daisy1971

what happens when your at your ideal weight

Hi I am nearly at the weight I want to be. I am wondering is some fill taken out of your band or is it taken out only if you are still losing weight and you don't want to .?

What has happened to other people when you reach your ideal weight.

Congrats Daisy on reaching your goal. I am not able to advise as I am new at this but would be interested to hear from the veterans

• Like 1

Im far from my ideal weight but i would assume that if you take your band out ehen you reach goal, you are going to regain your weight.

Remember the band isnt just about teaching you to eat smaller portions. It actually tricks your brain into thinking you arent hungry. If this comes out, you will feel hungry and eat more again.

If i ever reach my goal, i'll be leaving my band as it is for a while until i know i can maintain it for a year

• Like 2

My first meeting with Dr about band.  I asked about band removal - he said almost 100% off patients who have there band removed will gain all if not more of their weight loss.  Which to me makes sense as we have all lost and gained weight pre band.  Two years in - want to loose another 6-7kgs, pretty sure my band can stay as is when I get there, but can always do a little tweaking if necessary - Best wishes

• Like 1

Hi I am nearly at the weight I want to be. I am wondering is some fill taken out of your band or is it taken out only if you are still losing weight and you don't want to .?

What has happened to other people when you reach your ideal weight.

I read this question as being about having FILL taken out, not the band.

I found that I reached my goal weight at the time I stopped losing weight. To lose more would have required a lot more effort on my part as I feel the band had done all it could do. I am still in the overweight category according to BMI but am at a weight where I feel good and look normal. Any more weight loss would be aesthetic only and I didn't feel I needed that. Having said that, if my weight had continued to fall without increased effort I would have been happy to drop a few more kilos.

So the short answer is.....I have been maintaining at goal weight for over six months at the same fill level I was when I reached goal.

• Like 5

So the short answer is.....I have been maintaining at goal weight for over six months at the same fill level I was when I reached goal.

Does maintaining still require as much effort as losing?

• Like 2

I read this question as being about having FILL taken out, not the band.

I found that I reached my goal weight at the time I stopped losing weight. To lose more would have required a lot more effort on my part as I feel the band had done all it could do. I am still in the overweight category according to BMI but am at a weight where I feel good and look normal. Any more weight loss would be aesthetic only and I didn't feel I needed that. Having said that, if my weight had continued to fall without increased effort I would have been happy to drop a few more kilos.

I agree with Caughtbetween, I have passed my goal weight of 70kilos and would love to get to 65kg but I don't think I can do it, I have been trying for 4 months and fluctuate between 66-68kgs.

My doctor told me that I am at the weight my body wants to be, I had .1ml taken out to satisfy my husband and the doctor and nothing has changed.

Some days I eat more than others.  think I will just have to be happy where I am at the moment, As long as I don't go past 70kgs again I'm happy.

• Like 3

Does maintaining still require as much effort as losing?

Sometimes it does. I have a point on the scales that is my 'trigger' to become vigilant again so I don't slowly regain weight. I'm finding I fall within about a two kilo buffer range and I am happy with that.

Having said that I have found it very easy to slip back into old bad habits. I will always have to watch my weight, always.

• Like 2

Sometimes it does. I have a point on the scales that is my 'trigger' to become vigilant again so I don't slowly regain weight. I'm finding I fall within about a two kilo buffer range and I am happy with that.

Having said that I have found it very easy to slip back into old bad habits. I will always have to watch my weight, always.

I met my scale trigger the other day. Actually i was 2kg over my trigger weight lol. So it was the push i needed to be focussing on my body again.

• Like 3

I didn't do anything when I hit my goal weight. I think it depends on how tight your band is. My band isn't that tight and I can eat anything I want so there is no reason to adjust my band. I didn't get to goal weight because my band did all the work, it was extremely difficult to get to goal weight. I also maintain within a range and if I go over that then it's time to cut the calories down until I'm back in my goal weight range. It's much easier to maintain weight than to lose weight. Although, it's also easy to gain weight if you aren't constantly vigilant with what you are putting in your mouth.

• Like 3

After reaching my goal weight I've kept all my fill and nothing else has changed, its just another normal day.

I still exercise just as hard but I do eat a little more per day to balance out my weight and by doing this I've managed to stay around the 95kg mark.

I agree with MissyBelle, my first 65kgs was very easy to lose and the last 20 was more difficult to lose but with an increase in my exercising 

and watching what I ate I've managed to achieve my goal.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies , I wouldn't even dream of getting the band out lol,

I feel the band has done all the work so far I am 72 kg and would like to get to 65 ,but I need to walk  and exercise now , I am losing  about Half a kilo a week so if this increases with exercise I hope to be at my goal weight in a couple of months . The last fill I got was January and it was a half mm and what a difference that made in what I could eat , so I guess I wait and see I wouldnt want to go below 65 as I am 175cm . I am so grateful for all the support on banding together, its the best thing I ever did for myself getting a lapband.

• Like 3