Sign in to follow this  
Gasmama

Yummy Moroccan Lentil Soup: Super easy and tasty!

I made this soup last night because my family were having Felafels and the spices and smells were getting to me. My post op soups so far have been as bland as all get out. I was a little worried it would be too thick but- hooray- it went through the straw!

Moroccan lentil soup. (makes enough for at least three days).

Use about half a cup to three quarters of a cup of red lentils, rinsed.

Half packet Master Foods Moroccan Lamb Shanks slow cooker mix (important: NOT THE SPICE BLEND, this is more like a paste)

2 cups water

About 1/4 cup finely grated tasty cheese (mmm: cheeeeese) (I used Elbo- style cheese: like a matured cheddar)(I used a microplane grater, but any 'parmesan' size grater will do)

Hummus dip to taste (there was about a soup spoonful left in the packet after my family had finished with it).

Boil water in a small saucepan. Add lentils and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer (covered) for about 20 minutes. The lentils should be nice and mushy. Simmer uncovered for about another10 minutes, being careful not to let it dry out and burn on the bottom (just add more water). Add in about half the packet of lamb shank mix and stir. Add in the cheese and mix to melt it in. Throw in the left over hummus dip to taste. Stir until well-combined. Hit it with the stick mixer until it is liquid (add extra water if you need to) enough to get through a straw.

Yummy yummy yummy. And healthy!

• Like 3