Does anyone ever use the chat section of this site?

I've been on a few times and never seen anyone on to chat to about the experience.

I'm not sure if for some reason it doesn't work or...?

Such a wasted resource I think :(

I've been on this site for over a year and a half . And I've only once seen someone in there.

I don't think anyone uses it at all.

But pm and writing on posts is useful

It's interesting - I thought that it'd be the 'hangout' of banding together but it's quite the opposite. Ah well, I guess the posts and PM's will do the trick  :P

I thought the same when I joined Banding Together! Its a bit of a shame really...

i have been on it before with a few other people i haven't gone on there for a while as no one else goes in 

Nice to see some our male friends posting Nathan, good on you.

Hump Day chat sounds cool! Eggzy, you should get the ball rolling - you've got such great ideas on this stuff.

Kimmykay, thanks... It'd be nice for more guys to be on here, but I guess as a percentage there are less of us getting banded/already banded? I dunno?

Ive used the chat a few times but yeah, it is rarely used. I think posting about chat dates are a good idea :)

the chat section was actually used quite extensively for a while but many of the old timers that used it have moved on to other phases of their lives.

just needs you relative newbies to fire it up again

• Like 1

yeah, back when i was banded it was very popular. Always booming most nights. Welcome to pm me nathan if you ever want to chat/ask questions! 

Just goes to show... I've been on here for a little while but never used/investigated the chat section. It certainly seems under-utilised at the moment, maybe this will turn around now that we have been reminded.

Thanks Kylie. :)

I guess the reason I thought chat would be good is because i didn't want to intrude on people by PMing them. For 1, when you don't know someone it may come across as pretty creepy hahaha.

I've chatted once or twice. The thing with this forum is that there are people at all different stages and are posting in various threads and stick to these threads. I'm an old timer so would very rarely comment on newbie questions because there are others freshly banded that will respond to these questions plus I (like other old timers) have answered these questions numerous times before. Then there are people that post updates in the thread for the month they had surgery or there are other special groups like sleevers. But in chat when there are people in their they will want to talk about different issues. So chat is probably not my thing.