SXA

Any September Banders? :)

Henry I also cook Christmas lunch and I am planning on some Salmon and fresh salads at this stage (for easy eating) and what ever else I decide on. The usual cheesecake and pav too :-)

• Like 1

Hi everyone ! Thought I'd check in and see how your all doing . I had my first fill on Thursday and started solids today . I only had 4 ml but the restriction is there ! It's so strange , I had 5 small crackers with avocado And ham and I was so full ! Loving it .... Laura how are you going ?

• Like 1

Slimtamsoon! Congrats on your first fill :)

Pls be careful with trying foods as I made a mistake and I swallowed a piece of chicken while I was cooking for my kids without thinking that I have the band and I had the worst 10 min of my life with that piece of chicken stuck in my chest and i have strange condition of not being able to vomit! Anyway it passed somehow after a while but it was horrible!

I hope all is going well with everyone!

miss Angel butterfly :(

SXA and Tam... missed you both!

Geesh I leave the country and Tam got a first fill and SXA you had a stuck moment....what the heck! :) lol

Glad you got through your stucky Sara and yes it is awful and can be quite scary for the first time.

Tam, well you are no longer a Fill Virgin! woohoo

Now don't stand sideways ladies, I'm sure I will miss you again!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, things have been going ok for me, band wise..I am being careful not to have any more stuck moments and sticking to right foods but still stuck at the 10kg loss mark since surgery! But I guess my missing piece of the puzzle is exercise, as I still can't get myself to do it. Anyway just thought to check how everyone is doing :)

How are you Zendaya? Haven't heard from you for a while now x

• Like 1

Hi everyone, things have been going ok for me, band wise..I am being careful not to have any more stuck moments and sticking to right foods but still stuck at the 10kg loss mark since surgery! But I guess my missing piece of the puzzle is exercise, as I still can't get myself to do it. Anyway just thought to check how everyone is doing :)

Hmm now come on girl, you have that fancy machine at your place for exercise! Don't make me come down there!! lol ;)

• Like 2

Thank you very mush SXA I am doing well. only 16 more days for me and I can't wait.

I am thrilled to bits that you are doing well, I am very proud of you .... I do a fair bit of walking with my mum, I find it relaxing actually getting out in the fresh air for an hour, maybe try a nice steady walk a couple of times a week? I find it even helps me clear my mind, and puts me in a more positive mind frame.

• Like 2

Thank you Zendaya for your nice words of encouragement. 16 days!! you must be really excited as the date is coming closer :)

I am sure you will be great and do much better than me as well xx

keep us updated here in Sep banders ;)

I am planning on starting the walk every morning as I have some extra time on my hand now..exercise have always been my challenge as I always struggle with getting myself to start doing it!

Thank you Angel butterfly! You are welcome to come by any time ;)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! Just thought to check in again. I have been doing ok and still trying to loose more weight since the 10kg loss since surgery and finally another kg shifted and I am finally under 85! It is just 84 but still I was happy to see it :)

I started a walk every morning last week so I think that's what did it! I am trying to keep going like that and see what will happend next week!

Zendaya, you must be getting really excited :)

Good luck! I know u got this and keep us updated x

Angel butterfly, looking forward to cooking an authentic dinner for u soon ;)

• Like 1

Sounds great SXA. Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch out during the week too. Hope your weekend is fabulous! x

• Like 1

Zendaya, you must be getting really excited :)

Good luck! I know u got this and keep us updated

Thanks for your ongoing support SXA, only 7 days tomorrow now, real close. I am very excited and very keen to get my journey on a roll. Been on opti for nearly 6 days, I don't have scales at home so got on at chemist today lost nearly 3kgs so happy with that, would love to stay under 100kg mark when I go in Monday week.

Good on ya mate for starting up ya walking, wish we lived closer we could walk and yarn together! :-(

keep up the good work honey. how are you going food wise whats a normal day for sxa? lol

• Like 1

Thanks Zendaya! I wish u were close too, it is always good to have the company ;)

WOW on the 3 kg loss you are already on the way xx

I can't believe how time is flying and u r there!

Food wise I have been trying to stay on low calories as I know how I am like and I just get fat from talking about food haha

My days last week were as follows:

Breakfast: berry smoothie with water and yougurt

Lunch: tuna snack pack with the crackers in it

Dinner: soup or 2 rice cakes with cheese

I managed to stay on that for 6 days with a lunch out on one of the days. Then this week I will add some more by having eggs or beans in breakfast.

my band is tight and I know that but I also know myself and if it wasn't that tight I would be eating and gaining weight! I get hungry but it doesn't last for long and I get full very quickly. I can't eat protein and a lot of textures without at least feeling uncomfortable if not stuck. I am planning on loosening it by the end of the month hoping I would be 80 kg by then or even stabilising under 85 kg.

I talked too much haha

l hope u r doing ok with Optifast and tolerating it well x

you are almost there! Takecare and let us know how u r doing xx

Hey SXA, you go sister!

So crackers go down okay? I must admit bread/crackers scare the crappers outta me, I am paranoid about getting stuff stuck. but I have been practicing to take small bites and swallow slowly, gesh its hard isn't it, especially being s uch a fattie who has for so bloody long shoveled tucker down my throat but no consideration for my poor belly :-(

OMG I dream of being in the 80's - I am so proud of you - keep up the good work. Oh no you have not talked too much, I love hearing about it all, ask me anything anytime, mind you I am still a band vigin! lol

opti is okay, bad headaches still BUT less than 7 days to go now .... yahhhh!

do you reckon you will get it loosened a bit anytime soon? or are you coping with it chookie? be kind to yourself hey ... remember slow and steady wins the race (uhmm I should listen to my own advise) - have you had any stuck moments? how did you manage them?

Hi Zendaya, I was thinking about you today and how u r doing with Optifast and nerves xo

I think you are sooo ready and have been collecting all this info and getting ready for a long time now so I am sure u will be awesome :)

Yeah I think I will take some fill out before I go away in the beginning of Dec as I am a bit struggling now..yesterday I had a stuck moment with tuna!! Drinking water was hard this morning and I didn't eat anything since the stuck moment yesterday. But I do admit it is my fault and I should make it a bit looser so u don't have to worry as u don't have to have a stuck moment at all if u r careful and found ur sweet spot :)

So the only thing that got me out of the stuck moment yesterday was Eno in water and the person who gave it to me didn't even know I have the band but she thought I am having digesting problems! Remeber that everyone is different like surprisingly for me till now toast still goes down fine!! And also I have this problem that I physically can't throw up while other people would say that they just throw up and all is fine after and they get through the stuck moment..I think they call it PP which is productive burping. Anyway again u can go through the whole thing without having any of those moments if u do as advised and I am telling myself the same advise :)

Let us know how u r going x

Takecare and you are almost there xo

• Like 2

Gidday SXA, I am going well thanks for asking! Only 3 mores sleeps for me, I feel I am as ready as I can be, just have to stay calm and go with the flow, I am proud of myself for getting this far, I have been reading up and watching the dr o'briens dvd to install his golden rules into my head. I am determined.

Oh dear you poor thing, stuck on tuna? if you cannot bring it back up how do you manage? what is ENO in water can I ask?

Hi Zendaya, ENO is just an over the counter medicine that people use for indigestion. It comes as a powder in a jar and you use a table spoon in a cup of water and it dissolves straight away making some bubbly drink that you need to drink straight away. I have no idea how it helped but in my case as I won't throw up I guess it just pushed the stuck peace down!

The count down is on now almost there xx

Good on you for being this prepared and I am sure u will be able to make it and get to what u want :)

I am sure everyone here will be proud of you getting this far! Keep us updated and good luck with everything xo

• Like 1

Thanks SXA!  Yeh I agree, I think I am as prepared as one can be... but you never really know how you will go til you get there and man up hey!  lol  eno sounds like it could be helpful, Im not sure how I will go with this PB'ing either, but will have to wait and see.  I will update as soon as I am able to over the next few days... take care mate, and thanks again for your ongoing support, I truly appreciate it... :-)

• Like 1

Hey Zendaya! Just wanted to wish u good luck today and I will be thinking of you xo

let us know how u went :)

• Like 1

thanks SXA.  tomorrow will be 7 days post op. the first few days were pretty rough, as Im sure it is with everything, its a big ordeal to go through. 

I am feeling sooooooooooooooooo much better today though and last nite was the first nite I was able to sleep in bed with DH laying down, without feeling ill.  I knew my body just need a bit more time to get better, up until I was on the recliner in the loungre room which was kinda okay I guess.

I going to try do a small 15 min walk up the road today.

How have you been feeling mate? Well I hope.

• Like 1

Hi Zendaya! Thank you for letting us know how u r doing! U did it!! :)

I am soooo happy for u and that all went well xo

The hard bit is over and I am sure u will be ok and will do amazing results x

I have been ok and getting used to it all and the way of eating after the band..i think if I tried to go back to the way I used to eat I won't be able to lol

I wish u all the best with ur journey as it all starts from here xo

• Like 1

no worries SXA, pop over to Nov 14 thread to have a yak anythime!  Thanks for your encouraging words, I am confident, but sure there will be speed humps in the way as there is with most things in life hey, just have to learn to deal with them and more forward and upwards!

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Thought would check-in and see how everyone is going. (was banded on 16/9/14).  

For the most part I have been doing ok.  Have had my first fill (cannot remember if it was 2 or 3 mls) and seemed to cope ok with it.  However, for the last week or so it seems like every main meal I eat I am suffering from it getting 'stuck' and the only way to alleviate the tightness is to go and bring the food back up.

It even happened with scrambled eggs today!!  I am having no luck at all with red meat (except for mince) and I loved a nice piece of steak...Lol  On a positive not I seem to be struggling with potato as well, chips especially, so that is not such a bad thing.  I am thankfully having no issues with fish or chicken, and I really like rice, so that has taken the place of potato.  Salad is also ok, which is good too!

I am getting a little frustrated with the stuck issues and it makes it hard to enjoy my food as much because I am always worried whatever I eat is going to get stuck, but I am remaining positive and the weight I am losing definitely helps with that.

I actually have clothes that are way too big for me now and I have started a donations bag.  I actually wore some jeans the other day, and I cannot remember the last time I did - clothes without an elasticised waist have not been part of my wardrobe selections for a long time.  So that was very exciting!

I can finally see the results when I look in the mirror so that helps me stay motivated and positive.

p.s.  only just over 10 kgs till my first target weight.
  • Like 1