Absolutely, in an instant! Having control and actually feeling full was worth it, the increased health and weight loss is a bonus.

• Like 2

Not sure. Personally I feel like I've done 95% of the work, so I'm neither for or against lapband. However, I do believe it at least stopped me from getting any bigger than what I was. I would say everyone will have a completely different answer and those answers depend on 1) whether the person had any complications or side effects from the band (eg severe reflux) and 2) how you currently eat that is the main contributor to your obesity (eg binging on chocolate, ice-creams, sweets and chips/twistees types of foods are sliders or snacking/grazing all day - a lapband does nothing to prevent you from continuing to eat these foods but if you eat very large quantities of foods like meat, vegetables, pizza, bread then these foods are difficult to consume in large quantities with a lapband.) 

• Like 7

thanks, love reading the positive feedback....so looking forward to mine....time for some serious lifestyle changes after my holiday....bring it on....and good luck to all the bandits out there

• Like 3

No. I would have either investigated the other options (sleeve or bypass) based on an undiagnosed medical issue, or continued to slog it out myself. I feel like I paid $13,000 as self funded and I've had to do all the work.

• Like 1

Yes, but I totally support what missy_belle has said. My sleeve is a reminder and a short stop for me, I have to do the hard yards in my head.

• Like 4

100%. It's helped me to change my life in so so many ways.

• Like 3

Absolutely - no regrets for me, just found it hard getting my head around it all

• Like 3

Yep, the sleeve did come a close second though.

• Like 1

Yes I would but wish I had done it a lot earlier. You still have to be prepared to be strong and realise it is still up to you and what you put in your mouth........good luck

• Like 3