Sign in to follow this  
FreshStart2

Cauliflower, onion and mushroom soup

I made this soup today and it is delicious. Just experimenting in the kitchen I came up with this low cal soup that should be fine on the pre-op diet.

1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped.

2 carrots, chopped.

6 button mushrooms, roughly sliced.

1 brown onion, roughly diced.

1 sachet french onion soup mix.

1 sachet cream of chicken soup mix.

Just throw it all in a big pot and add enough water to just cover the vegetables. Cover and bring to a boil for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer until all veggies are soft enough the blend together.

• Like 2

I love soup and would eat it everyday during winter. I generally roast my veggies first for added flavour and toss in cans of either lentils, chick peas, kidney beans etc and some stock. I keep it in single serve containers in the freezer, ready to take to work.

Yours sounds delish, will make some this week.

The downside for this soup is that is doesnt have a protein, so some beans or lentils would be good. I was going to roast some chicken and shred it in tomorrow night.

I never think to add chicken or meat to my soups, think I'll make some in the slow cooker over the weekend so the meat is super tender. Thanks Leanne

Yum! Definitely throwing some chicken in and making this over the weekend.. Thanks