Sign in to follow this  
shazwayne

Suggestions Please

In the past couple of weeks, I have been suffering from really bad reflux (well I think it is reflux) at night. I take medication for it every day, but it doesn't seem to be working. Every night I wake up with a feeling of drowning, fluid in my throat and in my mouth and it burns the back of my throat. I have tried propping myself up with extra pillows and I am taking quite a bit of gaviscon trying to stop it.

I try not to eat/drink anything for at least 2 hours before bed.

My fill hasn't  changed.

Anyone had this and has anyone got any other suggestions. 

Before the band I was getting that reflux and mine was caused from having a hiatus hernia so while I was in getting the band installed the hernia was repaired at the same time.

That was 3 years ago and not once since have I had the terrible, terrible feeling that you've explained.

I think they found the hernia when having that swallow test thingy.

I had this when I had a pouch and slipped band.

It's not very pleasant, I feel for you

• Like 1

Go back and talk to your surgeon..... you need this sorted out. I feel for you :(

yes, I would speak to your surgeon.  I have no words of wisdom I am sorry, I am not even banded yet, but any concerns when I am done I will not hesitate in calling my surgeons office just to make sure.  goodluck!

I had this when I had a pouch and slipped band.

It's not very pleasant, I feel for you

KimmyKay...did you get a revision to fix your pouch? And if so, what was eating and reflux like before and after? Could you eat much less after the revision because you no longer have a pouch? I currently have a pouch and occasionally get reflux at night if I eat something heavy not long before going to bed.

KimmyKay...did you get a revision to fix your pouch? And if so, what was eating and reflux like before and after? Could you eat much less after the revision because you no longer have a pouch? I currently have a pouch and occasionally get reflux at night if I eat something heavy not long before going to bed.

I had reflux just about every night, it was worse if I ate late...mind you one night I had a cup of soup at 5pm and nothing after that and it came back up around 2am.

I had revision surgery in July last year, had a new band put in, port re-stitched in place and a hernia fixed while he was in there.

He also did a stomach plication at the same time, which I was told was the best thing and I would lose 10kg from that alone...I'm still waiting.

To answer your question, no I can actually eat more.

This new band is different, I don't get the same restriction no matter how tight it is. The stuck moments felt different as well.

I have had 1ml removed recently and am trying to lose the excess weight myself....time will tell if that works.

For me, I wish I didn't have it replaced. It may be a different scenario for others who have had it repaired.

In hindsight I should have had all the fil removed for a month to see if it repaired itself, but I was too keen for that elusive miracle cure...yet again.

• Like 1