Zendaya

November 2014

yeah isn't it bloody hard, I MADE home made pizzas last nite for the family... oh my god it was soooo hard to stop that fricken temptation to shovel everything in your gob, but I did it and I was super proud in the end .... we have to keep our eye on the prize gals eyes on the prize!

Zendaya Mumma you have both been doing so well with your opti. Hopefully Yvette is doing ok on it as well.  I work in accounts so feed a computer all day every day.  First day back was good and I actually left at home time.  The bosses wife came in for 2 days last week so it wasn't a complete write off.  My shoulder tip pain tonight is a force to be reconned with.  I have just wimped out and took an Endone and its easing.  I hadn't had any for a couple of days.  I am normally quite used to pain as my back is shot but this is just so bloody excruciating.  I have been sleeping sitting up since I got home because of the shoulder tip pain.  I am really hoping it will pass soon. 

• Like 1

thanks henry, opti is a bloody struggle at times though, but I am staying strong - 6 days to go yahh. my poor belly makes horrible gurgling sounds worse at night ... most likely cause its hungry! lol and bad diahrea at times too (sorry for the TMI) but I am keeping up my Metamucil twice daily and going for a walk.

Damm that shoulder pain you poor thing, hope it eases up soon, do the heat packs help you any? take the medication mate if you need it I say, that's what its there for to help you get through... god when I was in labour I asked for everything medication wise ...... you won't need it forever!

Mumma only one more sleep! woo hoo... oh yes hope Yvette is going strong too and survived the dreaded opti phase!

Hope you have a great school run today Mel, rest up if you in between work!

have a great day ladies, off to work for me (in a hospital can you believe) :-)

I don't think I can feel anything when I swallow soup or a smoothie, I am sipping so I wonder if I gulped if I would feel it? Everything is pretty un-eventful so far so not much to repor

Does that mean what you are sipping down is going through nicely Mel? Hope so as this bit has me a tad caucious! I think we should steer clear of gulping.

Morning all, have lost 6.9 kilos since I started optifast :-) sitting here drinking my optifast frappe lol as I type.

I can not believe my B day is tomorrow.... yippiee I am so ready. I have to call the hospital later today to see if my time is still the same and will ask what time I am due in surgery. :-) Will pack bag and get ready today.

Henry I feel for you as that shoulder pain is the pits.... that is what I am dreading. I suffer from it badly every time. :-(

Any way getting the kids ready for the day. Chat later :-)

• Like 1

Good morning guys and gals. Just read through all your comments and wow looks like everybody is excited, I am going in for the band on thursday 13th at Hollywood hospital and doctor dolan is doing the op.

I've been on opti for 9 days so far an have lost 6kgs. I'm a little bit on the the lighter side currently sitting at 124kg but I decided to get the band as a lifestyle change was needed. Hopefully I should get to around 95kg.

Hope everyone that has been in for the band is doing well and for those that are still waiting good luck, I know I can't sleep I'm way to excited.

• Like 1

Welcome to the group Brodystein, yes we are all very excited. How have you been coping on the optifast? I have added you to our surgery list and I wish you the best of luck in case I forget to after my surgery :-)

Reposting Surgery dates

3rd Henrywashere

6th Melizoo

12th Mumma Poss & Yvetteb (Same Hospital Same Surgeon)

13th Brodystein

17th Zendaya & MissMillie

Let me know if you need to be added to the list so I can that for you :-)

Melizoo you are up next, tomorrow is your big day. How are you feeling? So excited for you

I'm a bit lucky I work away so when I'm in the truck it's really easy I've found my water intake has doubled but I think that's just my own doing to take away the hunger sensation.

I've found it hard at home with temptation I gave myself one cheat night where I was able to have a nice lean piece of salmon.

I don't mind the optifast I grabbed the vanilla and strawberry the strawberry is by far a better taste.

Once my surgery is complete and after the 5 days I'm back at work so because I'm on the road and alot of the food options are not able to be prepared I will be extending my week 2 fluid diet in to the 3rd week as well and then moving on to week 4 which is the soft diet.

• Like 1

Ok rang hospital and due at hospital by 11:15am and roughly due in surgery around 2pm.

• Like 1

Wishing you the best of Luck tomorrow Mumma Poss, You will do great!

Mel x

• Like 2

Yeah Mumma - hopefully it will all go smoothly for you.  Not so much shoulder pain for me today - and the scales are still not making me happy :(

• Like 1

Thanks Henry. I was reading today that it can take 4 weeks to see any lose after WLS so hang in there it will happen :-)

hi and a big welcome Brody! I take it you are a truck driver? how much weight do you hope to loose mate?

Good luck tomorrow my BB (mumma) ... you will do great I can feel it in my waters! lol 2pm hay! groovy.... member to keep me posted hey, I am there for you anytime, day or night.

only 5 days of opti left for me thank god, its definitely hard but doable.

I don't have scales in the house henry, how about you put them in the boot of your car for a couple of weeks, save driving yourself crazy! I am only going to allow myself to be weighed weekly at my WW meetings.

Thanks Zen, you may wish you didn't say text me anytime day or night lol

Ok I have lost 7.7 kilos since starting opti, so happy with that loss.

Slept ok until after 3am then it was tossing and turning time until alarm went off at 6:15am. Had my optifast shake for breakfast and got kids organized as well as putting slow cooker on for my Mum tonight and for me to have blended and made into a soup. So looking forward to something other than optifast lol

I am excited but also a little nervous, those nervous will strike more at hospital admission and then when I get wheeled away into surgery.

I will try and update you all later when I can or at least update Zen to update in here for me :-)

my last surgery in January (band removal) I was so sleepy for a good 2 hours plus so might not be an update until tonight sometime. Thanks heaps for the support everyone, can't believe its my turn :-)

• Like 1

At hospital, been admitted and waiting in my room. Get ready at 1pm and relax in bed. Due in surgery at 2pm :-) gee there lunch in here smells yummy lol

• Like 2

Mumma is going good, all geared up, got her sexy leg thingies on and waiting to be wheeled around!

thinking of you honey!

and I mean it, you can text me anytime, here for you chookie!

im off to my boring dietician appointment now. update you all later guys when I hear from Mumma.

how you going meli??

just herd from Mumma Poss! she got back to her room around 5pm, she is very sleeping, was slowly sipping some apple juice.... hopefully she can update us more when she is home and feels up to it ....

Hi Zen

I'm doing well besides this weird chest thing for past 3 days. I'd be lucky to be getting in 300 calories a day, not by choice but just that I have NO appetite and the chest pain makes me not want anything. I have a feeling its my morning takeaway coffee that is doing it. Didn't have any issues the days before when I didn't have the coffee( school run thing) I bloody hope not cos its my only vice! 100gm off being in the 80's so I am wrapped. 

How are you???? How badly does Optifast suck?

Mel x

Morning guys. So I'm all checked in and waiting for my op I'm going in at 9am apparently so just waiting around.

Zendaya yeah I am a truck driver, I drive road trains from perth to the pilbara. I was at 130kg I'm now one 124kg would love to finish at 90kg but my first goal is 100kg

• Like 1

Hi Brodystein - Hope it all goes good for you today and you don't get too much shoulder pain.  Don't know if I would like to be driving long distance soon after the op.

I am home from work today have to go back to dr this afternoon.  I may have a blockage in my bowel  just waiting for test results if I need to go back into hospital.  On the good side my blood pressure yesterday was low and its normally high.  Im not having anything other than water - I feel like a beached whale.

Mumma hopefully everything is going good for you today and its all systems go from here on in.

Yvette hopefully it all went ok for you also and you are back on the mend again.

• Like 1

holey crap henry how the heck does that occur? you poor thing, hope you get good news at the quack honey!

Mel - OMG I agree, I do indulge in a real coffee at work 3 mornings a week, bloody hope its not the coffee! gahhhhh! WOW nearly in the 80's I DREEEAM of being in the 80's .... lol ... well done babe, member to keep your fluids up? do you have any trouble getting enough water down each day? what multi do you take chook?

wishing you all the best today Brody, my day is Monday, its all happened so fast hasnt' it.

Hope you are travelling well too Yvette!

Hey guys I'm out surgery went perfect. I have no shoulder pain however I do have a little pain in my stomach but according to the nurses that's just general surgical pain. I'm a little drowsy still I git told I could go Ho e tonight but opted to stay until tomorrow just incase. Can't wait to see pics of progress from all the November banders