tishtish

How did you/will you celebrate reaching your goal weight ?

I'm only a couple of kilos away from my goal weight and I'm wanting to do something special for myself to celebrate but for the life of me I can't think of anything. I'm on a very limited budget so it can't be anything like a tattoo or expensive jewellery. Also, there's no point in making it clothing as I'm a regular serial clothing buyer as it is.

What did the rest of you do when you reached goal ? If you haven't reached goal yet, what are your plans ?

Give me some ideas. I've worked so so hard to get this far and I don't want reaching my goal weight to just pass as just another day.

• Like 3

Funny you should ask!!! today my DH presented me with a $500 gift voucher, for a family portrait shoot & to put towards photographs! It's the same photographer who produced our stunning wedding album, so the quality of the work is amazing. I've been saying for about 4 years how much I'd love to get some really nice shots of our little 3 person family, before my daughter turns into a tweenager and it's all too daggy for her! But alas I've also held off for years, because I've not wanted to be 'fat' in pictures and canvasses hanging on our walls forever. So the voucher expires in 6 months time, and that's all I want to do when I get to my 57.5kg goal weight! So now, I have 6 months to get to that magical place!

So howsabout a sexy photo shoot ?!!

• Like 3

In 4 weeks I and a friend and our dogs are taking a 2000 klm road trip and going mountain biking in the great south east Queensland area for 2 weeks.

Heading for Bundaberg, Toowoomba, Gatton, Roma before heading home for a well earnt rest.

• Like 1

I'm 10kg off mine but I want to skydive :-)

• Like 2

Not really sure... will be checking this thread for ideas.

• Like 1

Funny you should ask!!! today my DH presented me with a $500 gift voucher, for a family portrait shoot & to put towards photographs! It's the same photographer who produced our stunning wedding album, so the quality of the work is amazing. I've been saying for about 4 years how much I'd love to get some really nice shots of our little 3 person family, before my daughter turns into a tweenager and it's all too daggy for her! But alas I've also held off for years, because I've not wanted to be 'fat' in pictures and canvasses hanging on our walls forever. So the voucher expires in 6 months time, and that's all I want to do when I get to my 57.5kg goal weight! So now, I have 6 months to get to that magical place!

So howsabout a sexy photo shoot ?!!

A sexy photo shoot is a fantastic idea but I've been doing this periodically for years now so it wouldn't really be anything new for me. I might have another session though ... see what I can come up with.

• Like 1

What about a pampering session at a salon or day spa? It can be as little as a massage or facial or if you can afford it a whole day session?

I quite like that idea, nb79. I've never had a facial. Oh ... I could get a pedicure ... I've only ever done that once before.

• Like 2

Brilliant topic tishtish, will be really interested in the ideas.  As at this morning I have got 8.5 kg so I need to start thinking about that very special day too.  

• Like 1

Have a look on groupon and scoopon for some massages etc. they are usually reasonable :)

• Like 1

Have a look on groupon and scoopon for some massages etc. they are usually reasonable :)

I'd check exactly what you get before buying. I bought a massage through one of them before and it was the worst experience...it was in this large room with no privacy at all. I'm naked practically and then some guy comes in for a massage. Never again will I buy anything through these sites.

I got my plastic surgery and then bought all new clothes and new underwear. Definitely was not cheap though. I celebrate everyday to some extent which is all free. Being able to fly without worrying about seatbelt extenders, whether the seat belt will fit and whether I will have to squeeze my arms so I don't hit the person next to me....being able to sit on any seat on public transport and no one looking at me hoping I won't sit next to them....going, doing and eating what ever I want in public and not have people staring at me because I'm so fat....walking around knowing I look good and guys are checking me out....being able to shop anywhere I want...it's just a general sense of freedom...a lot of things took quite a while to adjust and get use to though.

• Like 6

I have a list of things to buy when I get to goal weight but I like the idea of celebrating with an experience :) For a while I have been thinking about skydiving (the thought terrifies me) so I am toying with the idea of doing that. I love the idea of a spa day too - something to treat yourself with :)

• Like 1

I think I will buy a very expensive bottle of champagne, and invite my closest friends and family to enjoy it with me. They've all played a large part in my journey and I would like to celebrate with them.

I could think of a million presents to buy myself, but I think something more sentimental is perfect for my goal weight day.

• Like 3

Horseriding. I used to own a horse in my teens and just loved riding then I discovered boys. lol Later I became to fat to even think about getting on a horse.

I am happy to say my family and I are off to N.Z on the school holidays and I have booked a 3 1/2 hour horseriding trek in the mountains. Can't wait!!

• Like 3

I know of someone who climbed the Sydney Harbour bridge.

• Like 3

I know of someone who climbed the Sydney Harbour bridge.

I climbed the harbour bridge at around 100kgs...it's not really that hard...lots of steps and you heart races and then they take a break to take in the scenery and then repeat a few times over until you get to the top. The worst thing at that weight was that I think I was in the largest jumpsuit they had available and it's looked terrible on me.

• Like 1

I may or may not have hit my 100% goal today. How is it possible to not know ? Well, I was up earlier than usual today (4am) and know from lots of previous obsessive morning and night weighing rituals that I lose 100g per hour, just sleeping, plus what I lose getting up and down all night to wee, so going by my nighttime weigh in and how many times I get up, and how many hours I sleep, I'm able to pretty accurately predict what I'll weigh in the morning. (I know I sound mental but it's like a game for me.) If I'd gotten up at my usual time this morning I estimate I would have hit around 85 or 85.1kg. (85kg is my goal.)

If so I celebrated with a gastroscopy ... lol.

• Like 4

YAY!!

I would probably wait to see those perfect little numbers on the scales, take a picture of it and only then I would I believe it's really true!

YAY!!

I would probably wait to see those perfect little numbers on the scales, take a picture of it and only then I would I believe it's really true!

Yep ... I won't count it as a real achievement until I see those numbers. Maybe tomorrow morning !

• Like 2

84.9kg today. I've done it !

Well ... I've done it today. It'll take a few weeks to stabilise so I'll no doubt go back up into the 85 point somethings but for today ... I'm a success ... lol.

• Like 5

84.9kg today. I've done it !

Well ... I've done it today. It'll take a few weeks to stabilise so I'll no doubt go back up into the 85 point somethings but for today ... I'm a success ... lo

Congratulations tish 

F_CR11AQPVB01L.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations tish 

F_CR11AQPVB01L.jpg

Thanks Angel. You're such a sweetheart. This has really made me smile.

• Like 1