Zendaya

November 2014

You are doing great Hen! its a race hey not a marathron... I really need to exercise more but with mum sick and taking care of 3 kids and keeping two houses running (plus work) Im so bloody tired at the end of each day .... oh well you have to do what you have to do hey!

hows all the other nov bandits buddies going?

• Like 1

You are doing great Hen! its a race hey not a marathron... I really need to exercise more but with mum sick and taking care of 3 kids and keeping two houses running (plus work) Im so bloody tired at the end of each day .... oh well you have to do what you have to do hey!

hows all the other nov bandits buddies going?

The know the irony of that Zen? If you do find a bit of time for some exercise, it seems to give you more energy and you do not feel so tired by the end of the day. I too was feeling exhausted, and I started walking at night (well it's been as high as 44C here in Perth this week) and despite being drained by the day, a walk at night has given me this bizarre energy boost. The first one is the hardest, but you can do this. Plus it's a good "mental" escape. 

• Like 2

I had my second fill today of 1ml - made absolutely no difference - the dietician tells me its not to you get to about 6.5 ml that it will though.

I revise my no difference statement.  As I was eating mushies I hadn't noticed any difference.  Today I was having a bit of a chick pea patty and didn't chew it enough obviously - felt if sitting in my throat and went oh that's how its supposed to feel chew more and eat slower.

The know the irony of that Zen? If you do find The first one is the hardest, but you can do this. Plus it's a good "mental" escape. 

Thanks AB I know I can! I have been doing my 5klm walk last couple of days now mum is home Im not as stressed, and I have found it great for my mental state as well as physical.

Chew chew chew Hen!

• Like 1

Had my first stuck moment today - went to the pictures to get out of the heat and ordered food in the lounge and was paying more attention to the movie than the chewing.  It was a bit scarey actually I was like mmmm what happens now should I try and bring it back up wait what - hubby said do you want me to go get you water and I was like um I don't think I should shove anything behind it.  Passed in about 10 mins but wouldn't like to make that a regular occurrence. 

oh no hen you poor thing! glad it passed in ten minutes. I am dreaded my first one, so far so good, I eat REALLY slow as a rule anyways but sure to forget it one day and suffer for it. someone told me pepsi max is good, but I dunno, I wonder if that may upset the band - a lot of gas in those tin drinks hey!

what movie did you see chookie? I have not been to movies in ages!

Went to see the Hobbit.  It was so bloody hot here yesterday we needed to go to the air con somewhere.  I was even tempted to go into work just to be in the air-con.

Omg I cant believe I just did it again - a friend rang and I obviously wasn't thinking and swallowed some chicken obviously not chewed enough.  FFS how stupid can 1 person be after just saying I wouldn't want to do that again in a hurry.   OMG don't anyone else do it chew chew chew FFS.

• Like 2

I had first stuck moment last week, after getting the first fill, have had a few since.  Trying to figure out what is the most cause of it, I seem to be fine in the morning and afternoon, but not good in the evening have to be very careful.  Also I need to stop when I get the first sign of it, and not try a few more bites!!

not a nice sensation though.  It has only happened me at home though, as I really stick to mush stuff if I am out with people, or soup. Had breakfast meeting this morning in work and had porridge and it was perfect.  So just have to take note of the things that are affecting it, cabbage and lettuce deffo not working well for me, leafy stuff seems to cause me lots of probs so staying away from all that.  Really miss lettuce!!!!

• Like 2

Chew chew chew is the mantra. Your first stuck moment is an eye opener, my first pb nearly did my head in. Where does all that spit come from? Thankfully only happened at home except for once st work at 7am. Only one other at work who thought i had spent ages in front of the mirror!I stick to mush when i am out. My problem food is white bread, scones or muffins. Seem ok with all veg and meat except chicken.

I only eat chicken so if I cant get it down after my next fill that will be a problem. And leafy stuff is what I eat hmmmm hopefully that doesn't happen to me Wolf - how bout baby spinach leaves - the dietician suggested that to me if lettuce was a problem.  I must say up to now I haven't had any problem with swallowing anything.  Still waiting to feel the illustrious "full" sensation the dietician tells me is coming.

the fricken excess salvia gets me.... its soooooooooooooooooo gross! thank god mine passed pretty quickly, I just get up and go outside and walk around.

• Like 1

I had first stuck moment last week, after getting the first fill, have had a few since.  Trying to figure out what is the most cause of it, I seem to be fine in the morning and afternoon, but not good in the evening have to be very careful.  Also I need to stop when I get the first sign of it, and not try a few more bites!!

not a nice sensation though.  It has only happened me at home though, as I really stick to mush stuff if I am out with people, or soup. Had breakfast meeting this morning in work and had porridge and it was perfect.  So just have to take note of the things that are affecting it, cabbage and lettuce deffo not working well for me, leafy stuff seems to cause me lots of probs so staying away from all that.  Really miss lettuce!!!!

Hi Wolf

Leafy veg used to cause me issues too and I love my leafy's. Now I am ok with it, but I am more inclined to shred it then fold up a leaf and eat it. As we cope better with softer foods, it's easy to cook the daylights out of veg, but sadly the nutritional value can go out with the water. I now steam almost every veg I eat so it retains it's nutrients and it is softer for me to eat.

The only foods off the cards for me these days is al dente pasta (an italian restaurant nearly choked me to death a few weeks back on my Mum's birthday damn lol), bread (not toast) and I had my first, and last crepe during the week. I shall spare the details of that very ugly event.....

• Like 1

I wore a pair of pants today that I couldn't get on without lying on the bed to do up a month ago.  My weight still now really shifting I go up and down 4kgs all the time.

• Like 2

woo hoo way to go Hen that's great news mate..... one day at a time honey.

I had my 4th fill on Thursday which took me to 6ml - following by an emergency unfill on Friday of .5ml.  When I had my drink of water in the surgery afterwards it felt quite girgly but I was like maybe this will settle down because I am still not really loosing any weight - I am still going up and down 4 kgs since my surgery date.  I had a terrible headache Thursday so went to bed Thursday night with migraine tablets.  I didn't get up to about 9ish on Friday and tried to drink a glass of water with more tablets but it just sat in my chest like a bus was parked in my throat.  I rang the doctors surgery and got told no dr there he was in surgery ring his nurse who also wasn't there, she said ring again by 2 if no better.  It went down probably about 1/2 hr later and I went back to bed.  I figured by 2 I should probably try to swallow something to see what was happening as I didn't want to be in trouble over the weekend and I had a teaspoon thin yohgart which also sat in my throat like the parked bus so rang again and got told to come straight in.  Had 1/2 mil taken out and now I am fine.  Its hard to believe that 1/2ml could make such a difference.  I woke up today still with the headache (which is probably because I had hardly any liquids on yesterday).  Hopefully I might start to see some weight loss.  I was speaking to a friend last night who studied nutrition as part of her home ec teaching degree and she said she really feels what I eat isn't soley responsible for my weight as I take a lot of strong medications for my back.  I don't eat any junk food or takeaways - I just struggle with my weight while eating very healthily.  I was out with a friend of mine 1 night at 7.30 and I said boy Im hungry and she said so am then she told me all she had eaten that day was 2 pieces of toast - she is a big girl bigger than me.  I really feel that people naturally assume because you are bigger you live on junk foods all day every day.  Oh well rant over I better go do the ironing as the ironing fairy seems to have lost her way to my house.

Well I think I may have found the illustrious green spot - after my fill and unfill I have not felt at all hungry over the weekend.  Friday I stayed on mush and yesterday and today I made my breakfast smoothie at about 11ish and didn't feel at all hungry until I made dinner for the family.  Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.

• Like 1

Me too. This is serious. Will be chdcking food origin from now on.

Hi hen so glad to hear u are going well mate! hmmmm I have frozen berries from aldi a home not sure where they originate from but...will check packet when I get home from work! Must admit have not consumed any in a few weeks as shakes do not really go down well with me.

Had fill number 5 on Thursday.  I don't know how much fill I have and don't really care as its all just numbers.  But I think this might be the magic 1.  My weight has been very slow to change since surgery in November - but I hit a big milestone yesterday into double figures yeeha - so that is 17.5 loss since the beginning of my journey. Surgeon thinks 80kg is a good final goal for me as I am almost 6ft - numbers do my head in (is that why I work in accounts payable lol)  I don't want to get caught up in numbers and am happy just to keep loosing.  When I had my surgery I had it in my head that I wanted to be under 100 before xmas - I think its just set me up for disappointment so I don't look at goals of so much before this date as long as I am going down I will be happy.  I don't feel hungry at all in the mornings and just have my berocca with tablets.  I have been having a green smoothie which I make before I go to work but haven't been drinking it to lunchtime.  Last night I just had a 3inch square piece of homemade pizza for dinner.  I sat down with a handful of grapes later in the night but I think they may be a bit of a no go as I could feel them being stuck after eating 2.  The other day I chewed some up and spat out the skins - gross really but didn't get stuck lol.   I bought myself a really nice outfit yesterday on the end of summer sales.  Hubby and I are going to the pictures this arv so I am going to wear it - he even took photos of me to send my sister who lives away.  I never normally let him take my pic as I hate to look at them but let him do it willingly lol.  Hopefully all the November banders are all still trucking away merrily and seeing good losses.

• Like 2

hi all nov 2014 guys and gals! sorry I have not been around much, mums been very very sick in hospital ALOT.  I have not lost any weight in last few weeks but I have not gained either so that's a bonus, no more fills for me til my stress levels reduce.

hope you are all going well, love to hear from everyone! xo

Hi Zen good to hear from you.  Sometimes you have to do what you have to do concentrate on your mum plenty of time to loose weight later.