Sign in to follow this  
Mummy of Three

Early Release Super Application help please

I'm just filling out the first form compassionate grounds Medical, Question 68 states: provide any additional information relevant to your Application.....

What did you wonderful people put there?? Is this where you out your reasoning why you want lap band and reason why can't afford it??

Thanks in advance

I wrote a letter explaining why I needed it and why I couldn't afford it, a supporting letter from my surgeon and GP, a summary of my current bank accounts with their balances and an explanation of what that money was there for. My application was 42 pages, I think they approved it so quickly so they didn't have to read it all ;-)

• Like 3

I also wrote a letter explaining that while I don't currently have any medical conditions from being overweight that it would be life threatening if I stayed at the weight/continued to gain weight.

• Like 1

Thanks ladies. Just want to try and do it right the first time, but also nervous it won't be supported. I've got my GP apt in a couple of weeks then Surgeon 2 days later. I'm currently filling out the Human Services paperwork & have the forms for them to go. I'm just nervous it won't be supported.

I'm pretty sure most surgeons have a general letter they give their patients, but definitely ask for one to be drawn up if they don't. The surgeon has to fill out the form but a supporting letter stresses how urgent it is

• Like 1

I put in there every reason why being overweight is spoiling my quality of life, so medical conditions including social anxiety. The inability to buy clothes, travel on an airplane etc etc.

good luck :)

Thank you Jellybelly for that tip from the surgeon. Thanks Kath for those tips, I'm very grateful for your assistance. I'm pretty sure my super company will be good about it, considering I work in emergency services, it's important that I'm I fit and healthy and after 13 years of doing it I'm not that fit person anymore!

Hi Mummy of Three. I have just received my approval letter for DHS. One note I will advise is make sure your copies of ID's are really clear. I had a hold up on my application due to the copy not being classified as clear enough. Even though it looked pretty clear to me. and then had to get it certified all over again. And once they send you a letter requesting further information such as this your application basically gets put to the back of the line or back to the date they receive the additional information and then you have to again wait for the 8-10 days processing time.   

On the additional information part of the application I just stated the need for surgery due to my quality of life and that also due to my health(endometrosis) and age. I would not be in the future taking any extended time off to have children, so my ability to restore my super balance would not be comprised due the time off.       

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Bugger, the process must have changed over the last 3 years because when I did mine I just had the surgeons letter, proof of ID and not much else and if I remember correctly no letter explaining anything and not even a bank statement.

What I do remember was how straight forward it was and how quickly the whole process took.

Got a letter today requesting further information. They need the proper name and abn of my superfund and also details from PHI to say what they covered. At least it isnt a NO yet, which is what I was expecting...

Got a letter today requesting further information. They need the proper name and abn of my superfund and also details from PHI to say what they covered. At least it isnt a NO yet, which is what I was expecting...

Thanks Sav, yes I am going to get my PHI stuff and print off exactly what my PHI covers. I've already asked the hospital for their quite to be organised even though I haven't even got referral or seen surgeon, although have apts booked already for next week.