Kazawaki

My New Strategy

I can't be trusted not to buy snacks and treats for brekky and after work if I have money on me, and that's all there is about it. Seriously, I'm a shocker and can't help myself.

I don't know if this might help anyone else, but I have stopped carrying money to work. With the exception of my $3/day for my morning small skinny latte, I leave my purse at home.

I've begun this new strategy last week, and so far so good. See, even if I was to carry only a card with no cash, you can still buy anything you like, for as little value as you like from supermarkets with your card, so that's out too.

If I was to need money for anything real, I guess its too bad, or at worst, I could borrow from a workmate, but would be too embarrassed to ask for money for snacks. I have my Myki train pass with me loaded up with funds in my bag and a mobile phone if I need to call someone for help.

At work I have porridge for brekkys in my drawer, and also have shakes, tuna, cup a soups and frozen home made soups in the freezer, so I'm not without healthy options to eat at work, so there should be no reason why I'd need money and I'm going with that.

Its already saved me from an "on the way to the train station binge" on Thursday after work. Could have killed for a snack, but TOO BAD! We'll see how this plan progresses over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 13

That sounds like a great idea, I'll do that sometimes with lunch. I'll have a shake at work but I'll end up buying a sandwich instead, just feels like a waste. If I only take enough money to buy a cuppa, that's all I'll buy :-)

I found the same thing worked for me!!

Now where I work isn't near shops and there's no vending machine or anything. Makes life easier without the temptation!

I find this really interesting as i never thought about that before. I seem to be able to not buy things, so I'm feeling lucky in that regard. It's interesting because everyone is different, from normal people who can have junk in their house and they dont have to eat it all, to people who just dont buy any so they cant eat it, to those that have to not have money on them to prevent them buying it. Everything is a spectrum and you just have to find what works best for you.

It's the freebies that are my remaining problem. How not to eat free chocolate biscuits on Fridays in the office. How not to eat 6 serves of cake all day once a month on the birthday celebration in the office. I'm sneaky so if it's out for a long period of time i just keep going back and eating a piece at a time so if anyone sees me they nornally only see me eating 1 slice not the other 5 I'll also eat.

Missy covered me to a tee! Freebies / ppl sharing bickies, cakes etc are my issue too (In saying that the fruit freebies get inhaled just as quick as the sweets freebies)

Easter has absolutely bought back my sweet tooth with a vengeance and hoping to curb it by the time i return to work after my hols and be a lot tougher with the freebies!!

I have them, I eat them. Snacks and grazing are still a problem area for me and I suppose always will be.

Fortunately for me, I work in a 'food outlet wasteland' - lots of office building but very few cafes and the like and all of them quite expensive.