Contemplating

Very tight band last few days

Hi

I've had my current fill for the past five weeks and have been going great. I'm around 7ml.

But yesterday and today I can't even keep liquids down it's very tight. Going to call doctor tomorrow.

Anyone else had this happen?

I don't think so, I've just had ten days off and had a lovely break. It's very random I've never had this before

• Like 1

This happened to me a couple weeks ago - after not having an adjustment for 8months.

I was getting my period so slightly tighter then usual and what I think happened was I got a piece of tomato skin caught in my band which irritated it and caused a little more swelling, then over the next 4 days every time i tried to eat something it irritated it a little more..... ended up in ER, 7hrs, kidney function test, an xray and a couple bags of fluid and an unfill and I was right.

I did gain the ability to eat anything and everything and gained 5kgs in 3 weeks before I was topped up again. Dr wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks to let everything settle down again.

So my suggestion, along with seeking advice from your Dr is stick to liquids if you can and try not to irritate any swelling that might be there.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This happened to me a few weeks ago... I'd had some fairly bad news about a dear friend and nothing would go down for 48 hours after that. Even tiny sips of water were giving me strife. I called to book an unfill first thing on the Monday morning but canceled it as I was finally able to get a cup of coffee down and keep it down. I stuck to fluids for the rest of the day and haven't had any problems since.

Try and take things very slow, even with fluids. If you're noticing that fluids are causing you problems I would call your Dr and get some out. It's not good to go without fluids for very long. Best of luck.

I haven't had a fill yet but I really need to stop reading this fill feeds lol I am getting nervous!

Hope you are feeling better ladies.

If you eat something that irritates the band it can leave it tight for a few days. Go back to fluids, shakes for 1-2 days to allow it to settle

This is me regularly,can eat one thing one day... Not the nexy

3 years in and just tonight all I could eat for dinners was a handful of Cashew nuts, I'm also tight which I love.

Any other night I can eat my normal small meal so for me this is how my band works.

Ive had the opposite problem, last few days its almost felt like I had no band and actually felt hungry sooner than I should, I have eaten way more than I should, been on a sugar binge and generally feeling pretty disgusted in myself. last night I discovered that the band is obviously still working as I had restriction. Now I have to get my act together and get back into some sort of decent mindset.

• Like 1

I feel like I can eat anything at this stage and only relying on my own will power and determination go keep the portions small....

That was me after I got the band done. At my first fill, the surgeon said that most people star to put on weight again before their first fill because they can eat anything. Just remember to control your portion size.

mine is so tight at the moment that i am struggling! it was fine and no adjustment then bam TIGHT!! Going to dr tomorrow, im thinking the gym Personal training might have something to do with it.

Hi, 

This has also recently happened to me. Bit of a shock after having no real problems all this time.  Had a small fill in March and was sort of OK for first couple of weeks and then BAM way too tight.  Went back after another couple of weeks of struggling and had the fill removed.  No change, took me another week to get an appointment and was seriously struggling - couldn't hardly eat or drink anything, up coughing all night.  Finally got appointment yesterday and the Dr removed all the fill, got me to skull two glasses of water (anyone remember what skulling a drink fills like?) and then put most of the fill back in.  Fixed :D Dr thinks that maybe the band had slipped a bit.  Personally I think that was an understatement, something was definitely not right.  Unfilling and then refilling has hopefully allowed the band to settle back into the correct position.  Anyway today is a good day, still early but maybe I can eat breakfast for the first time in over a month.

Even after two years it is still a learning curve.  My advice is that slow weight loss is the aim and not to push it too fast.

• Like 2