Zendaya

November 2014

Work going ok thanks ....Two days in now only a sore back by end of the day, early to bed tonite. Still not hungry at all but my dietician has me on 4 small meals a day around 800-900 calories. Can't believe I'm 15 days post op already! Hope my brain stays tricked forever! Two Co workers commented on my weight loss today so that was great....6 k's gone since surgery. Can drink easier now too thank goodness.

• Like 2

Wombatski -I have been lucky so far and haven't really been that hungry.  Try to stick to your recommended stages as you want to give yourself the best start you can.  What have you been having on the liquid stage.  I had some cuppa soups, fruit juices, cups of tea and water - its a bit hard if you feel hungry though I was lucky I wasn't. 

Well I had my first fill today.  Dr said I already had 2 mils in from surgery (which I didn't know) and he put in an extra 3.  I had to go wait outside and drink a cup of water without any hassles.  Well the first swallow I needed to burp straight away but couldn't get it out.  I could feel the water sitting in my throat and slowly going through.  I had to go back into the dr and he took a ml out.  Water went down easily then.  I have been on fluids for the rest of the day.  Mushies tomorrow again.

• Like 2

Thanks Angel. What kind of exercise dud you do to start? I've asked Santa for a gym membership. ...bit I have no idea what to do once I get there :-( I'm ashamed to admit it's been eons since I worked out.

To start I just kept moving. Small walks around the hospital, then around house, and progressing to around the streets by day 3. At home I lifted small 1kg hand weights as often as I could. By week 2 I was on a recumbent bike, but did over do it on the bike, so I do not recommend vigorous bike riding. My surgeon advised I waited like 6 weeks or so before entering a pool/the ocean.  After the 10 week mark it was "swing from the chandeliers" he said lol

Since then it has been swimming, boxing, HBF Fitness classes, walking, some jogging, water aerobics and bike riding. I wouldn't join a gym personally until I was at least halfway to my weight loss goal. Only because for me, I need to feel I will definitely have the energy levels to attend regularly enough to justify the horrific prices they charge! 

Paying the high price to guilt me to go doesn't work. I need to feel like I can physically do it to benefit from it first. I am nearly there, then perhaps I will investigate it further.

Good luck!

I was thrilled to find out I have lost 27cms in a month :-)

Hope you all are well and enjoying banded life now we are over the surgery.

• Like 1

Hey mumma well done that's awsum mate! Well I had my 1st post op apt with surgeon today hoped on scales minus 7 k's really proud of myself. Booked for for possible fill next visit, he said that as I am not hungry and have had a large loss in 2.5 weeks not to worry about fill yet...its like my brain is tricked....Once a pig thinking of foot 24 7 now have to remind myself to have half a cup....enjoying it while it lasts. ..feeling back to my normal self now too....took a little while....now to get my walk on! I bought new walking shoes as my gift! 😀

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I was banded on the 21st November (2 weeks yesterday) I have lost 5.5kg so far, can't wait till I can can go for my post op appointment on the 22nd dec to see if I can get a fill, as I'm already feeling hungry. This is second time around for me as my last band slipped.

With the first band I started at 110kg and got down to 60kg had band out in November last year & when I went back in to have it done on the 21st I weighed 95.7kg, hoping to get back to 60kg again this time.

My BF and I are going to Hong Kong in March for a holiday and I'm hoping to have dropped a fair bit of weight by then, my goal is to eat 3 small meals and exercise everyday, I am determined to get this weight of again!!

• Like 3

Hi miss debb I'm zendaya I was banded on 19th Nov will be post op 3 weeks mon. I had my 1st follow up with surgeon yesterday lost 10 k's since my opti fast diet. ..nearly back in the 80 ' s ..... I'm still not hungry so no fill until I need it which may or may not be 16 Jan . Wishing u all the very best mate.

Well done miss deb, great weight loss. Fantastic to have that wonderful trip to look forward to. Me being banded next week. ⛄ï¸

• Like 1

Goodluck wolf wishing u all the best mate.

hows all the nov 2014 banders going?

I am well back settle into work. have my next dieticians apt tomorrow, so will be interesting to see what I weigh!

hope you are all doing well.

• Like 1

Hi Zendaya,

Yes back into the swing of things for me too, I'm a sales rep & do a lot of driving, I am finding if I sit for to long I start to get sore but I just push through it.

According to my scales I am down to 88.6kg so down 7.1kg and not quite at the 3 week mark yet. Still can't really stomach breakfast but eating ok at lunch and dinner... Can't wait to be able to eat normal (non mushy) and have salads :)

Hope everyone else is doing well x

• Like 2

I can't wait for my dietician appointment Monday so I can move onto soft foods... Purees are so 2014 for me right now, I am ready for 2015 and chewing my food!

• Like 2

I've decided the scales are my worst enemy = needless to say I am still rather disappointed in that direction.  Stood on the scales this morning 400gm less than surgery day.  I am still eating hardly anything at all.

Remember it healing time Hen, it will all happen soon. Don't be disheartened. And eating "hardly anything" only turns the body into starvation mode and it will store fat instead of discard it so keep eating/sipping etc.  :) 

• Like 1

Hi November peeps. Hope you're all doing well. I'm feeling a little low as 3 weeks out and the scales still aren't moving :-( to be honest I'm not doing much exercise as I have twin 2yr olds and I'm knackered all the time but I'm hardly eating anything :-/ I'm a bit worried about myself that I keep falling off the wagon. I'm supposed to be on puree but I keep having little bites of food now and then. I'm just craving biting something. I was recommended mash potato by the nutritionist but I can't manage that. Makes me feel to heavy. It's meat that I keep craving which is weird as I'm an ex vegetarian and every time I 'cheat' it's pork! A food I normally hate. This week I ate ham. I'm not normally a rule breaker. Don't know what's got into my head.....

yah just had my 2nd apt with dietician and down 2.2 kilos in last two weeks since I have seen her. Things going well and that's without mayor exercise, I am working up to my walking again, only doing 15mins a day just while things are still early.

BRING ON SOFT FOOD MONDAY! yah ... cant wait to make mini meatballs in tomoatoe sauce and mini quiches ... who hoo chewing!

hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 2

wombatski I have twins too, mind you mine are 8 now not 2 - yrs old twins are such hard work arnt they! I have 3 in 2 years ... talk about busy! my eldest is now 9.

• Like 1

honey we all fall off the wagon every now and then - the most important thing is to get yourself up, dust off and get back up on it and move forward - remember tomorrow is always a new day. you can do it!

• Like 1

Wombatski  I had my surgery on 3 Nov - yesterday when I stood on the scales I was only 400gm less than my day of surgery so I know how your are feeling.  But in saying that the scales may not be moving but my size is strange as it sounds.  I can get into clothes comfortably that definitely were a no go at the time of surgery.  Tonight I notice that a bracelet that I wear all the time that had become quite tight is easily sliding round my wrist and I can slip 2 fingers between it and my wrist.  Did you take any measurements before your surgery - would be an interesting comparison.  I find that not being at home (where the food is) is easier.  I pack my lunch to take to work and as that's the only thing available that's what I eat for the day.  Maybe you could do something similar - in the morning work out what you will be eating for the day and pack it into a lunchbox and only eat that.  I am lucky that my children are grown up and have left home and therefore there are no snacky things anyway. 

Its bloody hard and we wouldn't have had WLS if we could loose weight easily you just need to hang in there and do the best you can.

• Like 1

How have you been kate?

Omg what a busy day I have had today - I am absolutely buggered.  All the family come here for xmas (and I do all the cooking) so I have been busy on the back patio getting it ready.  I have plastic drop down blinds like you see at coffee shops so I started out to scrub them down.  My son and his girlfriend came to help me work on the yard.  I have a huge pond 6m x 4m that I have been progressively cleaning out over the last 2 weeks so we could change the liner.  We pulled all the rocks away from around it replace the liner and put all the rocks back and filled it up.  I can hardly walk - who needs the gym lol.  I tell ya if I step on those bloody scales tomorrow and I have no lost any weight I will scream.

• Like 1

Wow I'm tired just ready your post hen! Those scales have to move after all your hard work!