Zendaya

November 2014

Hey Zen

Feeling tired today... Had my 2nd appointment with dietician and I'm in the 70's so pretty happy about that.

Ate some dragon fruit and turkey with cranberry for lunch - chewing is not underrated :)

I'm going to start some light exercise on Christmas holidays. Hope you and everyone else is doing well

• Like 1

Woo hoo the 70 ' s - congrats mate, I dream of that, my goal is 75. Chewing is good hey. Yeah I get tired sometimes and if not at work I try nanna nap, which is now much harder with 3 little girls on school holidays.😕

• Like 1

Hello All, Been a while but I have been busy and got a new laptop so only just now logging back in :-)

Been busy with the kids and at home. Had a massive day last week and cleaned out my 6 year olds room and vacuumed it and then did my 3 year old daughters room.... I was stuffed after that and had a sore lump under my left breast (all good now). So my lovely DH told me via text message to rest and do no more, I wanted to clean the family room and make my sons bed (as I had stripped it) but was told no hubby would do it that night. 

Then the next day I cleaned up the family room, but slipped on a toy and fell to the floor doing the splits..... ouch. Limped around that day but other than sore strained muscles for 3 days I was ok. Funny the cleaning has now halted after that :-)

Have my first fill tomorrow night (need it) as I am hungry and have put a little weight on (under 1 kilo) i think. But not stressing yet.

Getting organised for Christmas.... Lunch at our place then tea at my sisters. 

Glad to see you are all going well. Will try to be regular again on here.

Hey mumma lovely to hear from you. You poor thing that's sounds very painful! Hope u are on the mend soon. Goodluck with your first fill. How has the soft food stage been treating you? I'm great loving my baked beans scrambled eggs and mash potatoe....its nice to chew again. I'm still not hungry which I'm thrilled about, my wee band must really be tricking my brain. How many calories do you have each day?

I had half slice of ham off the bone yesterday was lovely and moist. Even tried a few wholegrain crackers with cottage cheese and avo.

• Like 1

I'm so excited I'm back onto solids tomorrow! And then have my first fill Tuesday so hopefully I won't go stupid with food over Christmas! But down 8kg in 4 weeks so very happy with that hope everyone else is doing good

• Like 2

Fill went well, had 3.5 mls put in. Had to have some fluid sucked out from around port area first then the fill, so had 2 needles in total. mush tonight (so had scrambled eggs) and feeling content. Back to normal foods tomorrow yay.

I had put on under 1 kilo but total lost is around 12 then so happy with that. Will be more now we are filling the band to that sweet spot we all crave.

I have been continuing with my crazy xmas cleaning, every second day to give my poor body a rest day in between.  Who needs the gym  Unfortunately it has all now come to a grinding hault.  I was in the pond cleaning around the sides and decides to pump out the water and put fresh in as the filter hadn't been used and it had gone all murky.  So I pump out the water and then have to quickly turn off the pump after it wont pump out anymore - so here and I supposedly jumping out the pond quickly slipped on the slippery mat and came crashing down almost knocking myself out.  I keep thinking I was going to pass out so called my Dad who decided an ambulance was needed.  So now I am nursing 1 broken and 2 cracked ribs.  Cleaning finished!!!!!  And I have been really proud of myself that I have been doing all this work and my body hadn't given out on me yet.

How is everyone else going with the Christmas preparations?

The "Home Hero" carpet shampooer and I have been on a carpet cleaning frenzy.

For a little guy,  with pre-spraying and taking it really s l o w l y, it's actually done quite well.

Not as good as a professional clean, or hiring a cleaner (Rug Doctor Or Britex), but I didn't have anyone to help me shift furniture, so could only do it in sections.

My house, now I am not working those 2/7 and paying the price with my wellness envelope, is starting to look less feral.

• Like 1

The "Home Hero" carpet shampooer and I have been on a carpet cleaning frenzy.

For a little guy,  with pre-spraying and taking it really s l o w l y, it's actually done quite well.

Not as good as a professional clean, or hiring a cleaner (Rug Doctor Or Britex), but I didn't have anyone to help me shift furniture, so could only do it in sections.

My house, now I am not working those 2/7 and paying the price with my wellness envelope, is starting to look less feral.

I hired a Rug Doctor from Bunnings just a couple of weeks ago. First timer and it was hmm interesting. I found changing the water out as much as I had to rather frustrating though. Not due to dirt, it just runs through the machine and it's gone! Anyways, carpets look sparkling now so it did a good job.

Christmas shopping not completed yet but all in good time. I'm pacing myself ha!

Merry xmas November banders - hopefully you will all enjoy the company of family and friends and enjoy your day tomorrow.  My fridge is groaning with food - my sister and I have been whipping up a storm all afternoon - hopefully everyone will take all the left overs home with them.  Its all pretty healthy though 2 roasts and salads.

• Like 1

all the best for today too Hen! and all the nov crew! our fridge is relatively empty, we went to in-laws for xmas lunch, bit of ham, 2 prawsn and some smoked salmon cream cheese roll thingie my sis in law made, was lovely with 3 crackers! okay have to admit to one midori drink (bottle one) oppss 271 calories, but hey it was only one and it is xmas day! lol

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have all had a fantastic day!

I had a great start to my day, my darling boyfriend brought me a Garmin Vivofit so now I can track everything & have had so much fun using it today!

On the food side i ate just under 1200 calories, said no to chocolate & lollies & no alcohol. I did have a small piece of Xmas pudding but also managed a 2.5km walk and did my weights session... Today with with bf family & have to do it all over again tomorrow with my family, but I am going in with a positive attitude knowing I did it today so I can do it tomorrow as well :)

I had/still have a shocking flu on Christmas so pretty much had no appetite at all. Still feeling terrible and hoping I won't spend the whole holidays sick.

Anybody else been sick since surgery and had a huge amount of nausea? I'm waking up and vomiting and feeling nauseous when I don't normally now and I never do with the flu. My husband has the same thing and he isn't sick in the stomach..

Sorry to hear you are sick briz. Can you top up on some chewable Vit C? I felt fluey a few weeks ago, got stuck into the Vit C (that was my anaesthetists suggestion for anytime a bandit felt fluey) and I made sure I was taking my multivitamins. Sometimes I forget that and boy do I feel like crap. I hope you feel better soon. Oh and lemon/lime  in hot water is fabulous!

Hi November banders - just wondering when you eat do you feel full.  At the start I was just staying to the 1/2 cup per meal.  Last time I went to the dietician I told her I was starting to get hungry and she said I could start eating more.  But I really am still staying with probably less than 1 cup per meal but I don't feel full - like the xmas dinner fullness that was described before I had the surgery.  Dietician said when I have more fill I will feel more restriction but isn't that just with the amount of food than can fit through the band?  I haven't ever had the feeling of don't eat another mouthful or you will pay for it feeling others describe?  I am still struggling with when to drink - you wouldn't think it would be so hard.

Hi Henrywashere, I guess this is apart of the learning curve of the band, I read somewhere that people have always eaten until they were full where really we should stop when we're not hungry anymore. I have found that if I chew my food and eat very slowly that there is a different between full & not hungry. So I guess what you need to ask yourself is once you have eaten your food are you still actually hungry? Or just not that full that you feel sick? I only have 2mil in my band and have found that I have been eating a bit more then I was 2 weeks ago but still trying to stick to eating just a little bit of food. The more fill you have should help you to get to this point quicker.

As for drinking the I think the rule is 15min before a meal and 30min after, the reason for this is if you drink a lot before you eat then you will fill up on liquid and won't eat as much food (which you need food) and then if you drink once you have eaten you will make the food more sloppy and fit through the band easier and it will take more food to fill you up.

I hope I am right in the way I understand these things, but if I am wrong someone please correct me.

How are you feeling lately brizkate? You poor thing.

Hen I use a bread and butter plate for all meals and a teaspoon. Debs comments make senses to stop and ask if u are eating cause old habits or hungry...its bloody hard some days hey.

It was just the fullness feeling that I was questioning.  I don't think I am overeating and I am not eating to I feel full as I haven't experienced that - I was just wondering if others banded in November had the full feeling? I am doing the small plate etc.

How's all the November banders going? I am really struggling with losing weight...

I am just over 6 weeks post op & I've gone from 95.7 to 87.5 (8.2kg loss) 7kg of those lost in the first 2 weeks. I have been calorie counting for the past 2 weeks eating between 800-1200 calories a day, I do cardio 7 days a week (this is PLUS my 10,000 steps a day), strength training 3 or 4 times a week. I keep a diary of everything I eat & every bit of exercise I do. I eat healthy & only 3 times a day, no snacking, I even go as far as weighing every piece of food I eat from the amount of coffee in my morning coffee to the salad I eat with each meal.

But I just can't shift my weight... I know your all going to ask if I have taken measurement & no I haven't but I can tell from my clothes that they are still as tight as they have always been.

I'm lost at what to do, I have 2ml in my band and have another appointment next week to get anther fill but am a bit worried as I already struggle to eat my 1200 cal if I get more in the band I will eat less..

I have just started the c25k today, I start my first boot camp on Wednesday. I am going to keep going with all this for another few weeks to see how it goes but I'm afraid if I don't see some results soon I will just give up...

Any advice is welcome :)

Hi Henrywashere

I was banded in October and get what you mean. I have never felt full like OMG I've eaten too much. I don't think I'll ever feel like that. I have 5.5 mls in and really don't think I could have any more restriction. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask about it.

Milly 😉

• Like 1

MissDeb - if you have lost 7kg in the last 2 weeks how can you be struggling to loose weight?  Sorry to sound negative - with all that exercise wouldn't you be gaining muscle?  I dream of losing 7kg in 2 weeks - I dream of losing 2 kg in 2 weeks - hell at the moment I just dream of loosing something.

Hi Henrywashere, no sorry those 7kgs were lost the first 2 week after the op since then in the last 4 weeks I have only lost 1.2kg actually in the last 2 weeks I have lost 200g. Im not sure what is going on, I keep everything in a diary & am going to see my dietician tomorrow, hopefully she will give me some tips on where I am going wrong....

• Like 1

im down 14kgs all up (but that does include the 4 I lost on two weeks of opti) I don't have huge amounts to loose and therefore am very happy if I only lose .5 or .2 each week, I only walk a few times a week about 5klms, and due to family issues at the moment even that is taking a back seat for the minute, but still not real hungry and only eating twice a day, enjoying fresh grilled salmon and zucinni slice and stuff. im just uber excited to be back in the fricken 80's! lol

I think we are all doing a great job! remember ladies we didn't get porky overnight so won't lose it overnight either. I rarely weigh myself too, don't want to become obsessed and consumed only by weight loss. Another 14 off and I will be happy really, giving myself til the end of this year realistically.

have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

I've only lost 2kg since my surgery but Im loosing size I lost 10kg on opti - which as dietician explained was partially water weight as I didn't loose size in that time.  I have lost 10cm off my waist measurement since she took first measurement so even though I wish I was loosing weight I am happy with that.  I want the miracle oh well but need to be happy with what I have.