ppl. So therefore, they say nothing at all.

14kgs is a wonderful weight loss so congratulations on your success thus far. Just because "others" have not stated it, it definitely does NOT mean it is not noticeable, I hope you realise this. If you personally are genuinely concerned in seeing a physical difference, my psychologist suggested to me (as did my dietician), take measurements and take fortnightly or monthly photographs of your progress.

Now my theory... people are people. The good, the bad and the assholes. There will always be those, that despite no matter what you lose, they will never ever acknowledge how fabulous you look. I have a few of them within my circle. I could suddenly appear on their doorstep wearing Milan runway size 2 clothes, legs to heaven and a figure to die for and get a "hey Ang what's up" because some ppl just can not be happy for another's achievements due to their own insecurities and sour grapes. As a society the world tends to notice failures more so than successes. It's easier to shoot down than to praise. 

My fix for this? Surround yourself with those who remind you how beautiful you are and how fabulous you are. If you need to physically see your weight loss with something more tangible, do the photos and measurements...and ultimately remember this is for you. It is nice to receive compliments and acknowledgments I agree, but at the end of the day, you are the only one that matters about how you look.

• Like 5

I haven't read all this in ages! Best wishes Bella and hope your recovery is speedy.

I've lost 14kgs now :) I'm 70kgs and with my height that's a BMI of 30 from 36.5 :) I've dropped 2 dress sizes and honestly feel great with lots of energy.

I'm a little lost though because I have terrible acne now! I'm seeing a dermatologist shortly.

Also no one else has really noticed my weight loss! It's like no one cares at all :( I wear really nice clothes and tight jeans but unless I point it out no one notices?!

It's all a bit strange to me because when I put on weight everyone was like your fat etc.

I'll keep preservering but I was wondering did anyone else get the same reaction?

Dear newbie-band

Don't care about what others say, I went from size 26 to size 14 and still non of my inlaws has mention my weight loss, feel happy with yourself care believe you me you will catch them checking you out when they think you not noticing

How is everyone going Marchies? 

It's very quite in here  :ph34r:

I'm struggling lately. When I make good choices I get really disappointed that I'm not seeing results, so I start making bad choices (like not eating dinner and having dessert instead). I know logically this is a stupid idea and its not going to help with the weightloss, but that old mindset has just crept back in. 

On the other hand is this where my body is happy at? I'm thinking of doing another 2 weeks of serious Optifast to try and shift at least another 5kg 

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

It's been a while... I've been busy with work and like Jelly have been struggling with my (lack of) progress lately. Went and got another fill last week and found out that when my surgeon replaced the port he hadn't actually put anymore fill in, only replaced what was there, he had said he was going to put more in.

Having said that I do look back to where I've come from and realise that although it is slow it's still happening.

One thing the surgeon asked me the other day is where I'm aiming for. I replied that when I first visited he had a goal and that I've checked out my BMI, but I'm still not sure and I'll wait and see how it goes. Not because I don't have a goal but because I know that for my build I may well be higher than what is considered healthy by the BMI scale.

• Like 1

Hi all,

It's been a while since I checked in here.

Rlar like you my weight loss has certainly slowed. I'm down from 122kg to 101kg. Can't wait to hit the double digits! I'm at about 5.5ml in my 10ml band.

Any time I get sad about my slowing weight loss I look at pics I took of my body pre surgery and realize just how far I've come!

Hope all the Marchies are doing well

Hi guys! 

Like everyone else, I have been busy at work and hit the 6 month blues (as it seems everyone also has!)

Again, like y'all - my weight loss seems to have slowed to a crawl- but not surprised, as i still cant eat more than 3 mouthfuls of anything without getting stuck, (until around 10 pm... I can eat more then if i am really careful!) but, of course, cheese singles, cup a soup or chips or chocolate  will go down - when i would REALLY rather eat a small steak and salad!!! Yumm ....

So, i am a little fed up still at pres! My surgeon feels I am probably a little too tight... but won't take any out until after a gastroscopy to check things out and make sure that there is no Halicobactor Pylori bug or anything there making the rest of the stomach swell whilst the band is restricting it... hence pb ing...

When I asked why he would even suspect that, he said why not? he has had it a couple of times and it settles with antibiotics....! (The suspicious part of me wonders if it has anything to do with private health insurance.......!??!!)  Had to delay the first one as work was crazy... so it's now planned for this Friday......

Really looking forward to the prospect of eating healthy food again. Like Jelly, (but for different reasons!) I nearly just put myself back on Optifast, as if i can't eat - why keep trying?? I do keep trying- then it hurts everytime cause it gets stuck..... grrrrr.........

Anyway - I am looking forward to a fix up!!

Riar - glad your port fixer upper went well  - and look at you!! Half way there on your counter - well done, keep plodding!!   :mellow:

Jelly Belly -  the mind is an insidious thing! That's partly how we all got here in the first place!! If going back onto the Optifast helps you get your Mojo back - I would do it (even though that's prob  not the recommended use!) as long as when you come off it, you don't worry when a little weight goes back on. I mean, we all know that a small, balanced healthy diet and exercise is the key (but if we could all force our bodies and minds into that  in the first place we would all be" perfect! and if our bodies reacted in the way we want them to, they would be perfect!!") Good luck! Find that Mojo!

May Lace- love your mindset! that's probably the way to go! We have all lost between 10 and 37 kgs or so - not insignificant - just the initial flush has worn off now and now i think we want to "be there!!" (like the wonderful TishTish)- well i know I do...  :lol:

Haven't been here for a while - but now reading your updates - I realise I have missed seeing how you Guys are faring and seeing that this journey isn't only mine - so thanks once again! Life gets a bit hectic and carries you away! :angry:  :rolleyes:

Go well, March buddies. Glad you are all there and relatively healthy in body and mind!  :wub:

• Like 2

Just dropping in. I am Struggling with motivation at the moment and old habits of biscuits and chocolate is reappearing unfortunately. I really need to get a handle on it. Any tips?

Hey guys

So it's been a struggle and some days I'm tight I can't eat much and other days I can eat a 4 course fancy lunch!

Overall I'm down- I was last to be banded on the 28th and was 84kgs. I'm now at 67kgs and I'm quite happy though the weight loss has stalled now for a few weeks!

I count calories etc but still no change in scale - though my sizes in clothes have changed a lot! I'm doing siZe 10-12 now from a 16-18

The guy at the gym said lean muscle weighs more than fat so his take was measurements show the weight loss for a few months whilst the body adjusts?! Then you will see more weight loss - I possibly may have rolled my eyes at him!

My biggest secret and I tell everyone this is exercise and 4x weekly gym workouts.

But what has helped is a good activity tracker like a fitbit or jawbone. I have a jawbone and live and wear by it. I do a min of 12000 steps a day which is 8kms. Incidental exercise has made all the difference for me!

• Like 2

Hi guys its been awhile... hope everyones journey is going well....

Im stressing... I have been able to eat alot more these days and dont feel full or restricted im also able to eat most foods which I wasnt able to do before just wondering if this would indicate having a pouch or what ppl refer to as a slip.. I have no reflux and am able to eat most things unlike before. Im keenly waiting for monday morning to make an appointment with my doctor... just wondering if I can request for a barium swallow test to be done.... I was banded by prof paul obrien and I visit the glen iris office does anyone know if they perform the tests there or if they send u somewhere else.... im so worried ive done something to my band....

Hi determined

Checking with your GP or Surgeon is always the best option if you feel you have done something serious to your band. I too have thought this about myself on more than one occasion and wondered if I'd done the band some damage. When I've spoken to the girls at my Surgeons office (they are bandits too) they have informed me of issues that can affect the bands "resistance"... stress, anxiety, "settle time" post fill (for me it's fine after a fill then a week later it's tight as hell if it's too full), consumption of the "wrong" foods is the biggest. Slider foods can be eaten all day! And never make us feel content. My Dietician adjusted me on that, as I was consuming too much soup. Dammit lol.

I hope you don't have something wrong with your band. When I did have something wrong with mine in the early days it was due to overexertion with exercise and I'd ripped it away from the muscle and I bled internally. Nothing a syringe couldn't fix removing 200mls of blood and a week of rest to get me back on my feet again.

Hope you're ok x

I feel just like this about the time I'm due for my next adjustment. The surgeons are pretty skilled at spacing your appointments in the early days, as they are so familiar with how long it will take for the neuro-feedback loop to fatigue, and hence you'll require a top up fill.

Unless you're able to eat a horse, I'd agree that a 'slip' or 'pouch' is unlikely (though I'm not a bariatric surgeon!).  I think if you're simply feeling more hungry, and things are passing through faster, and you're able to eat faster and eat bigger bites.... then it sounds like it's just time for some more fill.  Don't panic, everything is manageable!

• Like 2

Hey Guys

Its quiet around here!

I've been moving along I'm down to 62.5kgs which gives me a BMI of 26.5 and I've lost 21.5kgs since 28 March 14. Again I'm at that empty stage where I feel its not enough or I look in the mirror and feel fat still.

My goal was 58kgs which isn't too far off but I think I need to lose way more and I'm still so fat around my waist and arms etc.

I work out 5 times a week at the gym and do weights and cardio. I can wear a size 10-12.

But i dunno its just not quite there yet...if that makes sense...like for all the effort and the less calories I eat and the exercise I do I should be losing a lot more weight and be so much more fitter.

When people tell me they wear this size etc i find it hard to believe because after all the effort I make I can barely fit into a size 10 or 12 at times and they are larger than me....

Ok rant over.....

• Like 1

Hey Newbie, it is quiet in here. 

Congratulations on your success so far. Even though you don't feel quite there yet you're still further than you were 6 months ago - celebrate that at least! It sounds like you've made some really good lifestyle changes by doing regular exercise. Are you still losing at all or has it completely stalled? 

• Like 1

My weight has completely stalled. I hit the gym about three times a week but I probably need to step it up. My eating habits are starting to get out of control again too.

• Like 1