Zendaya

November 2014

Yes we used to always put the tree up after the 1st December but since we found it and before it get buried under staff in hubbies shed we put it up. Kids were thrilled :-)

One last day with DH home.... then he goes back to work tomorrow.

I tried a yummy bowl of mashed up sweet potato, potato, carrot and gravy it was yummy. Made enough to have today for lunch and tonight for tea before my last AGM with the kinder as president :-)

• Like 1

OMG mashed potatoe, Im super bloody jealous! Im going to buy some potatoes tomorrow just in readiness for the upcoming weekend - yahhh! even mashed carrot at this stage sounds fanbloodytastic.... lol

My friend (who is an in home nurse) came over today to check out my wounds, all healing up really good, took the pads of, figure I would be fine, am day 9 tomorrow.

• Like 1

I was told take them off after 7 days so yep all good Zen. Mine look great too :-) Rubbing some Vitiman E oil on them twice a day now.

Just made 2 cakes for supper tonight at the kinder meeting, but I will be leaving come supper time :-)

have fun mate.

I have to do 28 cup cakes for twins to take to school Friday week for their 8th bday.

Hey Zen I will swap you.... I have to do a massive bake for our kinder cake stall next Saturday lol, so 28 cupcakes would be easy :-)

Well after cake stall next I am official off the kinder committee :-) served my 3 years as president so time for a break.

Will be interesting as going out for tea in 2 weeks with the old and new committee... what will I eat?

fish n vegies? mashed potatoe! lol

no thanks Im not baker the cup cakes will pull me up! might even put the twins to work the day before and make them help me make them and ice them.

take you own sustegen!  :P

Go the quiche mumma - just eat the filling, or maybe lasagne and just eat the mince part.  I am starting to be able to have more solid foods just gotta chew chew chew.

oh that's sound divine henry quiche!  *NUM NUM SALVATES HEAVILY*   :D

how have you been doing Henry, everything "MOOVING"  along nicely chookie?   hope so.  did you put your scales in the car boot then!?? ;)

well last nite was my first full sleep in my very own bed, super happy, DH on night shift so no snoring, and no nausea, pain, just great ole good quality rest ..... yah.

im venturing into town today to walk around coles, as its too hot over here in QLD during the days now (up round 38) - I figure a bit of walking up and down in shopping centre with air conditioning will be good for me and my circulation. I don't wanna faint.

Has anyone herd how Yvette is going? Mumma have you?

Have a great day baking / nailing it Mumma :D

How are you feeling today Brizkate, we are 8 days post op now - woo hoo!

Have an awsum day everyone!

• Like 1

Hi Zen

Had a bit of a stumble yesterday. For some reason I thought I could go back to work after a week. I was there for 3 hours and then had shocking pain and had to go home and visit the doctor.

Went to the appointment and advised my symptoms and the Doc was amazed I had gone to work - so I have to be off work for another week. I feel well enough to work from home though so I am going to do that.

I had the worst back pain for some reason all day yesterday but feeling good again today now and staying in my loose comfy clothes loafing around the house :)

oh brizkate you poor thing!   I did think only a week away from work with the sleeve might be very hard on your body - you rest up mate, Im still at home this week.... back next Monday, Im feeling pretty good, started my walking back up yesterday, only went 1klm not my usual 5klms but I don't want to do any damage to my insides so slow and steady will win this race, my calories are still below 1000 a day (I use myfitnesspal) - just sipping away on my cold water now to try at least get 700 mls down each day.

I have back pain too, but stupid period arrived today, that will be my reason why back is sore.  hope you feel better soon mate - heat packs?

Hi backpain is gone now. It's great that you are walking, I'm doing nothing other than lying in a chair/sleeping :)

It will be nice to be active eventually although not in this heat!

Well I have been back to the dr today - I am feeling really disappointed and disillusioned.  I am 3 weeks post surgery and have lost no weight - and I know I have had a bit of a rough trot - but really thought I would loose something.  The doctor syringed out about 150 fluid from around the port site which has got rid of the huge lump I had.  I have been eating 3 x 1/2 cup food a day - sticking to the letter of what the dietician recommended.  He said well if I am not loosing any weight I need to eat less.  Now I have no idea what I am supposed to eat.  He told me to stop taking all the stuff for constipation that the dietician had me on.  He says it doesn't matter if you don't go to the loo for over a week - what the!!!!!! I just feel like I can eat nothing but lettuce leaves for the rest of my life.  I know I am being a pity princess and just need to suck it up - but this is not what I expected. 

I am so sorry to hear that henrywashere it would be so hard not to see the scales move and be eating so little my heart goes out to you. Remember there could be loads of reasons you aren't losing weight is there anything medically that you could rule out with tests etc?

A girlfriend of mine did the Wesley weight management program and lost so little after 6 months she was doing meal replacements and following the diet and the dietician just kept saying keep going or eat less. So frustrating and unrealistic when you are eating nothing in the first place. Sometimes I think dieticians are dicks.  Really who says it's OK not do take a dump for over a week full knowing you were in hospital for constipation!!!

Maybe the constipation is contributing, food is building up in your bowel and maybe slowing your metabolism etc? Fluid?

I would go and see your Doctor and share your concerns and ask for some solutions - don't accept just eat less the health professionals you are working with should be giving you more than just a flippant 'eat less' and shoulder shrug, you deserve better than that!

Kate I did see the doctor today - the dietician has been very sympathetic to me.  While I was in hospital the second time I ate nothing but a couple of jellies and 1 salty soup and left the hospital 2kg heavier than when I went in there.  It shits me because I don't think doctors believe you they just say if you are not loosing weight eat less.

Henry sometimes we need food to lose weight. If we are not eating our bodies go into starvation mode and hang on to fat as it thinks it will never get a feed again.

Hang in there darl :-)

• Like 1

I agree with mumma, I don't thinking stripping everything from you diet is the way to go ..... how confusing for you. Lets try the little walks mate? what hours / days do you have to work?

Kate hope you are feeling a bit better today.  Well I went into my day still with disillusionment at the whole shebang.  I am agreeing with everyone about body going into starvation mode with hardly any food.  I decided to just keep plugging away with the dieticians plan and see if I could talk to her.  She has just rang me back tonight and agrees that stripping your food back to even less is not the answer.  She thinks I am probably still holding onto a lot of fluid from all the bowel prep that I drunk in hospital.  I will just keep plugging away and hopefully see a movement with the scales soon.  Oh and I put on weight again today grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

• Like 2

oh crap bugger bum about the weight, youd think a bit would have come off by now considering your false bloody starts hey!? .... keep on keeping on mate you can do it. are you back at work hen? doing some little walks mate?

Hi Henry

How stressful! Can I ask, are you getting hungry with the band? Do you wake up hungry? Do you have the 3 x 1/2 cup of food per day because of hungry or because of what the dietitian is subscribing? I went to a workshop with Helen Bauzon ( Dietitian at Prof O'briens Clinic) and it was fantastic. I am happy to share any info with those who are interested. Just Message me. Henry I hope you don't mind these questions I'm just wondering what where you are sitting with the band at the moment.

Mel x

• Like 1

Saw my surgeon today for my follow up from surgery and all good. Booked in for a fill in 3 weeks time :-)

Loving the mushie stage better than the liquid for sure. Had yummy slow cooked venison and vegies all vitamised together for tea, was yummy.

Feeling so much better too.

Weighted on surgeons scales and according to his scales and records from pre op I have lost over 13 kilos.... my scales are saying more like 11 but hey happy with that. :-)

Going to do measurements Saturday I think.... will be interesting to see how many cms I have lost :-)

• Like 1

Hiya, been reading from a distance. You are all doing so well and managing with life too..... first meal out was hard. Depends where you are going, but try soup, risotto. Congrsts to you all.

• Like 2

I went to a workshop with Helen Bauzon ( Dietitian at Prof O'briens Clinic) and it was fantastic. I am happy to share any info with those who are interested. Just Message me.

Hi Mel I will PM you now mate, love to hear any advise!

Hi Mel,

The dietician actually is saying m/tea a/tea and supper I am only having the 3 x 1/2 cup because I doubt I could get anymore in.  I haven't been hungry to yesterday.  I have been having berocca before I go to work - then 1/2 cup muesli and yoghurt at 9.30ish to 10, then 1/2 veges about 1/30ish then dinner 1/2 cup 7-8ish.  I am away from home for 11 hr during the day for work - when I get home I am pretty much buggered and don't feel like doing much at all.  Just a few house chores and I am ready for bed. 

saw my dietician today, she advise 6 small half cup meals each day, but max of 800 calories... not sure that's enough calories but we shall see.

Sunday I practice run with my puree's as I go back to work Monday and don't wanna embarrass myself there should going go wrong with my grub.

How have you guys transitioned into puree stage? love to hear any advise/suggestions.