BeeBop

Pre-making shakes

Hi Bandits and Sleevers,

I am due to start the pre-op diet again next week and I am wondering about pre-making my shakes. I like the idea of blending several up with and added supplements and keeping it in a bottle (like a milk bottle) in the fridge to just quickly shake and pour as needed. Do you think this would be ok? I know it is lazy but it would make it soooooo much more convenient (especially since the process sucks) but if it would somehow muck with it, I won't.

Thoughts?

Depends what brand you're using, optifast and slim I wouldnt recommend because when you leave for a while it creates a foamy texture on the top and tastes even more disgusting than it is originally lol. I saw on another post that you like celebrity slim, I've premade them before and they've been fine. Maybe try it out and see how you go

I agree freshly made is best :) But of a morning, it would be great to just shake the bottle, pour a glass and breakfast is done! I think I will give it a go and if it is awful, whoops! I will let you guys know how it goes - hopefully it will be fine :)

I am still good with measuring quantities out so that shouldn't be too much of a drama :)

Isn't that what you do with a shaker anyway?

Add water, add the sachet, put the lid on and shake?

• Like 1

Hi Bandits and Sleevers,

I am due to start the pre-op diet again next week and I am wondering about pre-making my shakes. I like the idea of blending several up with and added supplements and keeping it in a bottle (like a milk bottle) in the fridge to just quickly shake and pour as needed. Do you think this would be ok? I know it is lazy but it would make it soooooo much more convenient (especially since the process sucks) but if it would somehow muck with it, I won't.

Thoughts?

Personally I wouldn't because they settle and go a bit funky.

If time is an issue maybe grab a bullet type blender - it's quick, simple and gives the shakes etc a milkshake like thick consistency.

The Optifast shakes state to drink immediately once mixed.

I've read if left mixed and not consumed the nutrients (and enzymes) start to break down after an hour (regardless if refrigerated or not). Considering it is a 30 second shake and drink, I'm not sure how much time you would really save doing it the night prior? 

If you are referring to Protein shakes, pre-making that, yes the protein enzymes start to die within the hour after mixing (got that advice from a P.T.) 

Perhaps only alternative is to consume pre made/pre packaged products if you are that time poor, but it will be a pinch on the pocket.

Ok, that was my concern - that they would start to break down and lose some of the benefits. I will make them up as needed. Thanks for the replies everyone :)

I have the celebrity slim one. It is exactly the, just pink! They said the bottom compartment is for nuts and snacks or whatever but storing the powder in it isn't a bad idea :) Although I think I will just come home each lunch time so I don't have to do anything much and can do it in secret. Urgh.... it starts tomorrow :/ but 2 more weeks until my surgery!