brods

Vitamin/Nutrichew question

Hi all, thought I'd pick your brains for a moment - I just opened my first bottle of Nutrichew vitamins and, apart from smelling like fish-food flakes, I'm just wondering how long it was before everyone started using them if at all? My dietition said its preferable to start using immediately but I've been holding off because I cant work out if they just dissolve in the mouth or not? I'm still on liquid diet until end of next week.

cheers!
Brods

I personally stopped using them a month after I started. they made me feel really lightheaded and yuck after taking them.

I'm a fan of the Vitagummy chewable multivitamins :) they look and taste like lollies.

• Like 1

I have nutrichews...I've been taking them since I got banded 4 years ago. Start taking them before your op if you can. yep the taste is strong but no worse that chewy vitamin c tablets I remember as a kid. Just chew them up or you'll be forever trying to get them to dissolve in your mouth.

• Like 1

Hi brods

I started them the day I got home from hospital and am still taking them. Initially it was one tablet twice a day (as intake is so minimal at first). But now that I have a more nutritional intake I have one each morning after breakfast. I just pop it in and go about my day, it dissolves on it's own gradually and I just crunch away the last bit. I like the flavour. I do agree about the smell at first, but like opening most multis for the first time, it almost knocks you out with the plastic/cardboardy/vomit combined odour of goodness!!

But always remember the trick, if anything tastes bad, hold your nose while you have it as you will not taste it! I use this to get down liquid iron and there isn't much worse tasting than that....well besides broad beans.  <_< 

• Like 4

I started my multi vitamin (Berocca) on the day I started the pre-op optifast and have taken them ever since.

• Like 1

I had berocca as well for the first few weeks and then moved on to mini multis from natures way

• Like 1

thanks so much everyone! Call me thick but I couldn't work out why I would chew them during liquid stage - but I get it now, they just dissolve! I'm not real quick obviously ;-)

Cheers all!!

• Like 1

hi I had the adult vita gumies from day 1 just chewed them up till nothing left. they smell bad to when you open the bottle hold them away from you. I also had the Choc calcium chews to they are good to keep your calcium up :-)

• Like 1

I sucked on them for a while and when they were soft enough, chewed them up. I found the taste funky, and I used to end up with orange lips. I switched to chewable ones, and now I just swallow pills.

If anyone in Adelaide wantsa free bottle of nutrichew contact me.i opened them & with the smell alone I cant do it. I live in the northern suburbs.

^ Yay someone in my area! 

I'm avoiding Nutrichew myself.. going for a cheaper chewable option :-)

At the moment I've gone the Mini Bursts :-)

• Like 1

guys....they are chewable vitamins...hence the name 'nutriCHEW'

• Like 1

What are the mini bursts like, surgeryninja? I don't mind the taste of the nutrichews - the smell is horrid though.

Just ignore the smell. They taste like fake-orange flavour vitamin c tablets. They're not that bad, really!

• Like 3

Well, blow me down! I have been on another course of Vitamin B12 injections (for chronic fatigue syndrome), receiving three injections, each two weeks apart for six weeks, then a break... Have just started my newest course, and weight loss is now zooming along. I had wondered about whether or not the injections would help with fat metabolism, as they certainly assist me with my energy levels. This article below seems to poo poo the idea, but I'm feeling as though the injections (in combination with the band and 1000cal/day limit of course) are really doing that little bit extra to get me moving and hence... losing !!!

See, losers really are winners!

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Vitamin_B12_and_Weight_Loss

• Like 2

Hi I have a spare sealed bottle of "Twinlab brand, Bariatric Support, 60 Chewable daily Multi-vitamin Tablets, Berry Flavour" that I am willing to sell at cost ($12.00).  This is one of the weight loss surgery supplements that I ordered from America and have been having for the past 6 weeks (since my sleeve).  

Use by date: Feb 2016.  Advertised as: “a comprehensive supplementation program designed by Twinlab to provide high quality nutritional solution to help address the specific needs of bariatric patients.† This Dietary Supplement has 
• 100% Daily Value for 12 Important Vitamins
• With 10 mg of Highly Absorbable Iron

I was over-ambitious ordering 2 bottles and since I am now on normal foods, will be ready to graduate to vitamins I can swallow when I finish my current bottle.  If anyone lives on the north side of Brisbane & wishes to collect it or would like me to post it, at your cost, then private message me.