Zendaya

November 2014

Hi - I am booked in to have my band on 17 November - anyone else being banded in November? Super duper excited - can't come fast enough.

:D

• Like 5

Hi there and welcome. You must be really excited, the wait will be hard. My advice try not to have tooooo many last suppers. I had lots worrying that I may never be able to eat this food again. Well I was wrong I can eat anything if I eat slowly and chew. I have only recently had my 2nd fill and the green zone is in my sights. Good luck!!

• Like 3

thanks Bridgey will do!  how have you been since your banding? have you been done long? how was your recovery and what things did you eat the first week post op?  im thinking of buying a soup maker :D

Anyone coming up in November for their band? :D

Mel - here is the Nov 2014 thread!  yah I have another :D

If we can get everything arranged in time I am booked in for lap band on the 12th November :-)

No just to get everything sorted, cross fingers.

• Like 1

hi mumma poss, that's great! I am a nov bander too, 17th so just after. where are you from and how much would you like to loose?

I am from Victoria, Gippsland and I will be happy to lose 20 kilos but hoping to lose more like 51 kilos. I am 77 kilos over my ideal weight apparently.

• Like 1

wow that's sound fantastic mumma poss, we CAN do this! be nice to have another cyber mate going through this nearly the same time as me! perhaps we can bounce off each other a bit to help us through our rough days, and rejoice in the great days! :-)

im going to start off with 5 kilo chunks, just to make it sound a bit more achievable, lol try trick my brain a bit! lol

Yes will be good. Trying to arrange everything so fingers crossed for the 12th November

• Like 1

ive started a check list mumma poss! but drying myself crazy trying to remember all the stuff I need to put on it! lol

• Like 1

Just wondering if there are any other November 14 banders lerking!? :-)

Hi henry lovely to meet you. Yeah I am being done on 17th Nov, there are a few of us being done in Nov, so it will be a very exciting / nerve wracking time. I am shitting myself too BUT I know this is the procedure for me and my body, I understand it will not be easy, sure I will doubt myself at times, but I will get there one day at a time, I am going to do small goals like 5kgs losses, to try keep it more management and achieveable. Where do you live?

Hi Henry and welcome. Looking forward to hearing all about your highs and lows together with all of us.

I start optifast on the 29th October. Having my bloods taken tomorrow. Countdown is on to 12th November

I am excited but a tad nervous, but I know what I am in for having been banded 9 years ago and having it removed Jan 2014. I am looking forward to losing these 20 kilos I have put back on and the rest I need to lose.

You WILL have bad days and good days but we ALL need to take it 1 day at a time. We didn't put all this weight on over night so we are not going to lose it all over night.

• Like 1

well said mummposs! goodluck with you bloods. I had mine a couple of weeks back and my ultrasound, quack reckons my liver is ok so only have to do opti for 10 days! yahhhh!

I'm in Ipswich Queensland - I was really quite inwardly freaking out over the weekend.  My husband is supporting but keeps saying is this really what you want to do.  Then I talked to my son and he said no one is holding a gun to your head.  I spent lots of time reading the forum over the weekend people who were banded recently and 4 weeks ago and 6 weeks ago, and I became really sure that I am positive this is what I want to do.  I am not telling anyone at work what I am doing so going back to work might be a bit of a challenge with what I am eating at the time.  Its just the waiting game now to time for surgery.

• Like 1

yeah im not telling any work mates either!

Tell them you had a hernia fixed and now yiu are watching what you eat. Tell yiur manager so they can support you, i did and he has been great. I told the hernia tale at work and she was a secret bandit and was onto me.......bandits are everywhere.

• Like 1

I am a stay at home Mum and have started a little business from home so no work mates to worry about. I have told my husband, my Mum and his Mum and Dad and that is all so far. Don't plan on telling many more maybe my sister but going secret squirrel on this one this time.

When I lose the weight and people ask It will depend on who they are ..... may just say its been a lot of hard work and determination :-)

Getting organised as its only 3 weeks away from today ...... had blood tests, ECG and sent hospital forms off to them. Might go for a drive today and pay the money and pick up my books etc that I get in the price I pay. :-)

Downloaded a few kindle books onto my laptop and have already read 1 and on to the next one. Made a list of things to get and I better order my optifast today as I need to start taking it next Wednesday.

Last time I had the band done I was called and asked if I wanted the week earlier as a spot came available :-) but not much chance of that as would need to start optifast today.

Glad we have a few in here for November and I am sure there will be a few more join us soon :-)

• Like 1

oh mumma that's awsum! well done.

hey what things do you recoment stocking up on before you go in for your op? picking your brains as I know this is your 2nd time round... me - im quietly popping myself but I know I will be fine and "man up" lol

I didn't have to do ecg thingie.

Tell them you had a hernia fixed and now yiu are watching what you eat. Tell yiur manager so they can support you, i did and he has been great. I told the hernia tale at work and she was a secret bandit and was onto me.......bandits are everywhere.

oh I do like that one duckie! I am going to tell me girls who are only 7 that my belly is having an op, all they need to kknow really!

Things have changed a bit since I had one done 9 years ago. But soups that can be blended to liquid and then mush when you move stages.

I will be living on soups, casseroles etc turned into liquids, milks, smoothies etc I hate yoghurt (the smell makes me ill) let alone the taste. The thread you started is great and tells you all you need :-)

Just paid for my surgery, so now I have my books etc and will do even more reading. Can relax a little now.... until next Wednesday when Optifast starts (ordered that to just before).

• Like 1

What a day I have had with NIB omg I cant believe it.  I changed a couple of months ago from HCF where I knew I was covered for this surgery because I had already been approved for it.  So I ring NIB today just to find out what I need to do on day of surgery re excess etc just so I have all my I s dotted and t s crossed.  Now they say no you are not covered you have to wait a year WT.  I was assured over and over and over before I changed that I would be covered for exactly the same.  After spending hours on the phone yo-yoing between the 2 I am now waiting for NIB to give me a difinative answer tomorrow.  Now I don't know if my surgery is in or off.  Instead of coming home and eating something I cleaned the house though - so that has to be good. ARGHHHHHH  Anyone else had issues with NIB?

• Like 1