Lanners

Christmas Challange

There I have said it -  the dreaded "C" word.

My brother rang me last night and said that he was coming over from the UK for Christmas.  I haven't seen him since Christmas 2012 and since then he got a lapband in Feb 2013 and has lost 51 kg and got to goal weight.  I got my lapband in Sept 2013 and have so far lost 39.2 kg with another 8.8 to go to get to goal.

So my challenge is to get as close to goal weight as I can for when he flies in on 21st December (16 weeks today).  To be at goal would be fantastic but I know that these last kgs are going to be the hardest!

It hasn't started well as I weighed in at 86.6 this morning up from 83.8 after celebrating my daughter's 18th a little too well.  Anyway it is opti for me for at least a week.

You are welcome to join me and any help, advice and kicking my butt will be gratefully received :)

• Like 7

I'm in! I FINALLY get my sleeve in a couple of weeks and start the pre-op diet soon. It is impossible for me to lose 40kgs by Christmas but I would be thrilled if I could break into the 70s. Even 79.9 would make me happy. This coming weekend I will clear the house of crap food and stock up on shakes! I couldn't stomach Optifast but the Celebrity Slim ones aren't too bad... I feel lethargic just thinking about it :/ 

I will focus on the pretty dresses!

Best of luck Lanners!

• Like 5

So the first week out of 16 done and this morning I am 83.3 so down 3.3 kg.  It's amazing what a week on opti will do.  Now to keep the momentum going as I am now just 8.3 kg from goal weight.

Glad to have you on board BeeBop.  When do you start your pre-op diet?  I am toying with doing Opti for at least another couple more days.

You got me thinking about dresses - I can only ever remember wearing 2 dresses.  One when I was 9 for my Gran's birthday and the other was my wedding dress 21 years ago.  I think I may have to look at some summer dresses this year . . . . . . . . 

• Like 2

Well done Lanners! 

As awful as optifast is, you can't argue with results! :P I start the pre-op diet tomorrow... Let the migraines begin! I have so many pretty dresses in smaller sizes and I can't wait to start wearing them :)

• Like 2

As of last night, I am 100.1kgs. I know it is a loss, but Y U NO DOUBLE DIGITS??? I will weigh tomorrow with crossed fingers.

• Like 4

I love the C word it's my favorite word, along with the F word '' fun ''  :)  because at work we have a mandatory shut down period of 14 days. 

I would like to loose as much as I (safely & healthily) can by the "C" word. :D I am (as of yesterday, i weigh every sunday) 100.2kg. Dr Leong wants me under 100kg by my next visit, which is 28th November, as I was 105kg at my last visit in early August. 5 days ago I decided I needed to get off my backside and start doing something (I've never been very active or motivated to exercise) and have started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home DVDs. I have managed to do some exercise at least once (and a couple times TWICE) a day since I started. My goal is to continue to exercise and to loose as much as possible. :)

Good luck all and Take care

Amy

• Like 4

How are you going BeeBop, have you had surgery yet?

Congratulations on starting your exercise regime amy_agatha, I wish I could find the motivation to exercise.

My weight is coming off slowly - weighed in at 81.7 kg this morning, so 6.7 kg to get to goal.  I still have a chance of getting there by Christmas but if I don't so be it.

• Like 5

Congratulations on starting your exercise regime amy_agatha, I wish I could find the motivation to exercise.

My weight is coming off slowly - weighed in at 81.7 kg this morning, so 6.7 kg to get to goal.  I still have a chance of getting there by Christmas but if I don't so be it.

Thanks Lanners :) It was hard for me to start but now I can get up and do 20 minutes of walking easy and getting better each day. As of this morning I was 96.9kg so I feel I'm going well, I'm going in the right direction at least. lol :D Dr Leong will be pleased, he wanted me under 100kg by next visit (late november).

• Like 2

Sounds fabulous Lanners, I reckon you can definitely do it! Wishing you all the very best.

I am only being banded in Nov, but hope to get rid of about 5kgs by Xmas. Im starting in small chunks like 5 kilos!

• Like 3

I hit double digits today, my aim for Christmas is to be on the 80s!

• Like 4

Sounds fabulous Lanners, I reckon you can definitely do it! Wishing you all the very best.

I am only being banded in Nov, but hope to get rid of about 5kgs by Xmas. Im starting in small chunks like 5 kilos!

Small chunks is definitely the way to go.  

I have always set myself small goals along the way.  It could be to get to the next 5 kg, next weight loss band or BMI target.  At the moment I am concentrating on getting to 79.8 kg (a further loss of 1.9 kg), then I will be at 90% to goal weight.

• Like 3

I hit double digits today, my aim for Christmas is to be on the 80s!

So pleased for your scoots, I am so glad everything is back on track again :)

• Like 3

I have had my surgery and am 10kgs down! I am pretty thrilled with that :D My goal of 79.9kgs might just be realistic after all! 

Wow well done! You have done so well! I have no doubt you can get rid of the last 6.7 by Christmas :D Good luck!

Good luck to everyone else who has joined too! You can do it!! :D

• Like 1

Wow 10 kg that is fantastic - I am so pleased for you.  Just think of all those pretty dresses :)

• Like 1

I am back in the 80s :D I have just under 10kgs to lose in just over a month to be at my Christmas target... I don't know if I will get there but I haven't ruled it out yet :)

How is everyone else doing?

• Like 1

Beebop I'm going to join you on a christmas target - I don't weigh myself unless at the doctors but I am in the late 80's last time weight and hoping to be in the 70's by Christmas. 

Feeling a lot better day 6 from sleeving today, getting down some good soups and feeling less nauseous. I can tell I have lost weight because I don't have backfat rolls anymore and I lost my double chin :) 

• Like 2

Congrats Brizkate :) Welcome to the challenge!

Good luck with your goal! I am sure you will make it :) Keep us updated with how you are going :)

I hope you feel better soon! If nausea is a problem for you, get your surgeon to write you a script for maxolon or something.

Im still in.   Trying to avoid to many xmas luncheons!  lol

Would love to be in the 80's for xmas but dunno really, I am around 93 I think, I don't have scales at home, only going to weigh myself at chemist if/when in town or at dieticians office, otherwise I think id send myself  crazy at home on the scale 20 times a day and become obsessed :ph34r:

Goodluck to everyone!

• Like 1

no not yet mate, but I might get the ole tape measure out today and do some!  thanks AB :)

no not yet mate, but I might get the ole tape measure out today and do some!  thanks AB :)

The tape measure is your friend way more than the scales! You're welcome Zen

• Like 1

took em today AB and put them in my mummies fat folder with all my WLS books and other good bits! lol

• Like 1

it wasn't pretty but hey, to make a change you have to make a start! ;-)

• Like 1