FreshStart2

May Challenge (2014)

Had a slack time whilst hubby was home but getting back to it this morning.

I got some sugar free chewing gum for when that snack craving hits well after dinner. It just gives me something to chew when the head hunger hits.

• Like 1

I've also been pretty slack with my pledges. No water or exercise, but haven't had much junk or eaten out.

Have my trusty water bottle on my desk to commit today!!! 

• Like 1

My progress is very slow, I'm in the high 90s (98-99.9, under 100). I go to see the surgeon tomorrow and am hoping for a bit of fill, which may give me another kick start.

• Like 2

I'll have a go. I'm still just in the obese range but I've decided I need to maintain for a while. So I'll be aiming to keep my weight between 89 and 91kg throughout May. Maybe then decide if I want to lose more.

Since I decided to maintain, and as a result, have been a lot less stressed and more relaxed, my weight has started to come down again, so I might need to revise my maintain range to between 88 and 90kg. I'll see how I go over the next week or two.

• Like 2

I hope everyone is doing well with their challenges!

I cant seem to find any motivation :(  

I was doing so well before Christmas, no junk food on the planet was tempting me but now I cant stay away!!

400g down...... 2.6kg to go

I put my loss in the weigh in wednesday thread but I was down 700g last week so I have 1.9kg to go for the May challenge

• Like 1

Im struggling myself. Havent gained anything but havent lost anything either. Its sooo hard when its cold

• Like 1

I'm struggling as well, I was so motivated when I first started my banding journey but now my motivation has all but got up and p'ed off.

Gaining back some weight over the last year or so hasn't helped. Think I need to have my lips stitched together. Was going to lose 8kg for a wedding that was coming in 8 weeks....well guess what...wedding is now only 2 weeks away, I may have lost 1kg if that.

Pretty disgusted with myself. I have booked in for a fil straight after the wedding (don't want to have it before as I'm getting lots of stuck moments already), I'm hoping that will put me back on track.....just want to be back where I was and not feel like a big fat mumma.

Well I'm bucking the trend as I've been doing pretty good for the past couple weeks. Of course the first week I had gastro and didn't eat or drink for 24 hours and then barely ate for a few days after that. Then last Friday I had an argument with a guy I was interested in and then because I am so competitive I have been making sure I eat low calories because now I am even more motivated to be as hot as possible. As if I'm going to put on weight now after being rejected. I don't think so. At this rate I'm going to be back to my lowest weight in a few weeks. Think I'm down around 2kgs.

• Like 3

I think I am going to do a version of the pre-op diet for 2 weeks. I have an unrelated op coming up so I may as well! At least I will lose more than my goal so, provided I stick to it, I will even out to my May weight loss goal :) ... starting Monday (after assignments!).

• Like 1

I'm down 1.5kg's since I first posted in this thread, 3.5kgs to go in 3 and a bit weeks. Lucky I got a fill today, I have been sooo dying to eat all kinds of wintery comfort food lately.

• Like 2

I might make it to the mid 90s but I'm not sure, I'm feeling a lot more satisfied since having my fill. Having set my goal before I also realise that I don't want to lose too fast and risk complications. Anyway we'll see how we go. Good luck everyone else!

• Like 2

I had a junk food day yesterday, and I'm not due a fill for another 3 weeks. I might write this week off and have a protein day on Monday and then get back into it. I'm a shiftworker, and I find that it was easy while on holidays and keeping busy, but irregular hours, irregular sleep and being awake at 3am when I last ate at 6pm is taking a tooll. I've also been really slack with exercise since returning to work, it's cold at 5am if I want to get a long walk in, and the snooze button calls my name... Still, I have 6kgs to go for the rest of May, so 6kgs in 3 full weeks...it's doable!! :)

How is everyone going? Off the bandwagon here! Two days at a conference at crown, the food was divine, I mean they served up ice cream as afternoon tea! Who can resist! Needless to say the scales are not kind, I didn't eat dinner last night in an attempt to debloat and I am going on optifast till Sunday! Gahhh so frustrating! I am aiming for 20kg by the end of May, but seriously just a kilo off right now would feel divine.

• Like 3

Since I decided to maintain, and as a result, have been a lot less stressed and more relaxed, my weight has started to come down again, so I might need to revise my maintain range to between 88 and 90kg. I'll see how I go over the next week or two.

Maintaining isn't working ... the weight is just dropping off again. I'm not complaining ! I'm just trying to stay relaxed about my eating and gyming and as long as I don't start gaining ... I'm happy. This is enough for me at the moment.

• Like 4

I havent been on the scales but i think im failing miserably lol.

• Like 3

I was 96.6 on Monday (for my regular weigh in) and 96.6 this morning (for weigh in Wednesday).

• Like 4

I have been on the scales and KNOW I'm failing miserably.

I was hoping for 4kg from the time I joined this thread and I'm only up to 2.4kg loss with 10 days to go. A loss is a loss and I'm grateful for that but its a bit disappointing

• Like 5

Started May at 93.7 - currently on 90.8 so 2.9kgs down for May.... While any loss is good. I was mentally hoping to do 4-5kgs a month. But there are still 9 days left in May so possibly could end with 3.5kgs for the month

• Like 5

I have well and truly failed. In my defence, I found out Tuesday my band has leaked 6ml worth of fluid so it does explain some of my food-craziness. I have improved a bit now that I am aware of what is going on but the timing is not great :/

• Like 2

I'll jump in (not going to set a specific weight) would like to be stable within the 90-100kg range (closer to 90). Just switched to mushies from liquids only and although it hasn't skyrocketed my weight did go back up (100.3kg this morning).

Well I'm certainly stable between 90 and 100. I might make it below 95 we will see.

• Like 5

Haha i finally weighed this morning. Major fail this challenge. But im finally returning to zumba tonight. Obviously im going to struggle to eat properly during winter so i figure i need to really get back into a decent exercise routine.

• Like 5

I think from reading my first post I have lost half a kilo, but I was mainly aiming to cut out the crap snacks which I have failed at!

• Like 1