kerr

May 2014

Melmo, just read your post.

Must say I had a chuckle over the Anzac bikkies and food Chanel. This is the first

year in a while I haven't had any.

Keep up the walking and rest when you can. Awesome effort. Cheers

• Like 1

Melmo & Snuddy glad to hear from you. It just keeps getting better. You are both blessed to be able to share this journey.

• Like 1

Big Banding Day tomorrow, early AM and second on the list...

Here's to new beginnings, health and happiness...

Hoping that you Melmo and Snuddy are feeling much better one week on,.!

I'll be home Saturday if all goes well and will check in then. cheers.

• Like 2

You will be fine Portia, hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 1

I hope everyone is doing well.

I had my pre-op & dietician appointments today, getting very excited about getting banded next Friday, but a bit overwhelmed at the same time - reality is finally setting in & the excitement and positive changes it will bring to my future.Tomorrow is my first full proper day of optifast tomorrow (the last week have only been having a shake a day to get used to it), hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.

Have a great night everyone :)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your support, makes the journey less frightening! Xx

Big Banding Day tomorrow, early AM and second on the list...

Here's to new beginnings, health and happiness...

Hoping that you Melmo and Snuddy are feeling much better one week on,.!

I'll be home Saturday if all goes well and will check in then. cheers.

Gee how the time flies Portia, now it's your turn. Enjoy the day and embrace every minute of the old you, but look out, the new you is coming!! 

• Like 1

I hope everyone is doing well.

I had my pre-op & dietician appointments today, getting very excited about getting banded next Friday, but a bit overwhelmed at the same time - reality is finally setting in & the excitement and positive changes it will bring to my future.Tomorrow is my first full proper day of optifast tomorrow (the last week have only been having a shake a day to get used to it), hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.

Have a great night everyone :)

Gee it's all happening! How'd you go with the dietician? I am seeing Jess tomorrow lol 1st time post surgery so I am fixin' to write a book of questions lol!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I'm a picky b**** with my food and I have a very contrary tummy.

Gee it's all happening! How'd you go with the dietician? I am seeing Jess tomorrow lol 1st time post surgery so I am fixin' to write a book of questions lol!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I'm a picky b**** with my food and I have a very contrary tummy.

Hi AngelButterfly, I thought Jess was absolutely lovely, she was very approachable & easy going & really willing to listen to what you have to say. Not once did she make me feel bad about being overweight or feel that she was judging me which such a nice change. She  also gives you her email address too to contact her with any questions that you have.

I saw Dr Cheong too, gosh she is such a lovely Dr too!

Good luck with Jess, I feel that she genuinely cares for the people that she sees and really wants to help :)

• Like 1

Hi Portia You have probably already had your surgery by now. Hope it all went well and you are feeling OK. If you are having any pain swallowing like I did ask for your drugs via IV I even got panadol this way. Hopefully though you are feeling terrific keep us posted.

• Like 1

So last night Memo and I had our first proper outing since the band. We went to Bingo with our Mum's and sister in law. I know what you all are thinking we are party animals! We had a great time although I did want to occasionally tackle the lady sitting behind me for her hot chips :) Don't know if I have mentioned this previously but my Mum was banded 10 years ago and lost close to 60 kilos and has manged to keep it off.She has been helping us around the house and staying the night in case we need anything. Today she goes home. She only lives half an hour away but I will miss having her here..... mainly because we both hate cleaning :)Last night I was able to sleep on my tummy probably not the best idea but I am less sore than I thought which is great. My wounds are healing nicely which is a relief as I had some seepage early on. Melmo had nice clean wounds from day one but she has bruising like the surgeon punched her repeatedly in the stomach.Not long till we start mushies Yay!! Hope everyone is well.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Well I am more conscious than I thought I would be. Bright, feeling pretty good. Of course sore but manageable not really pain.

I think my throat is bothering me more after tubes being down there.

Had my Barium Swallow test and X-ray, all flowing so I'll be having a liquid dinner shortly.

Staff at Essendon Private Hospital are fabulous.

I'm so much happier now the process has started.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll be harder but I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for the support xxx

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

Home safe and sound. Feeling pretty okay. Sore at the port incision but managing well.

Hubby has cleared the house of children so I can rest, but a little over sleeping at the moment. Have been so well looked after.

My incisions so clean and neat, all lined up in a row horizontally across my belly.

Drinking plenty of liquids and all going down well. Doesn't take much to feel full but I would never know there was a band there as I don't feel any different which is great.

I shouldn't have got on the scales, I guess I was hoping for some miracle over night, instead I was up 2kgs LOL, that will be gas, fluid etc.

Typical me not allowing myself time. Anyway the journey has started and pleased so far. :0)

• Like 1

Who is getting banded next week? I am first off the rank on Monday morning.

I had a pre-admission appointment at the hospital this morning, took my blood pressure, a urine test and had the run down about my medical history with one of the nurses. I'm assuming I will be in theatre fairly quickly once I get there at 6am on Monday.

I'm not feeling too nervous about it yet, I had an abdominoplasty done last year (tummy tuck) and that was pretty major with a much longer recovery than this and I managed to bounce back fairly quickly from that, so I am not too concerned about getting the band.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are very prepared Fluttershy.

All the best, you will be fabulous and you won't know yourself when your new journey begins. Very exciting for us all.

Cheers

• Like 1

How are you going Nathan? Kicking goals with the Optifast as time gets closer?

Day 1 of Opti-Diet.

Cruising through so far. Waiting for the novelty to wear off.

I surprisingly ate less than I usually would for tea last night - "The Last Supper" as I referred to it as. 

Finished off my time as a significantly overweight person with a small chicken burger meal. 

Bread was a great friend of mine, so I found it only fitting that I allow it to be part of the celebration of my last meal hahaha.

Hi. My op was on May 6th. Still doing the liquid thing...ugh! It's day 5 and I guess I'm going ok. I am getting a little tired of V8 juice and soup as savoury options though :) 

My surgeon hasn't mentioned anything about Optifast, so I'm not sure what that's about.

I'm 144kg (pre-op).

This forum was suggested by a friend, and I'm so glad she did. The posts I have read so far have been so helpful! Thanks so much!!! :)

• Like 2

Portia you will be a bit heavier after surgery, anesthetic and gas are not our friends. You will see it come down dont worry.

Kelb not sure what your surgeon and dietician recommended but I was able to have anything that would be able to go through a straw, so i cooked up alot of chicken and veg and blended it as well as savoury mince.

• Like 2

Good morning,

Had the most tasty banana smoothie with vanilla fruche yoghurt a crushed ice, skim milk and benefibre for brunch today.

Didn't feel like a lot once I had my morning vitamins and cup of tea.

I still have optifast shakes, terry white chemist soups which I can have if i don't feel like the soups etc I have made. Also froze my fruche for frozen yoghurt, nice and soothing for my throat.

There's some great recipes KelB, have a look on the forum. Great tips Sav. Thank you, I'm not going to focus on the scales until 1 week post op to see how I'm going, I know recovery is priority first. :0)

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the tips, and the recipes look really yummy! Off to the supermarket I go! :)

• Like 1

Best of luck! I am newly banded, march 25th 2014 by dr Dolan at glengarry, had my first fill of 4mls 2 weeks ago, can still eat and drink everything fine, weightloss has been very slow at this point only 4kgs down all together but we are all different! I have read plenty of people say they don't lost that much weight till the second fill, I guess I am just a bit anxious, I keep thinking my band must have slipped or isn't working but I guess I will know by the second fill later this month :)

Best of luck

Well only one more sleep to go!  Totally feel off the wagon with the diet in the last few days but some how it doesn't seem to have made much difference!  Spoke to the Dr last week he said they only do two ops and they are both in the morning so I get to the hospital at 7.30am tomorrow and should be in surgery either 9am or 11am.  I like the idea that i'll have all day and night in hospital to recover.  A little nervous as I've never had an op before and I think I'm mostly worried about how I'll react to the anesthetic. 

I know that your weight goes up after the op but I'm going to weigh myself afterwards so I know how much it's gone up by so then I can track once I get done to the pre op weight. 

OH keeps asking what he can do to help me and my answer is mainly 'stop talking about it!' hehe...   see you guys on the other side!

• Like 2