Anon

Need a post deleted due to privacy issues, admin not responding.

I have contacted admin several times over the past few months & have received no reply, I am desperate & need help. I was previously a member of this forum. I had to leave due to privacy issues & I requested for my membership to be deleted & my posts removed. I believe my membership has been deleted however I can still see a post by another member which clearly shows my name & location. I have asked for this to be deleted but it is still there & admin are not responding to my emails. Can someone from admin please help me!

I believe that there was a recent post about this kind of thing, word from Dave was that whilst they can delete a member, they cant delete posts by that member. I recall him saying that the member would need to go and edit their posts to delete the material that they want removed.

FWIW I have also sent a couple of messages to admin over the last few months and have no responses either. Even if there is nothing they can do, it would be nice to have an acknowledgment that it has been read.

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestions but unfortunately I cannot edit the post as it was made by another member. This member has not accessed the forum in almost 2 years so I can't ask her to delete the comment. I don't know what to do. Admin are accessing the forum but for whatever reason they are not responding to my emails. This has been such a stressful situation for me over the past few months & a simple acknowledgement from admin would make all the difference. I just need them to delete this one comment! :(

• Like 3

I hope an admin reads this and contacts you!

(((hugs!!)))

• Like 1

Thank you. Having someone acknowledge me makes me feel better. Now hopefully admin will respond!

I never thought of that! Thank you for the suggestion, I will try now.

• Like 1

Topic deleted. And Kazbo I don't reply to your messages reporting spammers as I just go and sort it out. Nonetheless it is very much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 4

I would like to also add that I don't always reply to reported content as we get so much. I am on this forum checking it every day numomous times, so my apologies if I don't respond to you personally. Anon I had tried on many occasions to delete the posts you are referring to. I thought at first I did but then realised that either i was not doing it correctly or don't have that level of admin. Please accept my apology as I wasn't ignoring you and did try to help the situation.

• Like 1

I'm sure if you don't have a photo and don't have an identifiable user name, surely you wouldn't be easily found.

• Like 1

I checked what came up under my name and thought about, but honestly I don't care if anyone I know somehow stumbles across my info. There's nothing in here that I wouldn't say or show people in person.

I think it would be nice to have a forum about topics of such a personal and private nature to have a bit more "lock down".

I see profiles coming through and commenting, friend requesting and messaging without as much as a word in their profiles, let alone a photo. 

I do understand that there are those wishing to keep it all under wraps for certain reasons, however that covert approach can quite easily come at a cost to others, so who should be more protected?

The only way I can see around it is, the more disclosed your profile/photo etc is, the more access you have to threads, topics, being "friends" and reading posts and to PM. 

It seems almost futile to be a "member" when the pic box is empty, profile is empty, info specific states "Just Visiting", questions are posted and people take the time to respond, only for it to be a one off remark again.

I am in no way criticizing this site as it has been a wealth of info for me and good company at times I've felt alone. My statements only come from a well meant place, many years of running forums and online communities myself and wishing for this to be a sharing, yet safe community for all.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Yes most forums here are public, but due to concerns about privacy in the past, four new forums were created that were set as "members only" - these don't appear at all unless someone is a registered member and are not visible to search engines. (you will note they have "Members Only" in their description on the homepage - they are "Private Members Forum", "Secret Women's Business", "Secret Men's Business" and "Pregnancy & the Band". 

If you want to avoid having your discussions appear in search engines, then please restrict your conversation to that section of the site. 

Please also note that the Gallery, Blogs, Calendar and Members List are also restricted to Members Only and are not indexed by search engines.

Ultimately this is a public forum and it is free to join, so you should always keep that in consideration when using the site. I won't be changing this because over 80% of our users find this site through Google - I want to make sure that when someone looks for help related to lap bands that we come up ... if we don't, no one will ever find us. 

If you want to read more about protecting your privacy online, have a look here: http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ 

Keep in mind that you, and only you, control how much information you put online - you can be as anonymous as you like on this site, as you can on many others. 

Thanks

Dave

• Like 3

i do not have a pic, tried downloading one to no avail but will try again

NOTHING  you put on the internet is really secret!!!!!!! , even in private sections of forums, do not post anything you dont want in the public domain

• Like 5

Just a tip - if your username is quite anonymous to you, it's more difficult to find you through Google.

Mine is not really that anonymous!

If I Google my bandingtogether username it comes up, but when I google my full name it doesn't.

For someone to find you on here, they would have to know your bandingtogether username.

Unless they were really tech savvy - and if they were trying that hard to find you.. perhaps there's more to the story!

• Like 1

I just googled my username (just the username) and the only thing that came up (on the first page at least) was an old Pinterest page, all the other results were, I think, in Russian.

I just wanted to pop back in & say thank you to the members who responded to this post. I really appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you to admin for finally taking action. It is a concern to me that I sent numerous emails over the past few months pleading for help & not once did admin reply to my requests or even acknowledge receipt of my emails. A simple acknowledgement would have made all the difference. But, it's done, I can now go back to enjoying this forum. In future if I need help I will not send a private email but rather post it on the forum for everyone to see, this seems to be the best way to get things done. Thanks again everyone.