Anyone with experiences with the surgeons at Centre for Bariatric Surgeons OTHER than Paul O'Brien? Gary Crosthwaite, Wendy Brown, Stewart Skinner, Andrew Smith, Paul Burton???

How did it work - did you meet with Prof O'Brien first or the surgeon who ended up doing the work?

Can you recommend one over the other?

http://www.lapbandaustralia.com.au/surgeons.html

Hi there!

I went with The Prof, however I could have made an appointment to see any of the other surgeons in the practice.

Good luck :)

Hi apostrophe,

Is there a reason you dont want to go with the Prof? as im planning on being banded by the Prof end of the year and wondered if it was because of a wait time (if i should book early)?

Thanks for that info Missy_belle and Kath. 

No, Melbourne-needing-help, that's not why I was asking. No reason NOT to go with the Prof, I just wanted to be armed with as much info as possible before I make my appointment and find out availability times. Over the phone, the receptionist said the surgery could be booked with as little as two weeks' notice. Not sure who with though.

Went with Mr Andrew Smith because..........

He works on Friday.

He and the rest of the support staff at CBS Glen Iris and CBS Northern are great.

• Like 3

Hi there.

I had Prof O'Brien.  Let me tell you it is definitely worth the wait for him to operate.

He is very caring to the point where I had a problem (ended up not being band related) and he was so kind as to ring me on a Sunday night to see how I was, told me to come to see him at The Avenue and he would attend to me the next morning, knowing I was a self-funded patient.

The care and concern I received was second to none.

Good luck :)

• Like 2

I had Wendy Brown. She is very quiet but nice.

• Like 1

I went with Paul Burton and he was great! My scars are so tiny and the biggest one is a perfect, straight line and barely visible 9 months post op

• Like 1

I went with Stewart Skinner due to the fact that he also has clinics closer to home. Follow up appointments are very important. He did a great job, scars a minuscule really.