Sign in to follow this  
Jayali

How much weight did you lost 8 weeks post surgery?

I know everyone is different and weight loss varies, but was just curious how much you had lost up to 8 weeks post op? Excluding the optifast stage, just after the actual surgery.

7.1 kg for me 8 weeks from surgery day.

8.6 for me :) I lost loads straight after surgery, gained a bit going back to solids, then lost a fair bit after my first fill.

10.2 kg for me.  But I cannot stress enough we are all different.  If I start comparing myself to others I find I sabotage myself because I don't think I am doing good enough.  I then eat more or the wrong things.  

• Like 1

12 kg or so for me this time around

I think about 1kg/week, which is about where I am now. I lost 3kg/week on optifast though, so it was a but of a letdown.

I am only four weeks post surgery but my loss is just slightly under 10kg. I agree that everyone is so very different though and your journey is very individual. Celebrate any weight loss no matter what the amount! It's always one step closer to your goal weight!

8 weeks after sleeving I'd lost 23kg. But I dropped dramatically post op so I think I was retaining a lot of water - I just kind of deflated.

Just guessing, but I think a thread like this attracts those who have done better than average. I can't remember my numbers it was too long ago. But fairly safe to say it would have been a crap number because all I remember is being hungry and able to eat as much as I could pre op until I had had a few fills.

• Like 4

Kazkat - i think the first 4 weeks us all about healing. If you do things right you are bound to Lose. I put on 1.4kgs this week after surgery but I know that I am having VLC so it has gotta happen. Everyone is different and .2kgs lose is an achievement.

• Like 1

Sorry guys... like I said I think a lot of mine was retained water as I was so puffy before hand. Wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad.

Whoops just meant to correct a typo in my above post, not repost.

9.2kg in 8 weeks.... But weight loss has slowed right down now... As long as the scales are not going up I suppose I should be happy. I know if I just could get myself motivated to exercise it would be so much better....

• Like 1

I was saddened to read some of this post. I'd like to ask Jayali the reason for asking the question in the first place. Do you feel you are not losing weight like others or are losing more than expected? I notice your profile says pre-op but I won't assume that is accurate as not everyone updates those things.

Like all threads, responding or not is a choice and sure, in a competitive world, alot of people like to be seen as "keeping up". Personally, I have used others weight loss information from tickers, photos and posts as a guideline as to how I have been progressing. In conjunction with my Surgeon, Dietician and GP (and my Psychologist for the mental component) I make it about competing against myself, not others. But I DO like to use you all as guidelines, roughly, to gauge how I am doing. 

skeeter, it saddened me to read you apologise for your post stating your weight loss. I do not believe anyone should ever apologise for that, especially on a WLS forum. Congratulations to you and to everyone's weight loss whether it be at the 8 week mark or beyond.

My weight loss progress is documented on my profile. What I am trying to learn these days is that no ones words or even situations can "make me" feel bad, sad or upset. How I react is in my hands and my control. And in saying that, so is the solution.

• Like 2

At 8 weeks didn't lose much at all. I was 84kgs when I was banded at 8 weeks I was down to 79kgs a 5kg loss and that was it for awhile... I lost cms off my waist arms and thighs though and I was eating a lot less. I went from a size 16 to a 14. I was disheartened though it wasn't enough given how much I did. On my 3rd fill I went to 6.1mls and I've hit the sweet spot. Now 12 weeks after surgery I've lost 10kgs and fit into a size 12 and lost 12 cms of my waist. It's a slow process for me and my doctor explained I had a low BMI to begin with it's a slow process and for me 1kg will be 5kgs to another person.. I'm just highlighting my loss to show it's different for everyone... You need to look at the big picture not just compare yourself to someone else!

• Like 2

My weight loss was extremely slow at the beginning. in the week immediately post op i lost 7kg, but as soon as mushie/solid stage hit it all came back on.

for about 4 and a half months i was still capable of eating a large plate at dinner time. I got really down that i'd paid all this money, went through that pain in the recovery phase but then 5 months in and i was receiving comments from mum and dad like "when are gonna start losing weight" - i knew it was true but i didnt want to hear it from them :(

of course i knew i wasnt going to wake up with my bikini body, but i didnt know it would be a long 5 months before i started losing anything.

my physician is really good, and he knows that im really keen on losing this weight. im now 8 months post op and have lost almost 15kg (which is half of my goal) would love to be closer by the 1 year mark.

please refer to my progress in the signature below.

good luck everyone :)

• Like 2