Zendaya

November 2014

thanks Mel going to try it today. hey what day did you kinda feel you could get back to normal? like kids to school and stuff? I am about 50% better than yesterday .... the getting all the fluids down I hard hey? what did you get down on day 2, 3 and 4 mate? I have made a hot chocolate, letting my berroca go flat in 150mls of water, then might try a sustagen tonite, I have 300mls of water to sip on throughout the day too..... it really hurts if you go to fast hey. 

HI Zen

On Day 2,3,4 I was having a flat berocca, water, Homemade cup of minestrone soup blended for luch and dinner and say a glass of Ice tea or juice each day. Not much at all, just made sure I sipped the water. Im 2 weeks out tomorrow and I only eat once a day. I have hardly no hunger. I have a skinny Cap each morning, they at say 2pm a tin or tuna ( if I have lunch, otherwise no food until night time). Dinner is small amount of fish or chicken and a soft veggie. Water all day. I had my op on a Thursday and by Monday I was doing school run . I think having a solid 4 days of doing nothing, My mum Had my girls, really did me the world of good. I have found no issues with any type of food yet but on some days I do have that terrible gas pain in my chest. I need to find a way to relieve it before it builds up. The interesting thin was on day 3-5 I was quite hungry but then it just went away! Weird!

Rest up

Mel x

WOW mel sounds exactly what I am doing!   I feel 100 times better today than yesterday, could actually wash the dishes and picked the girls up from school today, so very proud of myself for ventering out! DH has taken them out to the river to ride their scooters so I just got their bath ready, not ready for scooter outing just yet, mind you im only 3 days post of.  that shoulder pain has subsided a tad.

what stuff did you get through in your fluid only stage chookie?

today I have had an opti, weight watches hot chocolate, 400mls water, some really runny home made chicken soup pulsed up in my magic bullet, and one berroca let to sit and the bubbles die. I seem to be going to the dunny okay so that's a good sign.  I add benefibre to nearly everything that I have, it mixes in well and is not gluggly like Metamucil can be.

apple juice I had 50mls of apple juice today too.  its all adds up hey! :-)

henry mumma and milly how you going gals? good I hope.

Hi Zen

On Liquids, I did Home made Soup, Sugar Free Ice tea, had one optifast. was okay but I was never really hungry enough to have it again. Made smoothie with Skim Milk, Low Fat Yoghurt and fresh Fruit, ( strawberries & Blueberries). Peppermint Tea and water. :)

• Like 1

yeah about the same here, I am going to try peppermint tea for brekie soon.

Wowwww, what a roller coaster. The last few days have been so intense. I might write a blog post about my experience. I'm barely drinking much at all, just trying to keep hydrated. I went for a walk around Carindale yesterday which went really well. I've also got Endone for night time. Shoulder pain has subsided and I'm feeling heaps better. I've been sleeping and tucked up on the couch most of the time when I'm home, so happy that it's all done. Eeeeep, hope everyone is well. xxxx

• Like 1

Feeling so tired still so trying an iron supplement to see if that helps as I was low iron but not worth doing anything about I was told when it was checked a year ago or so and now only on fluids I have not had much iron at all so will see if that helps at all.

oh I agree missmillie it sure is a fricken roller coaster. same I cant sleep flat in bed yet so my recliner in lounge room is my best frined at the minute.

My surgeon never sent me home with any scripts, reckon I would need them, and so far I haven't, I stopped taking liquid panama yesterday and today I seem fine, just cant lie flat which is annoying at bed time as my sleep at night is broken about 3 times, but I find I have to get up walk around the house a bit anyway to rid some gas. 

you are doing great!

Oh  mumma hope your body perks up soon, nothing worse than being bloody tired 24-7.

I m off for a slow waddle to mums properly next door now (about 1klm away) have a good day everyone.

Hi :)

I had my band done on the 4th of November, I guess you would have just had yours?
I found it really painful the first few days but I was lucky enough to heal fast, I go back to work today :(
In my first 2 weeks I've lost about 7kg :D! I haven't set a goal yet but I think I need to lose another 17kg, good luck with your recovery :)

• Like 1

Hi Ika,

Welcome aboard the November banders group.  I had mine on 3rd so just a day ahead of you.  Well I went back to work for the second time today - hopefully will be better this time lol.  I feel so much better today than I have been.  I cant report any great loss so far but I have had a false start so hopefully I will see the scale going down now. 

• Like 1

hi ika and welcome.

have a great day back at work henry, hope all is going well in the number 2 section mate!

I went to town today and popped on the scales at chemist lost 5 kgs already!  really stoked about that. even bought a new pair of walking shoes for next week.

hope everyone is going well - check in soon gals / broads!

• Like 1

Hi all, feeling better today yay!!!

Had the yummiest mushroom soup for tea and a spoile of slice of ice cream cake as it was a special day today :-)

Hope I continue to feel this good or better.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR BB FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow ice cream cake - im jealous!  yeah im feeling better with each and every day.  had my friend come round yesterday to change a couple of my wound covers, she reckons they look great.... me, I find it hard to even look at them, gross!

have you been on the scales mumma?

cant believe out DH's have to go back to work Monday, that's sucks hey! 

• Like 2

Zen thanks lovely lady :-)

Hubby has a RDO Monday but back to work on Tuesday. My Mum has my 3 year old on a Tuesday so a nice quiet day for me :-)

See my Surgeon on Thursday arfo, so she what he says but Mushies is due to start mid week :-) looking forward to a mushed up mixture with veggies.... yummy.

Henry and anyone else on mushies already what are you eating?

Ika welcome to the group :-)

I am feeling better so did my nails today, gee I have missed having nice nails lol (the small things we get used too)

• Like 1

oh that will be nice for you mate! rest up while you got the opportunity!

my DH is back on a weeks night shifts from Monday, but my sweet mum is only next door should I need her.

Pretty uneventful here today, feeling better everyday, still struggle getting enough water in but put some lemon juice in today, im thinking I might change my multi vits on Monday too to those suggested mini chew ones. might try walk a bit further tomorrow, just scared of doing damage inside if I strain too much.

I loved the pickie of those nails, super jealous, I would love a set like that!  maybe my 10kg present to myself huh!?  lol

• Like 1

Mumma my mushies got a bit thrown out with the 2nd hospital stay and "that" problem.  Everything I shove into my mouth now has to contain some sort of fibre.  For breakfast and lunch I have been having 1/2 cup fig yoghurt with fibre cleanse for dinner 1/2 cup mushed vegies with gravy and 2 tsp olive oil.  I also had some creamed rice and prune juice yesterday mid afternoon.  I've also been drinking pear and prune juice but I really am struggling when to drink as after I have eaten I don't want to wash the food out of my stomach with liquid.  I know I haven had enough water the last couple of days having trouble pushing it all in.   I am not feeling hungry at all.  The dietician said that will need to change to include protein when I have the other problem sorted.  So I will stick to my yohart for breakie but bring in protein for lunch and dinner.  I have got some mushed up meals in the freezer in 1/2 cup bags so will move onto them next week.  Then the following week I can try bringing my salad back in for lunches.  I've just come home from my work xmas party.  I took my pear juice with me to drink and didn't have any of the food - and they had some nice finger food noodle boxes and fish and chips.  Least I have a bit of an excuse now I have told everyone at work I can only eat soft foods to my "problem" is moving along lol.  It was soo bloody hot here today I hung out at the shops just filling in time looking for xmas pressies.

• Like 1

oh henry so glad to hear things are finally going well for you mate!

I sip some pear juice daily, only about 30mls but it seems to do the trick, followed by a few sips of cool boiled water.

Everything going in is runny so I guess its to be expected that most days everything coming out is liquid too! sorry TMI :unsure:

• Like 2

Zen yes most of mine has been liquid too :-0

Kids are decorating the Christmas Tree..... letting them do it as they are excited and the right age :-) A bit early but we just found the tree and decorations, so before they get lost in the garage or shed its being put up.

Nearly back to normal here. Being careful though as I do not want a flipped port or anything. Will see surgeon Thursday and check I am right to do everything again (heavy lifting etc).

Got lots of cooking to do next week for our kinder cake stall, so will be very busy late week.

I haven't lost any weight which I am really pissed off with.  In fact every day I am gaining, which I cant understand why when I am only eating 1 1/2 cup of food a day.  I just needed a little rant boo hoo BOO HOOOOOOOO.

Hi Henrywashere

I feel so bad for you, it would be devastating to be gaining weight eating so little. Maybe you are getting a lot of fluid retention? I think it can be a bad trap to 'overweigh' yourself as well... I have decided only to do it when I go to the doctors. I'm 6 days out and feel like I have lost weight but dont know about scales.

Maybe you should call your doc and let him know whats going on? 

hope you get some losses to see you through :) 

Welcome to the group Brizkate :-)

Henry its recovery time so don't be to hard on yourself (hard I know). When do you see your surgeon?

• Like 1

uhmm must be fluid  henry??

im like brizkate I only weigh  myself at chemist in town or dietician, I don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself every time I got up in the house so I choose not to have scales at home.

• Like 1

Kids are decorating the Christmas Tree..... letting them do it as they are excited and the right age :-) A bit early but we just found the tree and decorations, so before they get lost in the garage or shed its being put up.

We do ours on 1st Dec as a rule, but hey when kids are little who cares, I love seeing their little excited faces the night beform santa comes! so cute. ours are a bit older at 7 and 9 but all 3 still belive in sanata! yahhhh!

• Like 1