FreshStart2

May Challenge (2014)

RIGHT...

I haven't seen any challenges of late, and I'm in desperate need of a post-easter challenge.

A few months ago, I had made it to 75kg. After my wedding, and Easter, I'm back up to 80kg!

This is just not good enough. I know I've been eating anything and everything (within my band's limits). My portions have grow a bit, I've stopped exercising (yep its gettin cold again..)

I'm going to set myself a challenge for the month of May to get back down to 77kg. That's 3kg to lose by the end of May. I don't think that's unrealistic, and if I do lose more, then that's great. As it's not actually May yet, I'm just starting early, no point leaving it til May to gain even more weight.

Starting Today:

- I went for a walk down at the beach. Wasn't long, but it is a start.

- Have gone back to lowering my carb intake, little to no milk (or almond milk) in coffees, stevia instead of sugar, veggies and protein only after 10am.

- Organised a friend to watch my son so I can go to Zumba tomorrow night.

- Put all the Easter chocolate away out of sight!!

- Lots of water, and no snacking.

- Portioning and tracking my food again with measuring cups.

- Bringing my exercise bike back inside to get on every night for at LEAST 20mins (slowly increasing time).

Who's with me? What's your challenge and what are you doing to help you get there?

• Like 12

I'm in - aiming for a minimum loss of 4kg before 1st of June.

- Drink at least a liter of water a day

- Exercise at least three times a week

- Keep dining out to two meals a week max

- Don't buy any crappy snack food for myself OR hubby

• Like 1

i'll join your challange, but i don't really need to loose weight, would be happy to loose another 1 1/2 kilos, but am in the healthy weight range already, would just like to be able to say i have lost 50 kgs! lol

That being said, i am not fussed about losing the weight, but want to stop eating the crap chocolate snacks and start eating more healthy snacks!

• Like 4

I'm in! The last of the chocolate has been consumed. I haven't weighed myself for a week and a half so will do so in the morning and I will be aiming for 3 kg less in May too. I have a wedding in Penang in July and I will be one of three Aussie girls at the wedding, last Time I was in Asia I not only towered over everyone but felt like a whale too, it would be nice to feel attractive....

• Like 1

I'm in!! I need to be accountable for the food I put in my mouth!!

2kgs off before the end of May!!

Exercise more!

:) :)

• Like 1

Yep l'll jump on board as well. I really need to get a little more motivated and exercise

• Like 1

I'm starting the day off with a BIG glass of water and a walk :)

Then I'm off to do the food shopping and stock up on chicken tenderloins, steamfresh fish portions and lots of vegetables.

I really do need to get some coffee protein shakes for breakfasts though because i'm not keen on having to cook protein all the time first thing in the morning and baked beans get old after a week or so lol.

• Like 1

I'll have a go. I'm still just in the obese range but I've decided I need to maintain for a while. So I'll be aiming to keep my weight between 89 and 91kg throughout May. Maybe then decide if I want to lose more.

I'm starting the day off at the dentist 😒

But I did park a block away so I'd have to walk further

• Like 6

Weigh in complete - I lost 200g eating all that chocolate - go figure, opti for breakfast,my fitness pal updated and now to walk the dog, clean the house and do some work this arvo :)

• Like 1

Very timely, I am in too. I walked to the hairdresser to get an eyebrow wax then walked to pick up dd from daycare. I will challenge myself to do 5 minutes on the rower as well. Topped up the greens in the fridge so I have joke excuse not to have a salad.

I'll jump in (not going to set a specific weight) would like to be stable within the 90-100kg range (closer to 90). Just switched to mushies from liquids only and although it hasn't skyrocketed my weight did go back up (100.3kg this morning).

I'm in, gone from liquids to mushies and dreading the flatline or the scale going up... Go back to work Monday straight into a nightmare month end (will have heaps of work to catch up) but will have my optifast with me - even though I am on mushies I think for work the shakes are just easier... I am 94 and would love to be 90 by the end of May

I'm in, 3+ kgs by end of May - just 1.9 and I'll be in double digits :-)

• Like 1

I'm in. I have about 2 kg to get to my next goal and I want to do it by June.

I have to have an op just before the end of May so I am aiming for a 4kg loss. Once this weekend is over, the house will be purged of chocolate because I cannot be trusted. Even though there will still be some this weekend, I do have exercise obligations so hopefully that will help.

I am embarrassed to admit... I have bought quite a few clothes in smaller sizes. I have done this deliberately as an attempt at motivation but it is also a little disheartening at the same time ( I might also have a shopping addiction... there are too many stunning dresses out there!!!!). This weekend, I am going to totally re-organise my wardrobe and drawers to my current and very very soon size (as in, clothes that will fit appropriately within 5kgs - not tightly). A tidy up is necessary anyway but I shall make it a part of the challenge for the motivation. I have just decided that when I get to 75kgs, I am going to have a proper WIR installed. This will be a good reward on multiple levels and not so close that I don't have time to save for it! It might be my 22nd b'day pressie to myself!

I am looking at taking a self defense class after mid May and wouldn't mind getting back into netball too...

One step at a time I guess :)

• Like 1

Already just from making a few changes in 2 days I've gone from 80.6kg to 78.9kg which is great. I know its probably just water weight but its still the encouragement I need to persevere. Theres nothing more disheartening than killing yourself trying, to see no results.

Just enjoying a hot soy coffee before i get dressed and get out in the cold for a walk.

• Like 3

Go Leanne you are going to smash the challenge!

• Like 1

I did a whole bunch of weeding yesterday - about an hour and a half and instead of sitting down I squatted. My thighs and ass are SO sore today but I'm down to my first 15kg goal and am at 92.8kg

• Like 4

I did a whole bunch of weeding yesterday - about an hour and a half and instead of sitting down I squatted. My thighs and ass are SO sore today but I'm down to my first 15kg goal and am at 92.8kg

Remember to take photos at these milestones :) I'm doing 5kg increments because they are small little goals that you can really see a difference in. You must be doing a happy dance! Ha ha well maybe not with sore thighs

Would love to join - but am going to the UK in a week...really quite worried about what food I'll be able to eat!

I also need a fill, but not getting one before going overseas :(

Have put on about 3kg lately - would love to have that back off when I come back. Maybe my goal will be not to gain any in England??

We will see....

• Like 1

Am not off to a good start!! this cold weather makes me want to snack!! oh well new day tomz!

Am not off to a good start!! this cold weather makes me want to snack!! oh well new day tomz!

Me too! Lucky i have some low carb snacks handy. Cherry tomatoes, strawberries, vegetable crisps and soy milk for coffees!

• Like 1

Hi Leanne - count me in for this challenge too. 

Its very timely as I am currently struggling with the rules and consequently my weight is plateauing.

My goals are:

• 3kgs loss by May 30.
  • No snacking between meals
  • Stick to the rules (portion size, meal duration)
  • 3 x walks per week (minimum 40 mins each )

Thanks for getting this ball rolling.

Good luck everyone!

Band

• Like 1