Zendaya

November 2014

Glad it went well Henry, Keep us posted with how you feel and how you are getting along. I think it was pretty hopeless of the hospital to serve you that food!! Thank goodness you knew what to do!

Mel

what the hell!? t hey put you in maternity ward? OMG did you get any sleep you poor bugger?

Wonder why you have one big incision? sure the quack had good reason.

so glad you are home and resting up with puppy dog, great to hear all went well mate, and I hope the shoulder pain is easing.

hows the fluids going down?

Good news henry. Walk and fart, that will help with the shoulder pain.

love you duckie, straight to the point... note to self to remember this! :-)

• Like 1

Reposting Surgery dates

3rd Henrywashere

6th Melizoo

12th Mumma Poss & Yvetteb (Same Hospital Same Surgeon)

17th Zendaya & MissMillie

Let me know if you need to be added to the list so I can that for you :-)

Melizoo you are up next, tomorrow is your big day. How are you feeling? So excited for you.

• Like 1

Hi Melizoo are you all systems go for tomorrow - good luck - hope it all goes smoothly.

Thought I would write up my liquids so you have an idea of what I have been doing.

I got home at about 5.30 yesterday.  I made up a optifast at about 6.30 just with water no ice and poured in into 3 glasses and sipped it over 1.5 hrs.  I also had some prune juice over 1/2 hr and keep sipping on water in between.  I took a bottle of water to bed and sipped on it when I woke up during the night - I always have problems with headaches so don't want to get a dehydration 1.

This morning I have done the same with optifast.  If anyone is wondering about medication I have been able to get mine down with no issues.  My shoulder still hurts more than my port wound which is looking quite good.  Im a bit windy but better out than in hopefully will get rid off the shoulder pain.  I'm just sitting on the lounge lolling about. I had a good nights sleep last night, took endone before I went to bed but haven't taken any this morning.  They said to only use it as needed.  Zendaya I didn't realize I was in maternity to the morning after the op I only heard a baby at 5am after they came and did my obs - the nursery was at the opposite end of the ward to where I was and its nice looking at babies anyway lol.

• Like 1

Oh Henry you are meant to be recovering not ironing work shirts lol

Can not believe it is only 1 week and I get my turn.... hope the week flys by :-)

• Like 1

oh henry I am so pleased to hear everything is going well. I was thinking of you at work today! lol

Well yes, babies are way nicer to look at than any other ward in a hospital I guess!

I agree with mumma poss, no more house work yet and definitely no ironing! go snuggle up with that pooch of yours on the couch and read trashy mags and watch some trashy tv, that's what I will be doing. lol

I told my work today I am taking two weeks off for "medical procedure" that's all they need to know, hope the medical certificate they give me does not state why!?!? yikes! I am a VERY personal bander, only my sweet supportive mum and hubby know. even my kids will only know its an op on mummies tummy, that's all they need really, they are only 7 and 9.

Hope mel is doing good, look forward to hearing from her when she is up to it.

hows ya opti goin mumma poss? I have been sticking to it , but occasional I do have 80g of protein like small tin of tuna with my allowed salad stuff, so very proud of myself! have you tried the berry crunch choc bar? OMG they are yummie, I could eat 10 of them (uhmmm there in lies my problem and why I am such a porky pie I guess! ) - I think I am odd, I like the shakes but sure I will be sick of them over the next week and a half! lol

I have come to like the choc shakes with fridge cold water a good handful of ice a few drops of peppermint essence and blitx up well in a blender. Yummy. I tried a vanilla today and 1 small taste and it went down the sink...yucky.

Would happily have an optifast choc shake done as above after surgery but I couldn't live on them :-)

Have taken my lovely gel polish nails off (that's what I do from home) only started a few months back so slowly getting a cliental. Will get hubby to take my toe polish off before Tuesday night..... gee nude nails look weird.

Happily surviving on shakes for breakfast lunch and after tea (have stir fried vegies at tea time) but might just try a shake only tonight. See how I go. I guess if need to later I can have a carrot :-)

Countdown is on for all of us and I am excited for us all. Bring on our Banded days we are all ready, willing and able :-)

Enjoy the rest before real life kicks in again....

• Like 1

@ mumma - why the heck does poor ole hubby have to remove you toe nail polish? gross, poor bugger! lol nude nails, that's funny, I never get my nails done, I have horses and cows and outdoor pets that are always running amoke, hence I spend most my time outside giving the girls their riding lessons on their ponies and capturing the naughty cows and chickens that seem to think the grass is greener on the other side of the bloody fence! its like a zoo here! I would love pretty long painted nails with that nail art stuff on them, one day, maybe that can be my none food reward when I get rid of 5 kilos.... lol

see I like the vanilla shakes, strange huh? give banana a whirl its nice too.

im having a caramel shake with eggplant, tomatoe and mushrooms in some garlic with a sprinkle of curry powder, just done in non stick fry pan, pretty yummie... sure I will get sick of it after a few days but, thinking of trying that mock bok choy thingie tomorrow, did that taste ok?

thanks duckie!

Yes that mock san chu thingo was nice. Well worth a try.

Hubby is nice and takes them off and paints them for me.... to hard with all the fat tummy in the way, straining to paint, cut and remove polish. He is a sweetie he actually started doing that for me years ago and he even offers :-)

A lot of surgeons and anaesthetists let you keep your nails on these days as they are so common! Enjoy the pampering from your hubby though Mumma Poss! ☺ï¸

The paperwork I got said all nail polish must be removed....ah well best to be safe than sorry :-)

Twas the night before banding..... and Melizoo is getting NERVOUS!!!   Thanks Henry for the all the info in your post, you sound like you are doing really well. Gee I HOPE nail polish is okay because I have Gel Acrylics on! They are short and pal white/pink, so maybe they wont notice  ;)

I will definatley post a progress report as soon as I can, I really don't know how knocked about I will feel so I will just have to wait patiently and see.

Mel X

that's sooooo sweet! yeah mine says no jew. or nail polish. not that I ever wear any. I wish!

goodluck tomorrow Mel, you will do great!

Thanks Zen...Fingers crossed

I can just feel how nervous I will be tomorrow, but Im really looking forward to it even though I have been having some " shit, I hope this works" Feelings. I've done the homework, I feel prepared but I just Really Really want to succeed!

Will update you as soon as I can

Mel X

• Like 1

Good luck Melizoo I asked my anaesthetist about the nails and she was fine with them- lucky me! Will be thinking of you x

• Like 1

The reason they ask you to take of your nail polish is to see that you have blood fill coming back into your nails when then press down on them.  Its a test to see if you may have a clot.  That being said I didn't notice anyone do that to me but I don't remember being in recovery at all which is where I imagine it would happen.  Mel maybe you should take some nail polish remover with you and just take the polish off 1 nail if they ask you to.  I think its probably more important for your toes than your fingers.

Had to take acrylic nali off, one each hand, put them back on a week later. Felt normal again. Then had unforeseen op on the mouth, off they came again, diff anesthesiologist too. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm lying here waiting to be done at 9am. Staff fab, the professor in a good mood. Not long now

😀

• Like 1

Best of luck Mel, I am excited for you. I will also be in and out all day waiting to hear from you :-)

I was in emergency with horrible gastro a few months ago and they said they have trouble with the oxygen finger probe reading right if you have acrylic or proper gel (false) nails but gel polish like shellac is usually ok. But for op's yes they like to see the natural colour under your nail beds :-)

I am happy to remove them if it means surgery happens on time etc.... I have now lost 5.2 kilos :-) Happy with that and can't wait for the rest to come off after banding next week .... yay next week it mine and Yvetteb's turn :-) Bring it on I am ready.

• Like 1

Pretty good Mel I've started exercising a lot this week as I'm not liking the scales already! Despite eating much less they aren't going down much but I'm sure it will happen once I get a fill next week... I'm using my fitness pal every day which is great to keep each of the three meals at around 300calories... Where are you on the list ? Or you may have been done already !?!? Best wishes and we look forward to hearing how u went

Milly x

• Like 1