Sign in to follow this  
nathan

Dr Caska

Hi,

Has anyone been banded by Dr Caska from the central coast?

How have you found your experiences with him?

How is the follow-up from Dr Caska and Wendy?

Does Dr Caska do the fills personally?

Thanks for the help :)

Hi Nathan,

I was banded by Dr Caska Jan11 and more recently he isĀ  my husbands hernia doc.

He talks a bit fast,and sometimes not directly at you,but I have always felt comfortable with him.

I have had fills with both he and Wendy - nothing to it. Wendy has also done urgent(to me) unfills between her shifts at the hospital nextdoor.

With me the fill amount was small and slow - id take their advice on how your feeling and amount of weight lost between visits. I once talked them into .5ml when they advised against it - needless to say I was back needing it out!!

In the beginning I saw him 4 weekly- I think - my memory isnt great about these things, but you can go as often as you like.

Fantastic. How much is each fill Anna?

It's great to have someone who I can share my experiences with of having the same doctor :)

Back then, your out of pocket expenses included 2 years of follow up appointments/fills.

Now I think he has dropped the price a bit and its only 1 year free visits.

After that I believe it's $180 per fill/unfill.

I haven't gone back in over a year, prob should make an appointment to show my face again.

Hi Nathan, I didn't ask about the cost of fills/un fills at my appointment - it all happened so quick! Are you able to share how many fills are included in the fee and the cost of infils? Thank you

Hi Nathan, I didn't ask about the cost of fills/un fills at my appointment - it all happened so quick! Are you able to share how many fills are included in the fee and the cost of infils? Thank you

Your first visit is free, but after that you are charged a fee, which I think is $100 for the fill, 80 for the visit, most of which you get back. :)

Thank you very much, he said that he fills the band during the surgery which is a good start - particularly as I live 1200kms away from his office. Have you had to have many fills? He said that his technique reduces fiddling with the fill and stuck moments/ vomiting,I'd love to hesr about your experience, thank you ever so much!

So I've joined you bandits and have to say how amazing Brisbane Water Private was!! I'm having my post op check up soon and just wondering what to expect? Weight loss is going okay but am exercising hard so I'm curious what Caska will want to know/ say? Thanks