Sign in to follow this  
kazbo

Changes to fill adjustment costs - Canberra Bariatric

I was at the clinic yesterday and noticed that they have changed their pricing structure for fill adjustments:

$100 for one of the surgeons to do an adjustment (around $84 refunded from Medicare)

$60 for Steve to do an adjustment at the fill clinic on Tuesdays (around $35 refunded from Medicare)

There is also an upfront cost to see Jason (once you are past your 12 months post-surgery)

That's so expensive!! Do they have their one off yearly payment?

Wow that is cheap compared to what I pay. I didn't realise the clinics charged so differently..... I have to pay $165 for each of my fills unless I go back within 2 weeks and then it's $130 something. It starts becoming very expensive when your like me and getting fills every couple of months. No wonder I have already hit my Medicare safety net.

• Like 1

Bandetto no it appears not. Which sucks arse for bandits who need regular adjustments

Jaydee, Canberra bariatric is based at John James hospital in Deakin.

Jaydee - they generally only do adjustments for their own patients and will not generally adjust other surgeons bands. If you need an adjustment, give them a call and ask.

Dr Steve Jamieson does fill adjustments also for Canberra Bariatric, he works out of the Barton General Practice but I am not sure if he is still taking on new (lap band) patients.