FreshStart2

2 incredibly simple and tasty recipes

Hello,

Just thought I would share these two easy recipes. I was sceptical at first when I saw these but they do actually work and I will be using them a lot from now on. :) Enjoy.

First one is Flourless Pancakes

- 1 ripe banana

- 2 eggs

Mash and mix them together and fry in a pan until golden and cooked through. They dont take long, flip when required.

My Notes: They make delicate crepe-like pancakes. They do have an "eggy" taste and texture, they are not like "real" pancakes, but its all about the toppings, and it's still a great alternative if you are gluten intolerant and still wanting to have pancakes with the family! Or if you are like me and need to get rid of those blackening bananas. You could add a little stevia or vanilla to the mix as well, or some of my friends add some protein powder or coconut flour to give them a little substance. But I like them just as they are.

Serving Suggestion: I had mine this morning rolled up like crepes, served with  strawberries, a dollop of greek yoghurt and a drizzle of sugar-free maply syrup. they were lovely :)

Second one is Pizza Dough

- 1 cup of Self-Raising Flour

- 1 cup of Greek Yoghurt

Simply mix together, and knead dough for 5-8 mins. Sprinkle bench and hands with more flour as required to prevent sticking. No prooving required, just roll it out into a circle and top with your sauce and toppings. Bake in oven at about 190 degrees celcius until edges are crispy.

My Notes: This sounds like it couldnt work but it makes a beautiful pizza base! crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. It's almost a scone-like base, it would go beautifully cooked on its own with jam and cream lol. As it is, it's quite a plain base, I added some herbs and a little salt for flavour.

post-5219-0-98382500-1392376715_thumb.jp

post-5219-0-06977700-1392376726.txt

• Like 8

Thanks Leanne,

I just made the pizza base and it was great. I am always on the lookout for no-fuss recipes to do when I am cruising on the boat - no electric appliances, not much room and limited fresh produce. This will be great because I make my own yoghurt.

Thanks

Sailorgirl

• Like 1

Yum!

Do you think you could substitute sour cream for the yogurt in the pizza dough? (I have some I need to use and could do this tonight). Might give it a go and let you know.

Yum!

Do you think you could substitute sour cream for the yogurt in the pizza dough? (I have some I need to use and could do this tonight). Might give it a go and let you know.

Im not sure because im assuming the live cultures in the yoghurt replace yeast? But yeh let me know if it works :)

Hi Leanne,

Just reading your weight loss journey and want to congratulate you on your achievements but also for sharing the details.

Its really inspirational.

Cheers

Band

I'm so going to try the pancakes, I've been wanting some pancakes for a while but held off, now I'll make the banana ones and I'll make a berry compote type thing (using frozen berries) to have with it.

Kazawaki did the sour cream work for the pizza base?