BeeBop

June Challenge 2014

Im not off to a great start, got cake in the fridge. but come on....its my birthday cake. im allowed birthday cake am i not? :P

dragging the exercise bike out today to try to counter the calories!

Not until the 3rd!!!!

• Like 1

I also failed May...I promise myself to try harder in June. Getting a fil on Wednesday, hoping this helps to get me on the straight and narrow.

• Like 3

I did well and no longer weigh myself, not that I ever did. I completed a 5k walk in 32 minutes and an 80k bike ride in 3 1/2 hours.

• Like 2

95.8kg with an aim of 94kg. Not much but I just want to get to 20kg! Anything more is a bonus and then I will reset the goal posts. I have also banned chocolate from my life as it has a hold on me. One day at a time.

• Like 5

Hi

Little bit late to start but would love to join the June Challenge with a goal of 4kg for the month of June. I been seeing the numbers on the scale slowly moving up and up in the last 12 month and gained 12 kg since this time last year.

I don’t know how to do it anymore but things need to change and I need to start losing weight not gaining. Open for any advice right now as I’m really disheartened right now.

My starting weight today is 109.5kg.

Cheers

Joanna

• Like 4

gone ok on ab challenge so far, day 4 rest day! Also if you have a iPhone you can download the free app. Just search 30 day Ab challenge

• Like 4

Got my fil, ready to go.

Note to self.....stay away from the chocolate.

• Like 4

I am happy to report that for the last two days I have dedicated 30 minutes to walking, and the day before that included a fair amount of incidental exercise. Not sure on the weightloss front as yet.

• Like 2

Im so glad everyone else is doing well.

I suck. Im sick and just lacking the energy to do anything. My nose is running, sneezing all the time and i have that sexy man-voice.

• Like 4

gone ok on ab challenge so far, day 4 rest day! Also if you have a iPhone you can download the free app. Just search 30 day Ab challenge

been loving the ab challenge! got my dad and the girls in the office on board with me for that extra motivation! i love having those silent competitions with the person next to you at the gym; pushing yourself to lift more or go faster! detirmined to say the least to be fit, fabulous and flaunting it down fifth ave! ;)

• Like 3

OK … I did it! I joined Fernwood Gym last night (My other gym membership expired in April but for the last few months I never went after having bad experience with PT so chose to go back to Fernwood after 10 years). I will be starting on Monday morning, they were booked out for assessment on the weekend so Monday it is!

This is probably better as it will give me the weekend to clean up the pantry and shop for healthier alternatives or might go back onto Optifast shakes from Monday onwards as well. Just don’t know if I can do it again, sticking to it more than two weeks will be massive challenge.

Have a nice long weekend  everyone!

Joanna

• Like 3

OK … I did it! I joined Fernwood Gym last night (My other gym membership expired in April but for the last few months I never went after having bad experience with PT so chose to go back to Fernwood after 10 years). I will be starting on Monday morning, they were booked out for assessment on the weekend so Monday it is!

This is probably better as it will give me the weekend to clean up the pantry and shop for healthier alternatives or might go back onto Optifast shakes from Monday onwards as well. Just don’t know if I can do it again, sticking to it more than two weeks will be massive challenge.

Have a nice long weekend  everyone!

Joanna

I see your post went from "I did it" to "Just don't know if I can do it"....I realise joining a gym and going are two different things. I just wish I had someone to go with as motivation. Once I get going I am fine, I just like someone to push me while I am there. But I am working on that.

Joanna, for me, this isn't about IF I can do it, I don't have a choice. All the things I want to do in my life in the next 10+ years require me to be healthier and definitely slimmer.  Everything we do is a choice and as I read more and more of this forum, I see alot of choices made, some great and some well "needing improvement", myself included.

You took the biggest step signing up, one day at a time girl. Maybe start a blog on Fitness or the Gym and let us all know what you do each time you go. Not in a pressuring way but perhaps an accountability/motivational way. I think I need to do something similar!

I'm in even though its the 6th already!

My goal to lose 3.4 kg to get to 80% excess weight lost.

• Like 4

Woo Hoo, weighed myself today and I'm under 100. That is such a magic number, for me under 100 isn't so very fat, while over 100 is huge. I'd be much happier telling people what I weigh now. I know it's just a number, but it's such a mental victory.
Now to fight thoughts of celebrating with special fried rice... :D

• Like 3

woo hoo go you, double digits are so much better than triple digits!! :lol:

• Like 2

Just a week into the challenge and I have met my goal! Just over 2kgs lost!!! YAYYYYY :D

I shall add another 2kgs to my goal. Baby steps :) I will be happy if I can lose 4kgs overall this June :)

Great work to EVERYONE

• Like 4

I have completed one week of the ab challenge but am up 500g since last sunday!!

1 week in and I am down 1.9kgs to 88.8kgs (I was up a bit last Sunday after having a big Thai birthday dinner so was hoping for a big loss this week). Verrrry happy to be in the 80's and to have hit my 70% weight loss mark :)

• Like 2

I have completed one week of the ab challenge but am up 500g since last sunday!!

Muscle weighs more than fat! You must be getting all tough n stuff! ;)

• Like 1

JUNE CHALLENGE

Weight loss Goal: 4.5 kg

Starting weight 1/6: 83.5 kg

9/6: 82.5 kg

16/6:

23/6:

30/6:

• Like 2

I'm in - aiming for a 3kg loss for June  :)

02/06/14 - Starting weight for June 90.9kg

Only down to 90.2kg today - so still have 2.3kg to lose in just under three weeks

• Like 1

Ok, I'm in and seeing as my exercise has slowed down considerably lately I'm going to make that part of my challenge. I want to walk (or ride) for at least 30 mins sat least 3 times per week and am aiming to lose 3-5kg. I saw the ab challenge and would like to do it but I'm not there yet and we are having visitors for most of the month. I like the idea of having a more regular check in and think I'll work towards reporting once a week. Good luck everyone.

I am happy to report that for the last two days I have dedicated 30 minutes to walking, and the day before that included a fair amount of incidental exercise. Not sure on the weightloss front as yet.

Exercise has continued this week (3 sessions last week and 1 so far this week). When I jumped on the scales Monday I hadn't moved since the week before. Seeing the surgeon Friday and hopefully things will get better.

Due to having a visitor for the past 2 weeks, and still for another week, things have been more difficult than normal. Just have to put in more effort (and I have noticed that I have made better choices than I would have in the past).

• Like 2

Righteo, managed 3.something for May so I'm in with a modest 4kg loss for June... And perhaps try to get on the bike more than once for the month....

Started June on 89.9 so only 400g down so far for June... Challenge not going so well

• Like 4

Since I saw that I had reached my goal of a 2kgs loss, I have been too scared to get back on the scales. I don't know what I would see so I am in hiding :P

Does it count if I cleaned and polished the glass on the scales?? 

• Like 3