FreshStart2

May Challenge (2014)

I did a whole bunch of weeding yesterday - about an hour and a half and instead of sitting down I squatted. My thighs and ass are SO sore today but I'm down to my first 15kg goal and am at 92.8kg

Doesn't just being able to weed bending over feel great, back when I was fatter I could only kneel and weed but now I can bend over all day and weed away.

• Like 3

Thanks Ada, I will start taking photos :-) despite the sore thighs a happy dance was done. I've always been able to bend over, but squatting and shuffling along was exhausting before losing some weight so it is exciting

I just completed 2 hrs of mowing.....does it count if it was on a ride on ????

• Like 2

I just completed 2 hrs of mowing.....does it count if it was on a ride on ????

Haha ummmm i dont think so... :P

• Like 2

I have struggled a bit with exercise the last few days, but haven't done too badly with my other goals. 

One thing I've done to really help with the water intake is buy these glass bottles from woolies and fill them with fruit to infuse the water. They stay reasonably cool all day and almost get me to 1L.  

• Like 5

Yumm...looks delicious.

I struggle to drink any water...unless it's in my cappuccino.

I will give your idea a try, thanks

I was doing so well until last night. Made myself steamed fish and vegetables for dinner, but knowing my fussy toddler wouldnt eat that i made him some fish fingers and mac'n'cheese. Needless to say i ended up eating mac'n'cheese as well and then we shared an easter egg lol. FAIL. This is what happens when you dont plan meals ahead.

Anyhoooo. Minor setback. Have taken all the chocolate from the pantry and put it away in spare room out of site. Will extend my walk this morning and get on the exercise bike later to help burn off some of those extra calories consumed.

• Like 2

I'm in. I'll set a goal of 3kgs (but secretly aiming for 4.5! hehe).

• Like 1

I struggle to drink enough water during the colder weather so what I do is make [diet] cordial, but with hot water. (Like a cup of tea). I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, so to speak, but it works for me and I got another 1.2lt in last night just watching telly and cross stitching.

• Like 1

I think I'll join up as well, my goal would be to get under 100. I'm fairly newly banded and am being very mindful of my food, so am losing slowly but surely. As of today, to be under 100 would be 8kgs needed. I feel confident!

• Like 1

I just want that feeling of seeing the scales go down every week. i dont care if its 200g or 2kg....just down again. I miss when I was newly banded and the weight dropped off so easily. :(

I know that it's up to me now to do the rest of the work and after such a long break from "maintaing" for my wedding, eating whatever I wanted, its really hard to get back into my weightloss plan. But I'm trying! This week's challenge will be to keep it up whilst my hubby is home. I tend to show my love with food lol, and I tend to want to cook him something spectacular. Need some spectacularly healthy meal plans!

• Like 3

Im joining too! I have fallen off the bandwagon pretty badly in the last few months and this could be just what I need to get motivated again!!

I will aim for a 3+ kg loss too!

Iwill go back to drinking 2-3ltrs of water a day,

throw out all junk food after work today,

and head to the gym twice a week (outside of my 2 PT sessions).

I hope I can find the motivation to stick to the challenge, I have been really struggling. 

• Like 1

I'm in! I've just started Pilates and Xtend Barre classes so I will push on with the healthy mindset for as long as I can. I'll aim for 2kg loss with a weigh in on May 1st

• Like 1

I'm in. The 1st of June is almost 5 weeks away and I want to drop 5 kilos in May to be in the 80's :)

• Like 1

I'm in. The 1st of June is almost 5 weeks away and I want to drop 5 kilos in May to be in the 80's :)

You just inspired me... 5 kilos in the 5th month. I'm so close to the 80s it's killing me.

Arghhhh.... commitment come and find me!

Okay... 5 kilos. I can do this...

• Like 2

I want to get down to 65kgs. At least to 67kgs. When I was around 67kg I felt so thin (I'm 170cm). Now I'm in the high 69kgs and feel like there is too much chunkiness on my stomach. It's so hard to be and stay motivated to lose just a couple of kilos when I'm already in the healthy weight BMI range. I know it sounds bad to those that have heaps to lose still, but seriously I've lost 70kgs but can't find the motivation to lose 2 to 5 kgs more. So frustrating. I want my clothes to feel loose and currently they feel tight after gaining those couple of kilos. I definitely know it's not acceptable for me to "out grow" my current clothes. No way is that going to happen. I need to commit to hitting a 67kg number by the end of May.

Ok, I have removed all the chocolate in the house (and by removed, I ate every bit I could before my mental deadline... I judge myself more than anyone else could :/ ). Committed now though. I will wait until Friday to weigh myself... because I am a coward. I do have quite a few plans for myself this month (and next month) so I hope that helps sustain my motivation.

• Like 3

I have told myself to cut the 'midnight' snacking. I was doing so well for so long... until study came back. I haven't snacked this month but it is so hard. I might just explode from all the water I am drinking in place of it.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! BEEBOP WANT CHIPPIES!!!!!! BEEBOP WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!! OM NOM NOM NOM!!!! RAWWWWWW!!!!!!

I wonder if I jammed a q-tip in my ear, really hard, if I could silence the head hunger :(:ph34r:

Oh well, I am doing better than I expected.

• Like 7

Beebop you make me laugh. Can totally relate. You could also chew something like carrot sticks.

• Like 1

I'm starting the optifast Phase tomorrow in preparation for my band, so I'll pledge 7kgs to May! :)

• Like 4

BeeBop my brain is like that too! I often describe it as my brain throwing its toys on the floor and having a cry.

• Like 4

I think about these thoughts as being my food addiction and not me. Then I find it's easier to battle, because these thoughts are not mine they are the food addiction which is fighting to stay alive. If I ignore these thoughts my food addiction becomes weaker and these thoughts trying to trick me into doing something I don't want to do occur less frequently and less strongly.

• Like 5

I finally broke into the 80's. I'm 89.8 but it counts :). Also had a fill last week which should help me on my way.

• Like 4