Zendaya

November 2014

I'm using my fitness pal every day which is great to keep each of the three meals at around 300calories...

Oh milly I have only just started using fitness pal too on my phone, I love it, can track my walking, water and intake of grub - I agree! Great to hear you are excercising a lot this week, I think it all helps, any bit of moving we can do. I tend to walk mainly but hope to up the anti a bit once I am a bit fitter, its just so hard carting all these flab around *sigh*

Good luck Mel sending you get well vibes and a safe smooth sailing op, nail polish or no nail polish! lol

have a great day everyone.

• Like 2

Hopefully you don't feel to bad Mel when you get back to the ward.  Congrats Mumma on the 5.2 its pretty amazing hey.  My husband told me not to have the surgery just stay on the opti forever lol.  I stood on the scales this am I am 1.6 down from Monday.  Im actually having trouble getting all the liquids down.  Havent been interested in having tea or coffee since I came home.  I am feeling a bit frail today but I have only just got down the first opti.  Endone is my friend maybe when my meds kick in for the day I will feel a bit better.

The hospital has not long called, I am scheduled for the afternoon on Wednesday so have to be at the hospital by 11am, but call at 2pm on Tuesday to confirm this :-) I can have a light breakfast before 7am then fast. No idea on when I am booked in for surgery. Last time I arrived by 7am and was booked for 11:30 and went in at 11:45 so will be interesting to see if its a log wait again or sooner.

Wow getting closer now.... so excited.

• Like 1

yeah mumma - get into a good mind set and get all your supplies in for sipping on.  I went and go some cuppa soups today as I am a bit over the optislim and juices - feel I needed something a bit savoury.  Hopefully we will be hearing from Mel soon and that everything went well for her.

• Like 2

Thanks Henry. Yes have a few things together already and will get more on Tuesday.

Yes waiting on news from Mel too :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Henry. Yes have a few things together already and will get more on Tuesday.

Yes waiting on news from Mel too :-)

• Like 1

not long now mumma! great to hear you are super organized, I too am a bit of an organizing freakie person! lol

wow henry well done on the loss that's great, any number down is great in my book. hope you are feeling a bit more steady tonite. its weird im day 3 on opti and I have the worst freakin head ache and so dizzy, a usual side effect for unfortunately ... lets hope by day 5 it nicks off.

I can have a light breakfast before 7am then fast.

That's good mate, might help you settle any nerves hey!?

• Like 1

I think I will just have the usual Optifast before 7am and then will be getting everything ready including DS ready for school and can do school drop off. So that will fill in a few hours and we will need to leave by 10am to get there by 11am.

Asked Mum to make me a soup on the Wednesday. She is looking after DD and will do school pick up and tea etc for her and kids.

(DS means Dear Son and DD means Dear Daughter) in case you didn't know :-)

nwar what a lovely mum! I have a good one too, we are very lucky hey. my hubby has his week off from 17th so that's good, he can take girls to school and stuff.

thanks for the terminology, I did remember that from an old forum I used to be on with multiple twins... funny some of them hey.

Zen we are lucky with lovely Mums and Lovely Husbands :-)

My hubby is taking 2 weeks off as he wants to use up his carers/sick leave as he is looking for work elsewhere and won't get paid out for that if he leaves.

Lovely few days here so getting prepared and making sure everything is washed and away and cleaned up so I don't need to feel like I should be cleaning etc. I hope DH keeps up with the dishes and washing or that will drive me to do them.... I have warned him already lol

How's the headaches/dizziness going Zen?

morning mumma! thanks for checking in on me. I am still feeling a tad dizzy but just had morning shake (caramel) and some Metamucil tonnes of water, and that seemed to perk me up a lot, least I don't feel like fainting now! lol . I am going for an hours walk now before it gets to hot.

your DH sounds wonderful, mine is great but is no house keeper! but in saying that he fences, helps out with the girls and their ponies and builds lovely stables and house extensions, so I m happy with that, my mum is good she helps me out a few times a week and happy to help me out when I get home from op. I made vege kababs last nite wanna see them? I took a photo of them. .... tee hee hee

hope to hear from mel soon.

I cant believe your D day or should I say B day is next Wed, OMG it creeps up fast don't it.

Yes waiting on news from Mel..... we are stalking you Mel lol hope you are doing great :-)

I had 3 shakes yesterday, water and a diet coke that was all. So proud of myself :-)

Zen - Are you taking a multi vitamin like what you will take after the op? I read to start on the opti faze so have been. That might help you?

• Like 1

Yeah mate I take one berroca! Thanks for that though, I am feeling much better this afternoon, just riding out each day as it comes.

I had some coke zero today too, that's funny! good on ya girl, proud of you chookie :-)

Mumma I was only have 2 shakes a day and still eating normal food eggs for breakie chicken and salad for lunch and protein and veg/sal for dinner I would pass out if all I had was 3 shakes I am sure.  Well except that is what I have had this week after the surgery.  Don't wipe yourself out too much before your surgery.  Hope Mel is ok.

Thanks Zen

Henry my instructions are 3 Optifast a day with as much vegetables and salad as I like. I did have 100g of salmon pan fried the other night and it was delicious. Then I had a shake an hour or so later :-)

Yes I hope Mel is ok too

Had a new client come to me and have her toe nails and finger nails done and she is so wrapped she has been a heap of business cards and already had lots of comments on them, so wrapped :-) I do admit they look great.

Im Back....

Hi Everyone. Well its over and was no where as bad as I thought it would be. Woke up in recovery with some pain and was given meds via Iv Drip. taken back to my room, felt very minimal; pain, had no more pain killers until I went to bed that night at home at say 7pm. I did take an Endone as I wanted to sleep all night. I have had very little gas. I read on a US nurses website that if you get on your knees and put your bum higher than your chest , gas rises and it results in farts!! Well it works!!!

I have pretty much no appetite. Today I have had I berocca, after fizz gone, 1 glass sugar free Ice-tea. 1/2 cup purred minestrone soup and water.

Interestingly the Professor has changed the time until your first fill to only 3 weeks. He gave me this info at the hospital. It says they were finding people were getting really hungry by week 3.

So even though I am relatively pain fee, I do feel really tired and am just sleeping when I need to.

I hope everyone is well, and once I read your posts I will then replay personally.

All the best and thanks for your support

Mel xx

PS. Feel free to ask any questions  :)

• Like 1

Hi Mel, Glad to hear it all went well and you are home resting and feeling good.

What did they serve you in hospital to drink?

Hi Mumma

They just gave me water. Nothing else. I guess I could have asked but to be honest water was enough. I had my IV in from 9am until 2pm so that was giving me fluids, maybe that's why I didn't really feel like anything?

Congrats on your 5.2 loss, that's a fantastic result and still 4 days to go.

Mel x

• Like 1

Thanks Mel, I am happy with the 5.2 so far. Have had so much trouble this year with trying to lose weight (story of my life) but as my Mum said as you get older it gets harder. Hopefully on the right path now so yay me. :-)

Wow yes only 4 more days of Optifast... eeecccckkk that is coming around fast, thank heavens lol

• Like 1

Ok Zen tried a coconut chocolate Opti and it was ok. :-) Still prefer the peppermint with the Choc but hey I tried it and it was ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Haven't been to the post office yet sorry darl so will post Monday or Tuesday at the latest :-)

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are home Mel and doing ok - I have absolutely no appetite at all either.  I rang the dietician today and she said to try to get in 3 optifast and just keep sipping water for the rest of the day.  I have had 2 today and 1 cuppa soup and I am pretty much done lol.  I think I have had about 600ml water cause I don't want to get dehydrated but its really a task to get it all down.  I stood on the scales tonight and I have gained what the - come on - oh well I figure its fluid that's my story and I am sticking to it. 

• Like 1

Hey Mumma! that's fine honey buns, no hurry whatsoever. I have not tried the peppermint in the choc yet, uhmm might do that in the morning, sounds nice and I do have peppermint essence. Good girl trying the coconut rough, I loved it, and was dreaming it was a real coconut rough, strange hey.

Oh Mel I am so thrilled you are home and resting, thanks for the tip on the farting, definatley have filed that in my mind.

Well day 5 tomorrow for me with opti, its okay, less headaches and dizziness today thank bloody god, its horrible when your head is pounding all day! OMG the noises my tummy is making is STRRAAANGE, gurgling away, but I am not hungry, basically just having my 2-3 shakes or bars, and free low starch vegies, its weird. I have no idea what/if I have lost weight as I have no scales in my home, but will go off to my WW meeting next wed and weigh in there.... been about 3 weeks since my last weight in so that will be interesting.

Henry, I have herd its very common to gain some weight in the first few weeks, as your body is healing, this is another reason why I don't want scales in my house, I think I would drive myself bloody batty. have you managed a little exercise yet or are you still too sore? I hope to get back to walking within a week or so, but will see how my body goes and cross that bridge when I get there.

Have had so much trouble this year with trying to lose weight (story of my life) but as my Mum said as you get older it gets harder.

AGree mate, also after you have popped out 2 or 3 kids its so much harder to loose weight as well, I had my 3 in 18 months of each other, crazy, I think my poor ole body is still in shock, mind you that was 8 years ago, hubby says I cant use that as an excuse anymore but I think it is harder.... lol