Little_Birdie

Super Nature: "Super Foods"

Just wanted to let you all know about a great range of products, now available at Coles supermarkets, distributed under the brand 'Super Nature' (I'm not spruiking for the company, just simply discovered some good food at the supermarket!)

The meals I have found are in the freezer section, with my favourite being the Split Pea and Lentil Dhal meal. It's an extremely tasty, not spicy, but appropriately sized microwave meal. The dhal comes with a small chapati/naan bread (which I don't eat). But you can eat all of the mixed pulse dhal for only about 300kCals, 4g fat & 20g carbs. (In about a 260g serve. - sounds like more than half a cup, but it does have a curry sauce base, so a fair amount of curry liquid in there too). Am sure these numbers would be higher if you chose to eat the bread however. Another plus, is that the meals are manufactured by Vesco, which is an Australian company based in WA.

Anyway, just a 'quick meal' option, if people are looking for something relatively soft, portable (am thinking take to work lunch) and very tasty!

P.S Please don't leave a rant type message if this has been discussed elsewhere, as I was unable to locate any info about these products on this site. Thanks.

Enjoy!!

post-20121-0-88081700-1404785826_thumb.jpost-20121-0-44879300-1404785838_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hmmm all the ingredients I'd normally avoid but are so good for me! ha isn't it always the way? But it is grown in WA so it has to be fantastic hehe, I shall give it a crack. There isn't much made in Australia these days, so nice find Birdie, thanks for sharing.

PS If that naan bread jumps into my mouth on it's own, you do realise I am putting any extra kilos onto your scales this week  ;) 

• Like 2

LOL AngelB

'tis only the small fact that I'm allergic to wheat which prevents me from dipping it in and licking the yummy curry sauce from it !!

• Like 1

LOL AngelB

'tis only the small fact that I'm allergic to wheat which prevents me from dipping it in and licking the yummy curry sauce from it !!

hehe I remember your allergy. I couldn't resist the humour though, I struggle with steering clear of the wheat products only because I am a total oinker when I have anything to do with it. It doesn't help that my hubby is a Baker lol!  :o 

Another lovely, yummy frozen food option that I have discovered recently are Italian-style meatballs in Woolworths...cant for the life of me remember what brand they were, there weren't made by 'the usual suspects'.

Very, very tasty and from what I can remember, made from normal ingredients (no 'numbers' or icky chemicals).

• Like 1

Yes Kazbo,

I've bought those in the past for my daughter... I think they're mini organic meatballs? Basically 100% beef and spices with nothing else.

Thanks for the reminder, though I've now perfected a recipe for some really yummy turkey mince meatballs, which have become a weekly staple at our place - sadly now without the sweet chilli sauce and garlic aioli for me :-(

• Like 1

I think they are the ones...meatballs is now a common menu item in my house - who knew?!