somers181

Early morning Reflux/Nausea

Hi all, since reaching my goal weight loss about 12 months ago I noticed that more and more I would wake up early most mornings feeling sick in the stomach and on a few occaissions dry retching.

I have tried all the usual quick fixes, to ensure I don't eat or drink for at least 2 hours before going to bed, have raised the bed head height at least 10cm's, sleep with 2 pillows and am now looking at seeking medical advice if no one else seems to be having these problems......... (I was told this is usually a person who is under weight problem but as I still weigh 99kgs down from 206kgs I don't think this is an issue)

Any assistance would be great.

Cheers.

Congratulations on maintaining your goal weight!

I would seek help from your banding team, you may need a smidge of fill removed.

I have been at goal 8 months and am just starting to have some stuck issues. I have booked an appointment to have a flush through and maybe have a little bit of fill out.

Being at goal is so wonderful, I don't want to risk any band issues by waiting to see what happens. My team are the experts and have seen it all so I will work with them and their suggestions.

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi, Congrats on your weight loss.

I am not at goal yet but I  have been experiencing reflux of a morning also. . I had a Gastroscopy/Endoscopy done a month ago to see if the Dr could see what was causing the reflux, all results came back negative so he has just put it down to the band being too tight and that loosing more weight should fix the problem.

Hope you find the cause of your reflux soon :)

Talk to your GP about getting some nexium or somac - medications for reflux/ulcers etc (proton pump inhibitors). It might make all of the difference.

• Like 1

Do you use a CPAP? I get reflux at night only, and it seems to be caused by the pressure on my CPAP machine.

Thanks for the above responses.....

No, not possible to get pregnant at my age, 52, and also I am a bloke......

I don't use a CPAP machine, I only get the reflux when I wake up in the morning, the real problem is I can never get back to sleep and am awake from anywhere after 3am onwards.....

I have had 2 withdrawals of fluid from the band and this hasn't helped so it looks like going back to the doctor to seek further tests......

thanks,

Richard.....

• Like 2

I am often up by about 5.30am with mine... sorry I couldn't help - I hope your doctor finds a solution.

Interesting reading. I had a small fill 1/2ml on Wednesday and I woke up last night and felt like a needed to vomit.

Very uncomfortable and only water in the mouth.

Strange feeling and I hope it settles down

How miserable for you..... especially after such a FANTASTIC weight loss...... maybe you have a small hiatus hernia there or something? Sounds like you have done all the recommended things. I would go back and discuss with  your surgeon too, as this must be taking its toll on you by now - even if cause lack of sleep! All the best - hope it gets sorted soon for you.

ps.... love the fact that you cant be pregnant for the given reasons!! Shame though... you could get very rich, very quickly... and you would know why this was happening!! LOL!  :)

• Like 2

I am just glad you are not pregnant Richard - thats a whole other website to start up!!!  :blink:

• Like 4

I am just glad you are not pregnant Richard - thats a whole other website to start up!!!  :blink:

Richard, I love how you put the age factor first...before the bloke bit!

• Like 3

Possibility of a pouch?

I was suffering reflux in the night and it was discovered I had a pouch and slipped band.

A barium swallow test could be required.