Zendaya

November 2014

Henry it can be the swelling and fluid but one day you will hop on and bam there is the loss and it will keep happening with the right lifestyle changes.

Zen yes as your hormones chance and you get older and closer to menopause you always have trouble and after menopause too.... damn weight. But we are on the right track with the lap band :-)

Have lost 5.8 kilos now :-) slowing down but to be expected now, not long to B day

• Like 1

Another gain this morning so I am not stepping on those scales again for a week lol.  My stomach is still quite swollen and sore.  I haven't been doing much at all - trying to organize some of my craft supplies - watching telly - snoozing lol.  I am very lucky my husband has been doing all the housework (well he normally does anyway).  I got some sustagen at the chemist am going to try that instead of the optifast - I thought maybe I might put in some blueberries and blitz them.  I have to go back to work on Monday so 2 more days resting and then back to the real world.  They are still all guessing what surgery I had.  My hubby told them to tell them I had a boob job.  I've still got a lot of shoulder tip pain also.

Oh Henry I feel for you that shoulder tip pain is horrible, I always get it bad. That is the worst of the ops for me and lasts a good 2 weeks for me :-( dreading that pain again.

hey henry! I add a very small amount of frozen aldi berries to my morning shake, t hey are lovely, well worth a try honey, do you mix in a bullet or blender thingie?

hey mumma, wonder if we are similar ages? im 38 .... scary as getting real close to the big 40.

only 3 more sleeps mumma ... woo hoo ... time to get ya bags packed chookie! :-)

how are you feeling today Mel? great I hope and on the mend.

hey Zen I am 36 in less than 2 weeks :-) so only a couple of years behind you.

Woohooo only 3 more sleeps ... need to have a blood test done tomorrow so must remember that.

Will pack my bag Tuesday ready for Wednesday. Other than that I think I am ready. Got a few things ready for after op like soups, optifast, breakfast type drinks, Degas tablets, Berocca, Smooze and things that I am allowed to have post op.

Sounds sad but I am looking forward to the peace and quiet in hospital. My 3 and 6 year old are so talkative and loud all the time. Even when they are playing by themselves they are talking lots.

I always hated hubby leaving me at hospital when I had the kids but when I had the band removed back in January I sent him home befor 7pm so he would be home before kids went to bed and he got to see his parents as they were visiting my Mum and our kids at our place. I just watched TV and had a nice relaxing time by myself.... loved it.

• Like 1

couple of old ducks we are Mumma! lol

Yeah I agree, when I went in to have the twins, left the one year old at home (obviously) and the nurses minded the babies a few nights in hospital, it was bliss, got to sleep all night, that hadn't happened for ages! I will be fine by myself this time too, its only one night, the girls adore their daddy so some daddy daughter time will be good for all 4 of them! he will drive back up to pick me up from Bundaberg mid afternoon the day after I think, not really sure when I get discharged but sure they will let me know.

Hey did you have to pay separately for your barium swallow the next morning? I have to call them to arrange payment, wonder how much that will be? I am self funded so guessing it will be huge. Hubby has joined us all up in CUA healh fund now top shelf one just in case, plus our girls may need braces over the next few years so I think good to have it just in case.

Hey whats smooze hun? never herd of it, I am very much like you, have my goodies in my own little pantry in the kitchen cupboard and a secret spot in the fridge and freezer, the kids keep nicking my diet jelly, WTH!? lol

are you gonna take a shake or two to hospital with you? im thinking about taking one maybe just in case.

Have a great day honey, Im off to bath 2 grubby kids ponies today and clean out chookie & g/pig pens, such a great job ... not! Only have mon tues and wed, then my 2 weeks off start, looking forward to that, cant believe how close we are now!!!!!!!

I would take some optifast to the hospital with you as there was nothing on my tray that I was allowed to eat.  My nurse asked me if had bought some opti with me but I didn't know I was supposed to. 
What they came up with was "broth" - I think it was a stock cube with boiling water lol - very salty.  I am doing a test on driving today to get read for work tomorrow.  I am going to go into Coles and buy some yogult - bit day out for me lol.  I have been wondering what I will wear to work as I always wear pants so got dressed into work cloths today - pants wont be happening lol my port site is still very swollen.  Might have to do a drive by to Vinnies to see if they have a loose dress or 2.

Yes might be a good idea to pack an optifast or 2 just in case. We have to be left by 10 am on day of discharge .... that's a private hospital for you. Were as my local hospital you are lucky to be discharged early arfo... more like late arfo or evening lol

When I had my first band 9 years ago it was in the public system and cost me $5,000 which was band cost $3,000+ Optifast and fills. I had a barium swallow the next day as a hospital patient so no charge. But this time have no idea as I asked a few who were banded at the same hospital before me and they didn't have one done the next day. It all depends on your surgeon and hospital I believe.

I already feel so much better with this weight loss.... I can see a difference and so can hubby, so can not wait to lose more.

This shows you how long ago I had my 1st band..... I was operated on in the public system, on Optifast for 2 weeks prior and was allowed fruit (not this time), My old surgeon is retired but helps my new surgeon as an assistant, was not allowed to eat from the night before surgery and had nothing after surgery and was only allowed to have something the next night at tea time (when I was wanting to head home) so I was starved for 48 hours ..... gee glad things have changed. I was given the barium swallow on an empty stomach (its not a nice drink at anytime, very heavy and chalky) and then they flang me around on the machine (it felt like it, but they just moved me up and down and around a bit) was not a nice feeling.

So I am glad things have changed :-)

Did any of you that have already had the band have a barium swallow the day after op or not?

• Like 1

my barium swallow is already booked for 9am the next morning. different procedures for different surgeons Im seeing.

I got on the scales at local chemist today and have lost nearly 2.8 kgs, pretty happy with that, if I keep this up for my next 7 days I might even get to 5kgs which would be awsum and keep me under 100kgs woo hoo! I am being very very strict, I figure there is no point going through all this if not to follow the rules, I know this will be hard but, we are all only human hey.

I love vinnies too henry, you will be sure to find something for work. what kind of work do you do mate?

hey mumma, I got some smooze at aldi today doing my weekly shop - they look very yummie and are in small packets so that will be a nice change, are they yummie?

hope you are well mel.

Oh yes Zen the Smooze are define.... I checked our Aldi yesterday but did not see them. Where about's in Aldi's did you find them?

• Like 1

well I normally never see them in our aldi over here, but today they were in where the kids poppers and cordial is, they are not normally a standard item over here. today is the first time I have ever seen them and I though about how you mentioned on here, and I was like a kid with candie ... had to get me a box ... lol

Give each one a massage before freezing them or else the can be not as nice

I saw a post of Smooze facebook page recently that said they were now shipping into Aldis stores and I was wrapped.

Is it a mixed box of 3 flavours? You can also get individual flavoured boxes in most supermarkets near the toppings

• Like 1

16 x mango, guava and Pineapple, never tried one so can't wait - good ole opti stopping me yet! :-(

I love Aldi, its the only place I shop out now, apart from our local butcher for our meat.

thanks for the hint will squish em up a tad before I whack in freezer .. might have to hide them too, I think my girls would love it if they know they are there! lol

Well back to work for me tomorrow.  I feel I am ready - drove into Coles today as a test for driving.  I still have absolutely no appetite today I have had 1 sustagen 1 cuppa soup water and 1 berocca 1 yukult.  I am thinking I should probably have something for 'dinner' maybe I'll make a chai tea on milk.  I have done groceries and ironing today so not as slothful lol.  I cooked dinner for hubby and my dad tonight - first time I have cooked since the op - I wanted to test if something was cooked so chewed it and spat it out the window lol.  I wasn't even tempted by the dinner.  Hopefully everyone has a good week coming up and end of the opti for some of you this week yeahhhhhhhh.

• Like 1

have a great day back at work mate ......... !

that's funny gave it a chew and spat it out, good idea but, least you would not feel like you are missing out! lol

Good Luck at work today Henry. Good job cooking, ironing and shopping.

Zen they are so yummy, I will be happily having them after my op :-)

Off for a blood test today, group and hold as the hospital says its a must in case I need a blood transfusion as I have had a band before. But surgeon says he has never had to give anyone having a 2nd band a transfusion. Hopefully not but best to be safe.

2 more sleeps for Yvetteb and I :-) so excited to start my new banded life. Hubby works tomorrow and then has 2 week off. He has his RDO today.

Mel how are you healing up darl?

• Like 1

Well today was the first day back to normal. Driving kids to school, Doing work at home. I run a business from home. I am feeling really good just a bit tired at times. I cant tell the difference between, gas gurgling, or if it's hunger, very confusing! I am following Prof O'Brien strict advice of only eat (drink a meal) when you are hungry. As long as you keep the water up you should only have soup, opti-fast, smoothies etc when you are hungry. He is very adamant about this. Have lost 2 kilos since Thursday, wrapped with that as I thought I'd actually gain fluid. I don't think I can feel anything when I swallow soup or a smoothie, I am sipping so I wonder if I gulped if I would feel it? Everything is pretty un-eventful so far so not much to report. 

Mumma Poss, I just read above that you have had the band before, is there anywhere I can read about your story?

Take Care guys 

Mel xx

• Like 1

Mel the above link should work for my story :-) Glad you are feeling good. I also like that book and plan to live by it. I also work from home, what do you do?

Thanks Mumma Poss, You have been through the wringer! You are obviously experienced with the band and I wish you all the luck in the world that 2nd time around has long lasting success for you. I run a Jewellery Business. It's about 4 years old, 100% on-line. Take a look www.haggled.com.au

Keeps me very busy and because office is at home I feel like I can never escape! What's your business? Are you all set for Wednesday?

Mel x

• Like 1

Wow Mel they look great. Yes it must keep you busy. I do manicures and pedicures and gel polish. Only started a few months ago so slowly getting a clientele. I am hoping by the time my 3.5 year old goes to school I have a nice little business going.

Looked at your website Mel - might need to do some xmas shopping there.  Mumma my old neighbour used to do nails from home she had so many clients she was working from 7am and 7pm some nights hopefully that happens for you also.  My shoulder tip pain is something severe tonight.  I have just put a hotpack on it - I am not a whimp when it comes to pain - I am just trying to work through it.  I still have no appetite and have only made my way through 1 sustagen 1 cuppa soup 1 yukult and water.  My dietician says I should be having a minimum of 3 x opti or 3 x sustagen a day - hopefully it lasts like this lol.  Mel I swallowed a gulp of water on Sun morning omg felt like I had just parked a bus in my chest.

Ouch that sounds so painful Henry. A good reminder to sip sip sip.... gee I hope I remember that.

Its been a day of OMG smells.... hubby and DD had party pies and sausage rolls for lunch and then tomato and basil chicken pieces and chips .....OMG they smelt great and was so tempted but no I had my 3 shakes and that is all today :-) so proud of myself. Was a very tempting day though.

hi gals glad to hear you are all going well.

Henry, how was your first day at work? what kinda work do you do mate?

Mel, good on ya mate, gotta get back to the school runs hey .... no time for us mums! lol I love your website too, have a sticky beak, it looks awsum! are you in any pain chookie? hope not.

hey mumma, did I tell ya my first dieticans apt is next wed.... lol your op day ... will be thinking of you on my drive there after work.... :-) can't wait for my present to arrive chicky ;-)

off to bed for me, got a stinking head ache and feeling hungry, best to ignore and go pass out .... have stuck to my opti 100% thus far, and even been walking an hour most days..... I lack energy I really do ... *sigh* but I know its not forever so that keeps me going.