JenJen

April 2014

Goodness, haven't experienced anything like that yet. They take some juggling and getting used to, these bands... I have no restriction at all. Trying so hard to be careful unt il the next fill in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Ks how many fills have you had? I didnt feel anything on my first fill, but this second one I can feel for sure.

Yikes Sav, that doesn't sound pleasant. And of course it had to be out with the family, and not at home lol.

I had good restriction after my 2nd fill too. Shame that is now a distant memory and I feel I can eat whatever and whenever again. 4ml isn't much after a couple of weeks but it sure was great to start with. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

Just the one Sav so I'm hoping the second one might make it a bit better. I've gone back to counting calories just to make sure my choices are healthy. It will come, I'm trying to be patient. Second fill is a few weeks away :)

• Like 2

Hang in there Ks, but I definitely can feel the difference with the 2nd fill.

• Like 1

OMG, I had my first fill on Monday. My surgeon was surprised at how much weight I had lost, so he was apprehensive to give me much for my first fill... al though I told him I am hungry and can put away large amounts of food.

I ended up with a little over 1ml  :( . It has given me some slight restriction and decreased my hunger a little bit but I was hoping for more!  Time to increase my exercise me thinks.

• Like 1

OMG, I had my first fill on Monday. My surgeon was surprised at how much weight I had lost, so he was apprehensive to give me much for my first fill... al though I told him I am hungry and can put away large amounts of food.

I ended up with a little over 1ml  :( . It has given me some slight restriction and decreased my hunger a little bit but I was hoping for more!  Time to increase my exercise me thinks.

Hmm 1 ml does seem low. Sounds like he is happy with what you are doing then eh? Congrats

Yep, I'd step up the exercise too, that is what I have done this week as my scales seem to have stopped in their tracks.

• Like 1

Hmm 1 ml does seem low. Sounds like he is happy with what you are doing then eh? Congrats

Yep, I'd step up the exercise too, that is what I have done this week as my scales seem to have stopped in their tracks.

There is some restriction though. Half an hour after the fill I ate a piece of skinless tandoori chicken (1 boneless thigh) and was completely full for 4 hours! I have a snowboard trip to NZ coming up in 10 weeks so am really going to be pushing the exercise to prep!!!

What kind of exercise are doing AngelButterfly? I am only bike riding at the moment but am thinking of using the free outdoor council placed gym machines at my local park.

There is some restriction though. Half an hour after the fill I ate a piece of skinless tandoori chicken (1 boneless thigh) and was completely full for 4 hours! I have a snowboard trip to NZ coming up in 10 weeks so am really going to be pushing the exercise to prep!!!

What kind of exercise are doing AngelButterfly? I am only bike riding at the moment but am thinking of using the free outdoor council placed gym machines at my local park.

NZ? awesome, I am going in October, North Island.

I am walking (jogged the last two nights in parts) for 30 minutes now at out of breathe pace. In the morning, the recumbent bike for 25 mins now with the iPod on and now swimming too that the Surgeon cleared me. I still lift the 1kg weights each day just for some upper arm toning. 

How about you? free outdoor gym machines? where abouts? We are both in Perth! I'm Shire of Swan

I'm in Mandurah and they have a park area with basic machines near Dolphin Quay which is a five minute walk for me. Swimming and weights... Wow that sounds like commitment. I start basic martial arts training again with a friend on Friday morning too, so that should help nudge the scales. We are going to the North Island too.  Ohakune, Napier. Rotorua in that order. I just want to make sure I am fit enough for walking trails and snow board lessons. Without the lapband I wouldn't be able to even consider those options!

• Like 2

I'm in Mandurah and they have a park area with basic machines near Dolphin Quay which is a five minute walk for me. Swimming and weights... Wow that sounds like commitment. I start basic martial arts training again with a friend on Friday morning too, so that should help nudge the scales. We are going to the North Island too.  Ohakune, Napier. Rotorua in that order. I just want to make sure I am fit enough for walking trails and snow board lessons. Without the lapband I wouldn't be able to even consider those options!

Mandurah hmm that's a bit of a step for me to exercise lol! But I go to Halls Head to stay at a friends place sometimes for the weekend. Martial Arts whoa, I thought of something similar as the gym up the hill is offering KickBoxing classes. But maybe Yoga is a better option to start with.

Yep I am going to Rotorua for 3 days, but also over to Taranaki (up Mt Egmont) and hoping to go jet boating and Zorb balling. But I'd like to fit in the ball without the squeeeeze factor lol also seeing Tauranga over in the Bay of Plenty and a few other stops. I'm the same though, no lapband = no trip where I could of done something fun and exciting that's for sure.

• Like 1

Hi April Gals. You are all going so well. Congrats! Q for you. I love my water. Any tips for post band with drinking lots without upset?

Hi April Gals. You are all going so well. Congrats! Q for you. I love my water. Any tips for post band with drinking lots without upset?

Hey Bridgey,

I get some discomfort when I gulp huge amounts of water, but if you just take smaller mouthfuls it should be ok.

My surgeon said you should ALWAYS be able to get water down, but you do have to mind the 'gulps'. Try taking half a mouthful of what you would normally do.

I've started drinking the sparkling water with lemon: it's tasty and refreshing, but with minimal caloric value. If I like it, I'm more likely to drink it! Also I drink lots of fruit teas: currently loving pomegranate and raspberry- just get them from the tea section of the supermarket.

Is that what you were after?

...and guys? I love water too but couldn't get much down for the first week.  Lots of sips often from a 1.5 litre bottle (for measurement) was the key to my hydration..

With the cooler weather I am struggling with water and some days just manage about 500ml ðŸ˜

• Like 1

I had to have my last of my 1ml of fill taken out as my band was too tight, feel so much better now and still have restriction. Does anyone else have no fill ?

Hi April bandits!

Quick question! How long after your op did you start doing exercise at the gym like weights or boxing - stuff like that and not just walking?

Would appreciate your feedback!

YoungNewbie I was told that I should not do any strenuous exercise for 4-6 weeks post op as the insides would still be healing. I am sure your surgeon would be the best person to say yay or nay on a higher intensity work out.

• Like 1

YoungNewbie- mine told me 2 weeks nothing more than a walk. After that I could do gentle cardio (Bike, treadmill, crossfit) but to keep it light paced. After 4 weeks I could do gym work, and now (6 weeks) anything (as long as it doesn't hurt. Not burn, hurt).

As it was, I developed a wound breakdown and ended up having to do 4 weeks of very gentle excercise (nothing that put stretch on my belly), although I did get back on my pushbike to go to work after 2 weeks (HATED driving! I was late and all road rage-ey!).

Your surgeon is the best person to ask. The major thing I reckon is to not overdo it: after all you have your whole life left to get back to the gym.

• Like 1

I am sbout 9 weeks & only just stsrted weights. I still feel that something is a little different in my port / band area & just dont feel right doing ab work. My surgeon told me from day 2 I could do any excercise but the excercise person the clin refered me to said 4 ' 6 weeks for anything other than walking.

• Like 2

Hey April bandits why so quiet? Hope you are all doing well.

I am bouncing between 88 and 89 but just glad I have not seen the 90's again. I have gone from buying 20-22 size shirts to buying an 18 which is sitting pretty loose!

I have taken to eating chocolates!! This is not helping the pimple problem lol

I have a personal question and this may be TMI for some... Its that time of the month and though I usually feel bloated and uncomfortable, I have a weird feeling when I stand up, it feels like my insides are going to fall out (for lack of a better description). I feel like I have to hold my lower stomach/abdomen and its really weird. Anyone had this?

• Like 1

Hey April bandits why so quiet? Hope you are all doing well.

I am bouncing between 88 and 89 but just glad I have not seen the 90's again. I have gone from buying 20-22 size shirts to buying an 18 which is sitting pretty loose!

I have taken to eating chocolates!! This is not helping the pimple problem lol

I have a personal question and this may be TMI for some... Its that time of the month and though I usually feel bloated and uncomfortable, I have a weird feeling when I stand up, it feels like my insides are going to fall out (for lack of a better description). I feel like I have to hold my lower stomach/abdomen and its really weird. Anyone had this?

You might need to see your GP, my mum was experiencing the same thing and it ended up being a prolapsed uterus. Hopefully that isn't the case for you. Better to be safe than sorry though.