Secret Bandit

Now what?! Less fill then when I got my band put in.

So I got a fill last week and it was to much and ended up setting my asthma off badly enough that I ended up in hospital for 5 days and discharged today on high dose steroids (again!) but while I was in hospital the general surgeon came round to take out some fill ("some") and she then pulled out 4.5ml!!!! I have to admit the relief was instant and I've enjoyed eating solid foods again but now I think I only have about 1-2ml left in my 10ml band! That's less than when I got my band out in! (I got 3ml in with my surgery).

So my question is now what? I have two whole entire weeks before I see MY surgeon again and explain this whole thing to him, but what do I do until then? I'm back on steroids after just having 5 days of IV steroids and ready to eat anything and everything in my house as I have no restriction left. (Did enjoy my first burger since March today tho)

Looking forward to eating some red meat tho and getting my iron levels back up.

Thanks for any help, not sure if I should be trying to diet over the next two weeks or what.

Honestly, you could go on Optifast. You could count your calories. But you're on steroids so what's the likelihood of that?

Rest up and relax - they don't keep you in hospital for 5 days for nothing so 2 weeks without fill might be good thing. Stock your kitchen with healthy stuff - meat, eggs, fruit/veg and enjoy eating them liberally while it lasts :)

Sorry to hear yr health was impacted like that by an overfill. It will be interesting to hear what yr surgeon actually thinks about the link between yr asthma and the band...

Regarding yr ability to manage the next few weeks, I agree with above, along with:

Only have healthy options around you

Simply don't buy take away foods

Imagine the band is still doing the job & don't 'unlearn' everything

Try not to use 'steroids' as an excuse to go crazy, the psychological component of knowing the band is looser could also be driving yr desire to overeat

You know what's right and wrong for a bandit by now, so get on with it !

Good luck.

• Like 1

crap...

but on the plus side you can take this as an opportunity to enjoy a larger range of really healthy foods such as fruit, salads, steak, vegetables, stir fries, etc...you know the kinds of foods you need to eat and now is your chance to reintroduce yourself to all those lovely things that have been a little difficult to eat lately.

It's hard being let off the leash, it really is (and I so understand!)

• Like 2

So it's now been 2 days with no restriction - so far I've enjoyed my first chicken burger since pre surgery, enjoyed a homemade "clean" banana muffin and tonight made chicken and spinach wraps for tea!

I'm proud that I have still sayed away from chocolates,cakes,chips and pizza.

I strangely don't feel guilty after eating the things I have eaten and have really started to enjoy every mouthful. Also noticed that I was full after 1 burger, 1 wrap 1 muffin and so on so on. So I think my stomach has shrunk since pre band!

Looking forward to my first steak this week and having a roast tomorrow night with heaps of veggies!

Getting worried that by the end of the 2 weeks I won't want to give up being able to eat properly again! It's so nice getting to use my teeth and getting to eat my food while it's hot and not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see if I'm going to throw up what I just ate.

So all in all I am eating more foods but so far I haven't got overboard crazy and really watching my sliders now that I'm also eating solids.

Steroids make you gain weight either way but I'm trying to tell myself they are not an excuse to eat what and when I want.

• Like 3

Looking forward to my first steak this week and having a roast tomorrow night with heaps of veggies!

Please have a nice crunchy roast spud for me! 

• Like 4

Angel butterfly - your crunchy spud was delicious! Salt gravy and roast lamb! Mmm corn on the cob an broccoli!!! All so good!

• Like 2

ha!! you can go off some people you know!!! lol. ;)

• Like 1

Angel butterfly - your crunchy spud was delicious! Salt gravy and roast lamb! Mmm corn on the cob an broccoli!!! All so good!

Ooohhhh SB!.... *cue song*

"Meeemmmoriesss, light the corners of my mind"

Sounds delish! ;) 

• Like 1

Can't you eat roasted tato's Angel? 

No clue Jell, but I am best not to try. Potatoes and I are not a healthy match lol I can't stop @ one so I am best not to have one. I am adopting the same pattern with bread and some other carbs. Just trying to keep it light and only having them pre-work out.

• Like 3