MayLace

Alcohol post banding

Bubbles? Fizzy? :wacko:

Hmm ok, I just have to ask! I'm all for a bit of flexibility with the meal plans and life as a bandit, but I have read over and over NO bubbles and NO fizzy drinks. Speaking as a former lemon lime and bitters addict lol and sugar free Kirks club lemon (mmmm) drinker, I have found it difficult to go without, however I have done it. Even not having Spring water at cafes has been a challenge.

I have seen a few bandits talk about Coke or Diet Coke for stuck moments to propel out the problem so PBing occurs, but it seems so many new bandits are still drinking bubbles.

My warnings came from fellow bandits, nurses, surgeon and my dietician. Stories of flipping ports, never ending gas, cramping and awful reflex were just some of the ailments blamed on drinking fizzies post surgery.

Is there something I am missing or did the "rules" change?

I have had a small amount of fill - 2 fills and now at 3.5ml and I have no restriction and nothing is off limits for now anyway. But my progress is very slow and around 250grams per week which suits me - I can drink the occasional soft drink, mineral water or champagne with no negatives.

Anyone able to respond to my query about band tightness after drinking alcohol ?

Thanks

Can't really see any logical reasons why it should...... (but then, I also can't see any logical reason why I should be able to eat something one day and eat the same thing the next day and it gets stuck!!) Hope you are managing to enjoy your holiday!!   :D

Alcohol doesn't make my band tighter, however if I've had a few drinks then I eat faster as I don't notice the normal band signals and the eating faster can cause a PB. I remember as a new bandster asking a taxi driver to pull over so I could PB once and then trying to explain that I wasn't vomiting because I was too drunk. Even now as an old timer if I'm eating with others after a few drinks I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and not race my eating to the same pace as everyone else.

Thanks Missy,

What I've discovered is that if I have a few drinks... It's the next day that the band feels tighter. Then for that day I am overly restricted.

The feeling subsides the day after that, and I'm back to normal again.

Has happened about 3 or 4 times now, if I've had say 3 glasses of wine... The next day... Gasp !!!!

No issues on the same night as I'm having alcohol per se, just the next day I can barely eat.