bandedbrittany

Any Tasmanians out there!?

Thanks Jules - I am feeling 70% better today. Dr Wilikinson done my band in Hobart :) What about you? How are you going? I am struggling a bit on the liquids. Just seem to be hungry all the time.

• Like 1

Good to hear you are starting to feel better Manda.

Dr Wilkinson did mine too. I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow. He wants me to do 1 more week of liquids, then on to mushies. I find if I keep busy at work and home I have to remind myself to have something. I am healing ok. Still some discomfort near wounds but other than that I am feeling good.

We will have to arrange a coffee group for support, talk about our ups and downs and help each other out.

Keep going you are doing great. Let us know how you go after your appointment. :)

Does he weight at the first appointment? I am excited but nervous to see if I have lost anything. Did you go on optifast? I have read so many people have went on it however I didn't as I had my consultation on a Thursday and my operation the following Tuesda so it was quite a quick time frame. I think that's the key - to keep busy. Yeah that would be great, I'd love a catch up :)

Yes he will weigh you. He will tell you what your goal weight will be also. I did optifast for 2 weeks before surgery and I am still having the odd 1 every other day on the liquid diet. Good luck, when's your a

Oh great, I am kind of looking forward to it. My appointment, do you mean? It's this Wednesday, I will be 1 week post op.  :)

Lol.....yes that's what I mean. Good luck on Wednesday. Let us know how you go :)

Liquid diet and mush are harsh, i had to do 4 weeks liquid and 2 weeks mush, but just keep yourself thinking about how it is time limited, and after that time you will be back on solids able to chew again :D

• Like 2

I am on my third week of liquids Raven. Then I have two weeks of mushies (so looking forward to that) then soft foods (can't wait!). I don't feel hungry as yet but I am so sick of soup....haha! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to all new experiences :)

• Like 1

Ive finally booked in for surgery for the 15th June! Excited and nervous!

• Like 3

3.2kg weight los for the week. Is that good or average? I can start mushy food at the end of next week. I go in for my first fill on the 30th of April.

• Like 1

3.2kg.........That is great. Well done :)

We start Mushie food at the same time. I can't wait.

3.2kg sounds pretty damn good!

What have you been living on and do you feel any restrictions at the moment?

• Like 1

Dr W said any food puréed. like what the family is having for dinner, Mashed veg, yogurt and purée fruit, baked beans, porridge. There is a whole section on this site in recipes for mushies

• Like 1

Congratulations Lyse.....so exciting once you have that date. Who is doing your op?

Tony :)

I have a friend of a friend who is getting it done a week before me so Im excited to have a band buddy too! I just hope my 2 yr old takes it easy on me when I get home after surgery.

You stay overnight at hospital too?

• Like 1

Yes stayed overnight. I think you need to stay after to get the stronger drugs and rest away from the kids....lol! I had my surgery at 11am and was home the next day by 11am. I was quite groggy after op. So was happy to have that time to recover. I felt fine when I went home :)

I have been living on soup D: but I am so over it. I have on odd occasions chewed some bread and spat it out (gross, I know) because I just craved chewing on something. I stayed in over night. I had my surgery at 5:00pm and was out at 12:30am the next day. I wish I could have stayed a little longer because I have 3 kids under 3 and as soon as I came home I was so extremely sore but my partner took that as I was well enough to do everything I was doing before the surgery.

• Like 1

I think I am first on the list in the morning, even though ill miss my little snugglebum, itll be nice to have a restful night (hopefully I will get my own room?) Not sure how all that works...

• Like 1

I requested my own room but had a shared room however luckily for me no one was in the other bed. :D

• Like 1

Nice! Im so worried Ill have the nightmare neighbour like I did when I had my baby.. bad flashbacks lol....

• Like 1

I'm going good :D had someone today tell me it looks like im loosing weight, and they didnt know about the surgery so that was nice :)

• Like 1

I'm going good too......have had people commenting that I look really good lately. Starting to see the weight loss in my clothing 10kg in 3 weeks. Very happy :)

How are you going?

• Like 1

Thats great!! Im still waiting for surgery, less than 8 weeks to go! Im taking 3 weeks off work, im looking forward to it

• Like 2