Zendaya

November 2014

Zen no worries at all transitioning onto pureed foods. Had a very yummy scrambled egg for lunch :-) Loving my veggies and meat pureed up, very tasty.

Much easier to as I cook in the slow cooker every 2nd day and then make veggies and feed family and then blitz mine up and have 2-3 meals from that one dish :-) easy as.

• Like 1

yeah I love my slow cooker too! off to make some mashed vegies today and freeze small portions for work.

A Miracle has happened - I actually lost weight 2.5 kg since op.  The last couple of days I have been eating more food and had a loss this morning.  So much for the surgeon telling me I had to eat less.

Going to dietician this morning I start solid food after that - yeah solid food lol.

• Like 4

WOO HOO! congrats Hen well done mate! long time coming but your body obviously just needed a bit more time (and some more tucker!) keep up the good work.

My dietitican has me on about 900 calories, we will see how that goes, I am back at working Monday. I am on 5 small half cup meals a day with my sup and still not feeling hungry so that's good I guess.

• Like 1

Yay Henry, we said it would happen.... just had to eat more and be patient. :-) So happy for you, makes it easier now hey.

Been busy today.... but feeling over it and tired. Miss 3 is being trying and she is tired so not helping. Can't wait to cook tea and fall onto the couch and veg watching TV ..... if there is anything worth while watching that is.

Making a Nacho dish tonight, so having mine layered and the mince ground finely or mashed up, sounds yummy I think. Pity I can't have the corn chips with it :-(

• Like 2

Oh how exciting hen! I started on puree sat and had my 1st mashed potatoe and sweet potatoe yesterday... With some mashed avo was a lovely change from liq. How much water a day can you get down? I'm into pepp. Tea I'm glad dietician said that adds to my fluid intake. Back to work for me tomorrow.

I'm still struggling with the fluids Zen.  I even stopped drinking tea and coffee cause I couldn't work out when to have it lol.  I think I might have had 2 coffees last week and I used to have about 4 while I was a work.  I have a 1 ltr bottle on my desk at work and try to get through it while I am there.  Its not that I cant swallow it - I just don't want to wash the food out of my stomach with the liquid while I am feeling full.   This morning hubby and I went out to the markets - I normally have the little dutch pancakes there - so I meet hubby in the food court and he says do you want to share the pancakes - I was like no I'm not hungry and it would only be eating for the sake of eating.  So I feel like that is a little victory.  I had a small skim chai latte, which the dietician told me yesterday was a good choice cause I need to keep up my calcium as I have oesteoporis   I'm going to make my salad for lunch in a couple of mins so hopefully it goes down ok.  I am not having trouble swallowing anything at the moment but might be a different story after my first fill on Tue.  The dietician told me the dr normally puts in 4ml at the first fill - I am finding out more info from the dietician than the doctor.  You ladies must all be moving onto mush soon - mmmm mush lol.

• Like 1

I am finding peppermint tea really good daily hen. have you ever tried it?

had some mashed potatoe again today with mashed baked beans, really enjoyed it, and only a teeny bit til I was full as a goog.

good girl for ditching the pancakes woo hoo!

how did ya salad go?

HOpe everyone else is doing good.

Oh Henry a Salad sounds good.... how did you go?

I have had a busy few days, espically today. Have been cleaning and moving stuff out of the garage and into the shed so mush to go through and move. Garage sale at some stage next year. Feeling tired and worn out now but at least I got a few things done :-)

My Nacho tea and left overs for lunch was so yummy. Chops in the slow cooker tomorrow for tea yummy. Loving the slow cooking as its easy and we all eat it, even if I vitamise mine with vegies.

Salad went down fine I had 1/2 vegetarian chick pea pattie, some beetroot, tomato, cucumber and spinach leaves.  I am hoping that after I have had my first fill next week I can still get my salad down ok.  Tomorrow for lunch at work I will have the same but with some chicken breast.  I love my salads I normally have 1 for lunch every lunch and sometimes for dinner also in the hot weather.

Its a bit hard trying to work out the shopping as I need so little of everything.

• Like 3

Sounds lovely Hen!

Yeh I like my salads too but was not sure it is was on the agenda once we were banded, so that's good to hear! do you have to chop it up real tiny?

Well Im back to work today, feeling good, packed my small lunch bag with me, not hungry at all still so band must be doing its thang.

Have a lovely day everyone.

ps. AB loving your new ticker, very cleaver! :-)

Hello November people. My op was November 18th. I just joined this site a few minutes ago so still working out how to navigate.....

I didn't have a band, I had gastric plication, but im not sure where else to go for support. I'm Australian bit I live in the Czech Republic. My clinic has its own forum, but it's of course all in Czech :-(

I'm a mother of beautiful 2yr old twins and feeling very alone right now as I'm do far away from my Australian family.

• Like 2

Welcome Wombatski, how is your recovery? Not 100% sure on your operation so will goggle it when I get a chance :-)

Glad every one is going well. Can not believe its the 1st of December already... Christmas is fast approaching us. Got to do some shopping (mainly for kids, as its all about them).

Hi wombatski and welcome aboard.  There is a lot of help and support here just dive on in.  Being a long way from your home and family is difficult - post anything you feel like here - the good the bad the ugly. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. My first week was horrendous. I was supposed to be in hospital 24-48 hrs but they kept me from 7am Tuesday to Saturday night which was a shock. I found it all really difficult as I have 2 yr old twins that I'm struggling to lift but it's getting easier each day. I messed up on the weekend. I'm supposed to be on fluids only until tomorrow but in a weak moment I ate a piece of pork :-( I was uncomfortable for about 4 hrs and paranoid I'd busted my stitches but mostly sick in the stomach hating myself for messing up so early in the game. Should start mushy food tomorrow. How do you all cope with mentally wanting food?

• Like 1

That is quite the stay in the hospital wombatski! 

As for mentally wanting food, yes, sadly that doesn't really fade completely. For me, I use distraction. Of course I have removed the "danger" foods for me out of my house lol and only gave myself healthy foods especially initially. But keeping myself busy and exercising has been a large part of fighting off the head hunger. Drinking water helps me too. Albeit much smaller amounts than prior to the band. 

• Like 1

Thanks Angel. What kind of exercise dud you do to start? I've asked Santa for a gym membership. ...bit I have no idea what to do once I get there :-( I'm ashamed to admit it's been eons since I worked out.

• Like 1

Hi wombatski

I haven't really found that I am craving particular food at the moment. I'm pretty satisfied with 1/4 cup meals and I'm sticking to the recommended textures because I am terrified of getting a leak and busting stitches. When I see someone eating something sometimes I feel like that would be nice to have but I just remind myself that no food is worth having a leak/infection and potentially dying and sabotaging this surgery which has been a pretty painful journey.

Remember if your on mushy/purees you can just blend the pork up. I had lamb roast the other night pureed to a smooth paste and it was delish :)